0 FPS. 8000+ Entities. Wrong Location Errors. Mindcrack Pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so the other day I was working with my base and did a relog because fps was dropping. The save and exit froze so I had to force quit the application. The problem may just be that I might have corrupted the world but I'd like to make sure and if so if there is anyway to save it.

So everything seems alright when I log back in except only 5 chunks are loaded for a moment in a sideways b kind of pattern. Framerate is normal at this point. Slowly and steadily the world loads at extreme cost to my fps. I watched the console as well as the F3 debug screen to check the progress. The console would eventually freeze about halfway through the world loading with an Error that reads Wrong Location Pig/sheep/zombie/etc. followed by a massive string of red text errors most of which relating to anvil.

Over time the world will succeed to load but by that point my fps has reached a steady 0. Only giving me incredibly brief and random spurts of control. Which become increasingly less common over time. I was watching the Entities loaded in the F3 screen and noticed that it climbed up to 6000. I searched around in the slideshow to see where those loaded entities were but my entities in line of sight me nary broke 30. Soon the entities loaded reached more than 8000 and I could barely even move which is pretty much where it froze at.

I noticed a couple times before that there were two chunks that had permanently become generation errors and refused to load so I have a feeling they may be a culprit as well. However they had been around at least a day or two before this incident occurred.

I'd post the console log if I could actually keep it from freezing. I could probably provide a world download if need be.

Ackros

Jul 29, 2019
i sem t obe having same issue on our server, anyone know whats the fix for this?

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
As unhelpful as this is the only surefire way to fix a problem like this is to let the entities despawn on their own. Each dropped item is an entity so someone probably has a chronically leaky BuildCraft pipe somewhere. If you ever want to test this at some time just break a full Diamond Chest: instant lag.

If Mojang (or a modder!) added an option to wipe entities on demand that would be the ideal fix to situations like this. Currently they only have the option to disable new drops.

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
i'm not entirly sure, i believe forgeessentials has the remove command. This should remove dropped items in a radius around you. eg /remove 1000 removes all drops in a 1000 blok radius

It also has the butcher command that does work, the only this is it kills about 30 mobs so you have to execute it multiple times till it states 0 mobs killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.