What's new in modded minecraft today?

mineguy46

Jul 29, 2019
Just idle musing; but, I feel like minecraft has fully transferred over to a game engine now. With plugins, mods, ect. I haven't booted up a vanilla world in about 8-9 months.

In an attempt to make my musings not be super off-topic, just look at this craziness. http://westeroscraft.com/ (This blew my mind)
(It technically is modded...) (But seriously, no more off-topic posting for me here)

I feel like Minecraft is a game engine in the same way Valve's source engine is, except in a lot of ways, what the community has done with minecraft is even more ludicrous and amazing than anything that came out of a source mod.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, and today it's @Dyonovan with Thaumcraft Node Tracker
Dyonovan said:
Thaumcraft Node Tracker 1.1.1
  • Reworked how node types are shown. They are now a tooltip over 'Type' Field
  • Added Localizations. I would love for people add different languages. Let me know if I missed any fields
  • Tighted screen up so the Mark and Del buttons are not right on screen edge for default resolution

and @X_Simeon with Matter Overdrive
X_Simeon said:
Matter Overdrive 0.3.1
  • 1.7 Java crash fix
  • Added Weapon Station Holograms
  • Weapon-Station-Hologram.png

and @insaneau with Ex Nihilo
insaneau said:
Ex Nihilo 1.38-39
CHANGE:
  • Barrel recipes are now 100% more modular and useful.
  • Crooks can now get lilypads again (configurable).
  • Barrels now "hold" the mob if there's no place for them to spawn.
FIX:
  • Barrels should crash less (hopefully).

and @BlayTheNinth with EiraMoticons
BlayTheNinth said:
EiraMoticons 0.1.29
  • Add IG config GUI (Main Menu -> Mods -> EiraMoticons -> Config)
  • Add betterKappas tweak option (turns all Kappas into KappaHDs)
  • Add /emoticons reload command (reloads config and emoticons)
  • Add localization support
  • Move Twitch Turbo emotes into it's own config option
  • Rename enableEiraIRCEmotes config option to enableIRCEmotes
  • Fix crash on interaction with some mods
  • API Changes:
  • Add ReloadEmoticons API event
  • Add package.info to API
  • Document the API
  • Improve tooltip methods
  • Rename get/setIdentifier to get/setLoadData

and @thevidaj with TFCRailcraft
thevidaj said:
Currently implemented:
0.1:
Coke oven craftable from fire bricks and TFC sand. Makes charcoal from logs. 1 log = 1 charcoal. I'll see if I can get railcraft to eat several items to make 2 logs = 1 charcoal, but it will need changes in Railcraft, making it a low priority at the moment.
Wooden Creosote Bucket!
Wooden ties are made from sealing lumber in barrel
All railcraft steel tools have their crafting recipes removed.
Railcraft plates are oredicted to the same as TFC plates.
Tanks are craftable from TFC iron and steel plates.

How do people want to play with Railcraft withing the TFC world? What should be craftable in the crafting grid and what should be made with the anvil? How should the recipes look? All input is appreciated :)

Modpack permission: granted

and @Funwayguy with InfiniteInvo
Funwayguy said:
16146328299_06b81cfa15_o.png

Description:
Sometimes you need just that little more inventory space when your down in the depths of your mines, or maybe even while venturing to new horizons in Minecraft. Either way this mod will give you all the extra space you could ever need and then some. This mod allows you to increase the size of the players inventory as much as you like until either Java runs out of memory or you hit the integer limit of ~2.14 BILLION. If you really want to you can even use the mod in reverse and shrink the players inventory or remove it all together! There is even options that allow one to earn their new slots with customizable amounts of XP levels.

Pictures:

15712696033_1a6cf0ab75_o.png

16146724937_f5fc4e6f08_o.png

Notes:

This mod was originally created for the Sky Factory 2 modpack and the achievements are references to that. The ITweaks patch option is there in the event Space+Click causes a crash when moving items between the player's inventory and chests.

Sangar

Jul 29, 2019
OpenComputers 1.5.12 is out. Another bugfix release.

As always, remember to make a backup of your world before updating.

• Added: Creative tier APU.
  • Changed: Added geolyzer and navigation upgrade to creative tablet.
  • Fixed: Client crash when placing server racks at y-level 0/255.
  • Fixed: Hover upgrades being installable in devices where they made no sense.
  • Fixed: Persistence issue with AE2 craftables (gotten via controller/interface next to adapter).
  • Fixed: Robots can now properly start other robots by sneak-using them (as long as their owner is allowed to).
  • Fixed: Warning in assembler about missing GPU if APU was present.

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
This mod isn't necessarily new, but I been playing with it lately and I am surprised no one has talked about it, like at all. I wouldn't include this in a conventional pack, but I still recommend checking it out.
Keep in mind, that I had nothing to do with development. I am just posting it here. It needs some more love <3

If you are into Kantai Collection, you might get a kick out of this ^^
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/228395-shincolle
The ShinColle mod adds "SeiKan" mobs.
These seikans are made of four materials from abyssal vent, and they can attack other
hostile mobs with cannon, torpedo or airplane.

Features:
1. Friendly seikans and hostile mobs
2. Ship equipments
3. Leveling system

Seikan / Ship Girls:
1. Destroyer : I-Class, Ro-Class, Ha-Class, Ni-Class, Shimakaze
2. Heavy Cruiser : Ri-Class
3. Carrier : Wo-Class
4. Battleship : Re-Class, Ta-Class, Nagato
5. Submarine : U511, Ro500
6. Battleship Princess, Airfield Princess

The strength and build cost is based on industry mods and Infernal Mobs mod.
It's recommended playing with Infernal Mobs, Buildcraft or other industry mods.

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
/me sees that its coop only, goes home and cries alone.
Anywhoo, on to more 'news'
Magnanimous Tools 1.7.10-0.1.6 is released here
Planks
Stairs
OreDictionary entries - log, stick, planks, stairs

upcoming - splitting off the experience buffs and adding them as support for a standalone implementation (coming soon)
This in itself isn't all that cool, what I've been working on in the background is neater ;)

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
I have nothing to do with development. I don't even know the modder. I just thought it was a cool mod that need some attention. I guess in a sense that isn't news, but I didn't know we're else to put a post like that since it isn't my mod. I guess in a sense it is a shameless plug ^^"

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I have nothing to do with development. I don't even know the modder. I just thought it was a cool mod that need some attention. I guess in a sense that isn't news, but I didn't know we're else to put a post like that since it isn't my mod. I guess in a sense it is a shameless plug ^^"

Pretty sure that picture was in response to the spoiler immediately after it, not your post.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
and @FireBall1725 with AE2 EE3 EMC Add-On
fireball1725 said:
This simple mod adds EMC values to all AE2 Items

Requires any rv2 version
Requires EE3 version 0.3.507 or higher

Permissions for mod packs granted

and @BlayTheNinth with EiraMoticons
BlayTheNinth said:
EiraMoticons 0.1.36
  • Add Default Emoticon Pack
  • Add Animu Emoticon Pack
  • Add User Emoticon Pack (user submitted emotes from here)
  • Add categories to the config UI to make it more clean and easier to deal with.
  • Add .jpeg to the list of allowed file extensions for custom emotes.
  • Fix tooltips showing up even when not really hovering on an emoticon.

and @Lycanite with Lycanites Mobs
Lycanite said:
Lycanites Mobs 1.11.0.1
New Features:
  • The rare Umber Lobber subspecies has been added. It is gigantic in size a will constantly hurl balls of lava around randomly as well as melt certain nearby blocks into lava.
Config Changes:
  • Changes have been made to fix the spawning of various Shadow Mobs, because of this, the config will automatically reset, to avoid this change the version number value in lycanitesmobs-version.cfg. It is then recommend to delete the shadowmobs-spawning.cfg config so that a fresh copy is generated with the fixed spawn settings.
Changes:
  • The Familiar GUI now has a health/respawn bar that shows for the selected familiar.
  • Improved the Barghest model.
Minor Fixes:
  • Fixed a bug with familiars where changing worlds in single player would cause familiars to vanish completely until game restart. Deactivating and reactivating a familiar should fix this now if it happens.
  • Grues should now show naturally underground amongst Chupacabras and Shades. Most Shadow Mobs will no also naturally spawn in The End too! Beware!
  • Mounted entities should no longer take suffocation damage, though the sound and animation will still play.
  • Invisible entities can no longer be set as an attack target unless the attacking entity has Night Vision.

and @ganymedes01 with Another One Bites the Dust: Berry Bushes
ganymedes01 said:
Another One Bites the Dust: Berry Bushes 1.0.3
  • Added config option to allow bush to prick players that touch them (off by default)
  • Fix broken recipes
  • Added dimension white/black listing on a per ore basis
  • Added integration with MFR: Harvesters will harvest berries!