[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
Lots of mobs will spawn, be careful :D

was just increased and a bit hectic, I thought it would do something special like make the night last longer, make mobs hit harder or have more health, mobs have chance to weild enchanted weapons etc. wasn't sure how bad it was

Reactions: Pudding01

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
I just had a heart attach, running around researching nodes and collecting vis for my wands, then all of a sudden "the blood moon is rising" already?! I thought, so I turned around and started running home, about 6 blocks away I just fell, looked down, I got trapped in quicksand?! you can not make this up, I just lived through a real horror movie. The worst part, I had a recall stone on me, but I was panicking too much to think straight and forgot all about it.

This modpack surely is fun.

Last edited:

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
o.o i think deconstruction table for thaumcraft is on the first table on the right side of the mastery icon but i could be wrong or are you talking about the Ars Magica 2 one which requires dark essence to run?

Also Blood moons not only increase mob spawns but with this pack you gotta remember the chance of rarer OP infernals because of those increase spawns so make a hidey hole or something until daylight.

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Interdiction torches looted in dungeon chest are awesome to help raiding dungeon.

But yesterday I fought a Battle tower golem...

4 block tall, 2500 HP but he is an infernal mob! My level 16 mage (ars magica) is installed killed!

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
o.o i think deconstruction table for thaumcraft is on the first table on the right side of the mastery icon but i could be wrong or are you talking about the Ars Magica 2 one which requires dark essence to run?

Also Blood moons not only increase mob spawns but with this pack you gotta remember the chance of rarer OP infernals because of those increase spawns so make a hidey hole or something until daylight.

I am making my way through thaumcraft pretty rapidly now, I have made the alchemical furnace but i am waiting for my silver wood tree to grow in order to make the alembic's first, i keep having to overflow the crucible since I cant find a decent 'purple magic wand' essence I am using shards or greatwood logs, hopefully the furnace can help me with some phials to help, is there a way to safely take out extra essence that is inside the caldron or insert single essence less then 8 at a time?

ps: I think gold spawning is broken, I am seeing as much as I normally would in normal world, about 1.5x more then I am getting of iron, 2-3x more at diamond level. unsure if gold is not reduced properly or my world is gold lucky.

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
I am making my way through thaumcraft pretty rapidly now, I have made the alchemical furnace but i am waiting for my silver wood tree to grow in order to make the alembic's first, i keep having to overflow the crucible since I cant find a decent 'purple magic wand' essence I am using shards or greatwood logs, hopefully the furnace can help me with some phials to help, is there a way to safely take out extra essence that is inside the caldron or insert single essence less then 8 at a time?
My friend wich playing thaumcraft on my server (I play ars magica) empty is cauldron by sneak + right click it with is wand (there is gaseous flux but we are in tainted biome afterall).

The thaumatorium can use precise amount of essence but you must research automated alchemy and essentia distilation first, warded jar are a prerequise too.

Someone know if the Nether is ridiculously dangerous in this modpack ? I'm stuck in Ars Magica as I need netherhack, glowstone and nether quartz to progress.

BigManVegas

Jul 29, 2019

ps: I think gold spawning is broken, I am seeing as much as I normally would in normal world, about 1.5x more then I am getting of iron, 2-3x more at diamond level. unsure if gold is not reduced properly or my world is gold lucky.
Gold is very common I've found. Once you get your silver wood and alembics try to shoot for the automated alembic research and set it to transmutate to iron if you need more iron(I did). Scan all your items and calculate what aspects you need before hand to prevent overflow. Other than the automated alembic there isn't a real good way to get single aspects other than crystalizing items.

BigManVegas

Jul 29, 2019
My friend wich playing thaumcraft on my server (I play ars magica) empty is cauldron by sneak + right click it with is wand (there is gaseous flux but we are in tainted biome afterall).

The thaumatorium can use precise amount of essence but you must research automated alchemy and essentia distilation first, warded jar are a prerequise too.

Someone know if the Nether is ridiculously dangerous in this modpack ? I'm stuck in Ars Magica as I need netherhack, glowstone and nether quartz to progress.
Yes the nether is hell literally. Ores explode pigmen are mean(especially vampire pigmen), hell hounds, and other nasties. Go prepared.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019

I have been and found it easier then the hard dungeons in this pack, pigmen are only agressive if you mine the nether ores, (nether quartz does NOT aggravate them), the most dangerous things in there for me were the wisps zapping me off of my glowstone pillars, so it's worse then normal, but not entirely hard.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
What is the best thing to get ordo? I am currently using chizled stone blocks but that is 4 stone per 1 ordo and is annoying smelting so much

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
I have been and found it easier then the hard dungeons in this pack, pigmen are only agressive if you mine the nether ores, (nether quartz does NOT aggravate them), the most dangerous things in there for me were the wisps zapping me off of my glowstone pillars, so it's worse then normal, but not entirely hard.

There are actually some pigmen that are aggresive. On one of my trips (hadn't mined anything yet) a hungry pigmen attacked me out of the blue. Gave me quite a scare :)

piter50

Jul 29, 2019

There is also the other moon event which I think happens on a new moon rather than a full moon? I was getting struck by lightning frequently and I think at one point for some reason I drowned on dry land.

Reactions: ECDubbleyew

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting a worldgen crash in 1.2.2 whenever I go near certain chunks.

New account here, so link may not be visible right away:
http://pastebin.com/7aH83E7S

I googled around and it seems like this is probably due to one of the dungeon mods. I wasn't getting these crashes in 1.2.0, but maybe I was just lucky.