[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
The dryad spawn rate is as low as it gets and the fifth time this has been answered.

I am still trying to decide what to do with them, they are needed for the nature guardian but are causing performance issues. I may just disable the dryad spawns and add a way to create the nature guardian otherwise

Daniel Bennett

Jul 29, 2019
I just started using agricraft for sugarcane since I need a tone of paper. I noticed that stats weren't increasing when they move crops, so I looked in the configs. I don't know if it's on purpose or not, but it was set to false for increasing stats.
use pams harvestcaft presser to make paper

Daniel Bennett

Jul 29, 2019
The dryad spawn rate is as low as it gets and the fifth time this has been answered.

I am still trying to decide what to do with them, they are needed for the nature guardian but are causing performance issues. I may just disable the dryad spawns and add a way to create the nature guardian otherwise
you could remove them from spawning and add 5 eggs to a repeatable quest, that's probably the best thing for everyone

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
I like Daniel's idea of just getting a spawn egg or so with them and spawning them in yourself make life a whole lot easier.

Mount

Jul 29, 2019
Have a way to get pam harvestcraft fruits?
Nothing I have found, yet. Bonemeal on grass *usually* has a chance to make saplings, but that has apparently been disabled. And I've not found any fruit trees in the Twilight realm, either. The lists for Mutandis and Extremis both
do not appear to have fruit tree saplings, either.

There are ways to change the biome for the area you're in, possibly one of those may have a chance to spawn fruiting trees? Or villager trading, IIRC Pam's does add a villager.

A suggestion, DrasticDemise: Would it be possible to make the Pam's fruits available as low-end dungeon loot, so we can generate fruit trees other than apple? We'd still have to work our way up the magic tree (heh!) to get non-oak saplings for the more exotic fruits, but being able to bring back different species of tree would fit in nicely with the theme of reversing the taint/repairing the world.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing I have found, yet. Bonemeal on grass *usually* has a chance to make saplings, but that has apparently been disabled. And I've not found any fruit trees in the Twilight realm, either. The lists for Mutandis and Extremis both

There are ways to change the biome for the area you're in, possibly one of those may have a chance to spawn fruiting trees? Or villager trading, IIRC Pam's does add a villager.

A suggestion, DrasticDemise: Would it be possible to make the Pam's fruits available as low-end dungeon loot, so we can generate fruit trees other than apple? We'd still have to work our way up the magic tree (heh!) to get non-oak saplings for the more exotic fruits, but being able to bring back different species of tree would fit in nicely with the theme of reversing the taint/repairing the world.
I can do something like that.

Arashisr

Jul 29, 2019
You can make the Market in Pam's harvestcraft it is a block that sells all seeds and trees for emeralds, you can also buy spawn eggs for horses, cows, chickens and sheep. Alternately you can go into the pam's harvestcraft config and turn on spawning of trees and gardens in the twilight forest. If you do also turn on the Beehives for honey & wax.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
you could remove them from spawning and add 5 eggs to a repeatable quest, that's probably the best thing for everyone
I like Daniel's idea of just getting a spawn egg or so with them and spawning them in yourself make life a whole lot easier.

Drylad temples with drylad spawner in them

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019

I have seen villagers selling Harvestcraft saplings but I don't recall if they were specifically fruit trees or not.

Perhaps having some Botania mana pool recipes to cycle through all the fruit saplings, starting from apple sapling by tossing an apple in the mana pool? That seems fitting.

On the note of food, the Cooler doesn't play nice with Hunger Overhaul (I have no idea how the thing works to be honest, it seems to completely refill hunger + saturation from a single steak). Perhaps remove either the cooler or hunger overhaul. I prefer hunger overhaul though.

Reactions: BaileyH

Arashisr

Jul 29, 2019
Drylad temples with drylad spawner in them

Here is a ruins file for a Dryad Spawner using bits of the magic mods in the pack. Rename it from txt to tml and add it to the templateparser folder to get it to work.
Dryad Temple.jpg

Attachments

• Dryadspawn.txt
    5 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: goreae and BaileyH

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps replace the mana quartz with lavender or burnt quartz, and the living rock with arcane blocks? (Not sure if they can be staired)

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
rNjdeyN.jpg

50% chance of a drylad spawner, 30% chance Phantom Knight spawner comes along with it....

Goes along the theme... A small patch of the wild tries to hold out against the taint....

#potential removal of access to twilight forest.... Boss mob intergration into overworld

What2eat

Jul 29, 2019
About the Twilight Forest and how to balance it and keep it useful.
I have no idea how much you are able to alter, Drastic, but I'm just going to pop some ideas hopefully to inspire you.

In my opinion flight should be pretty end game content used for killing the dragon, exploring the End and for plain convenience in moving around.
So to obtain flight, from any mod, one would need an item that is only dropped by the ur-ghast. It is used in the recipe to create said flight item or spell and has a 100 percent drop chance.
Reasoning: the Ur-ghast difficulty decreases the most with flight imo. It will prevent players from flying up the tower and killing it with no effort because the ghast can't damage players when they're flying. And because of the progression in the Forest it makes sure people can't use flight at the naga, lich, minoshroom, hydra and knight phantom. Most of them don't suffer that hard from flight, but the lich and the hydra do.

I haven't played much with the yeti and the snow queen but I think the snow queen has the same problem as the ur ghast. Maybe make the snow queen drop said item. You can do it with every notable piece of equipment one can get.
Like a fiery blood to create a soul forge for bound armour, this even makes a bit of sense since its blood magic and one would need extreme powerful blood for such a powerful set of armour.

The real challenge is to keep players in the overworld for a bit and allow them to build a base in the safe Twilight once they at least have beaten most of the bosses. You don't want people to find a twilight portal early game and cheese through the early stages of the pack.

Also, please don't ever remove the Twilight Forest. It has got the best trees of all available mods and generally a magic-esque feeling to it, even more than a magical forest from thaumcraft...

Arashisr

Jul 29, 2019
No worries Here is a new version Darker with mostly chisel 2 blocks there is a tainted tree there but it can be removed easy enough. There are a lack of dark type stairs that can be used.
Dark Spawner.jpg
dded a magic wall as a bit of a trap to keep them from wandering.

Attachments

• Dryadspawner2.txt
    4.2 KB · Views: 81

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
rNjdeyN.jpg

50% chance of a drylad spawner, 30% chance Phantom Knight spawner comes along with it....

Goes along the theme... A small patch of the wild tries to hold out against the taint....

#potential removal of access to twilight forest.... Boss mob intergration into overworld
I'd support that. I don't like the twilight forest being accessible at all. Sort of defeats the purpose of a tainted world if there's another world with absolutely no taint you can just abscond to.

Reactions: karmarcharger

Yishai

Jul 29, 2019
Can`t you make the taint spread into the portal so it will corrupt the twilight forest too?
Maybe spawn in tainted blocks around the portal if that is somehow possible.

Probably not without a lot of effort(or at all) but it would make a nice effect.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Can`t you make the taint spread into the portal so it will corrupt the twilight forest too?
Maybe spawn in tainted blocks around the portal if that is somehow possible.

Probably not without a lot of effort(or at all) but it would make a nice effect.
Not the best way since taint dies when its not in tainted biomes... and should the taint spread, spreading to so many blocks with so many taint blocks may kill your client.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
And heres the link for the ruin...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwBj-5MfhNG_Y3loRE1LZ2RTUmM/view?usp=sharing

Features...
- 25% chance of a drylad spawner
- 25% chance of a tainted creeper spawner
- 50% chance of the spawners above to be a dirt blocks
- 15% chance of the Twilight boss Knight Phantom (Aka protector of the wild?)
- 15% chance of a crusted taint block in place of the boss spawner.
- 70% chance of dirt replacing the boss spawner/crustedtaint
- ruins spawn 100 blocks away from each other minimum

Reactions: TerraSleet