What's new in modded minecraft today?

Ryanasaurus

Jul 29, 2019
Off Topic:
So remove the modules that add machines. My vision for BuildCraft is an ecosystem, but we give modules so that you can mix and match them with other mods if you wish.

Also, I'm not making Yet Another Powered Furnace.
Do you take suggestions? I might have a few that I could give

On Topic:
A new mod from gjgfuj, Open Automation. Thought some of it looked neat
OpenAutomation deals with two things, adding automatable features to other mods, and doing other sorts of Automation. "Automate all the things."

Youtube video from me:

Modules of OA:
OC:
The original module. Requires OpenComputers to exist, in order to function.
We have one feature still that's in the OC module. The Power Out-Converter. This block converts OC energy, to RF, sending it out to wherever you wish.
There is also a feature from the lasers in the OC module. The Computer Data Laser
It has one method:
component.laser.sendDataLaser(sides., message)
When received it sends a signal with the signature:
"laser_message", address_of_component_received_on, message

It can be sent into any component in the network /except/ the actual computer block.

TConstruct:
While playing with Tinker's Construct, I found out that the smeltery was kinda big and bulky to run. As such, I introduce to you, the Micro Smeltery. This is a single block with the ability to melt any item that the smeltery can, faster, and using RF power. As such, it is capable of being pretty useful in your automation endeavors.

Laser:
The newest feature. Don't you want to transport your power along a long distance, but don't feel like using a Tesseract? Introducing, the invisible lasers of longdistanceness! These lasers can travel a long way, up to 400 blocks in any direction in fact! They'll only go where there is air blocks however.

Now featuring, Visibility! If you have Computronics installed, the lasers are VISIBLE, whoa, you can't even get this anywhere else.

There are 2 types of lasers:
Energy Laser Emitter - Send RF power into any side of the block, and it'll emit a laser out the other side!
Energy Laser Emitter (Energisable) - Allows energy in the laser to be energised once every 100 pulses. (5 seconds)
Laser Energiser (Solids) - Energises energisable lasers that pass through it. Requires items to be piped into it.
Human Laser Emitter - Requires RF Power. Right click on any side of the block, it emits a laser out the other side and teleports you all the way to the receptor on the other end! Sends a ping every 5 seconds out every direction, this can be turned off by shift-right clicking.
Mirror (Laser) - Right click to set the two sides that it'll reflect lasers. It reflects at a right angle.
Double Mirror (Laser) - Right click to set the input side, and rotate what two output sides there are.
Laser Receptor - When it receives any lasers, it will output the things that were transferred out the opposite side.

Requires Awesome Sauce Core.

The latest version is available on drone.io: here

Or download the stable version from CurseForge.

squeak502/ChrisLane updated Squeedometer to 1.8 (1.8-1.0.3)
Added a version for Minecraft 1.8 courtesy of @ChrisLane (see #3)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, and today it's @UntouchedWagons with More Boiler Options
UntouchedWagons said:
Railcraft's boilers are awesome, but sometimes you can't get the right sized boiler you need.So this mod lets you add custom sizes to Railcraft's boilers.

This has been tested with Railcraft 9.5.0.0 but it should work with older versions. Custom sizes are set via the mod's config file. By default, 1x2x1, 1x3x1, 1x4x1 and 2x4x2 are added as custom sizes.

The source code for this can be found on my GitHub account.

and @cout970 with Magneticraft
cout970 said:
Magneticraft 0.0.5
  • Added brick furnace
  • Added crafter
  • Updated api
  • Fixed a lot of bugs
  • A lot of features stil in development but as soon I have more time I will work on that.

and @TyronX with Butterfly Mania
TyronX said:
Butterfly Mania 1.3
  • 4 new HD Graphics (African Mapwing, Grapevine epimenis, Eastern tiger swallowtail, orange tipped angle sulfur)
  • Encyclopedia now displays wing span
  • Serveral minor fixes in the encyclopedia
  • Corrected many cut off butterfly descriptions
  • Misplaced 'Â' in certain texts
  • Corrected some block names tile.dirt.name => Dirt, tile.air.name => Air, tile.woodSlab.name => Wooden Slabs
  • No more overlapping texts @ Blushing Phantom, Eastern Tiger Swallowtail, Fallen Bark Looper, Jutta Arctic
  • Corrected icons for escape rates to match these in the legend

and @OreCruncher with Thermal Recycling
OreCruncher said:
Thermal Recycling 0.1.0
CHANGES:
  • Bumped version to v0.1.x
  • Added missing vanilla recipes for pressure plates, saddle, fish, buckets, wooden door and trap door
  • Recipes will be output to the Forge log during startup for reference
NEW MOD SUPPORT:
  • Thermal Dynamics
  • Thaumcraft
  • BuildCraft
  • MineFactory Reloaded

and @X_Simeon with Matter Overdrive
X_Simeon said:
MatterOverdriveLogo.png

Matter Overdrive Website

Matter Overdrive is a Minecraft mod, inspired by the popular Sci-fi TV series Star Trek. It dwells in the concept of replicating and transforming one type matter into another.

The Mod, features:
  • A Modular Weapon System
  • Replicators, with Item Pattern replication.
  • Decomposing of Items into Matter Plasma

Although, it may seem overpowered, Matter Overdrive takes a more realistic approach and requires the player to build up to a complex system, before even the simplest replication can be achieved.

557f0c21bb346db89bf92ae0cea81ea8.png

Item List | Block List | Getting Started

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
The beauty of BuildCraft is that it had a big ecosystem of mods working with it. Nowadays, that's dead, so we're trying to make up - and instead become an ecosystem of our own.

Assuming you're only playing with BuildCraft, which more and more people are, furnaces which take power are pretty useful. And it's time to do a fresh take on these anyway.

(No, we're not adding ore processing. Don't even try to ask.)

(And yes - laser furnaces were planned before I took up development. Much before, in fact.)

Perhaps reaching out is better than pulling in. Work on making it usefull for other mods instead of hoping other mods will make them selves useful to buildcraft.
Example: What if that laser powered smelter was an extension of Tcons that would be interesting. A powered way to make tcon tools. Just remember to include a way to prevent alloys from forming.

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
Perhaps reaching out is better than pulling in. Work on making it usefull for other mods instead of hoping other mods will make them selves useful to buildcraft.
Example: What if that laser powered smelter was an extension of Tcons that would be interesting. A powered way to make tcon tools. Just remember to include a way to prevent alloys from forming.

We provide the APIs. I have enough work to do working on BuildCraft on my own (plus hea3ven), and I am a very "m-muh vision!" person myself. I want to create a tightly integrated experience, not a bunch of patchjob adapters.

I reach out to help with BC integration sometimes, but I am not going to force features on other mods as part of BC, that would be unfair.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Is that a phaser?
For the love of bob please let there be an appropriate effect attached to that. If it's just a generic re-skinning an arrow to look like a red rectangle I will cry.

I hope so, from what I can see, the mod looks really awesome

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The infamous Iskan has a new HQM modpack! Atonement!
I'm very excited about any pack that Iskandar assembles :)

Buuuuuut....I'm a bit concerned about this thread becoming a place to announce modpacks, especially third-party packs. There's hundreds of them, and if a precedent is set, they'll all announce their new releases here.

Not asking/suggesting/etc that we don't do it, just saying I'm worried :)

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

Buuuuuut....I'm a bit concerned about this thread becoming a place to announce modpacks, especially third-party packs. There's hundreds of them, and if a precedent is set, they'll all announce their new releases here.

Ah, that was brought up the first time it happened. And we still have the same two options. Keep all the new stuff here one one place for easy access or split things off into there own threads for ease of sorting.
The down side of the first is that when the thread gets busy it can be hard to find what is important.
The down side of the second is that distributed info can make it hard to find what is important.
One is only an occasional problem the other a perpetual problem. And with the new post alert system being kinda hit or miss (as in of you don't look at all the alerts every time it won't add new alerts from the section you did not check) the current system is probably the best.

Last edited:

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.

I don't see any difference between this thread being used to announce FTB packs, 3rd party packs from an MC celebrity or 3rd party from your average joe. Modded news is modded news, and as long as someone isn't hijacking this thread to build their own hype train I can't see anything inherently wrong with doing so.

If it starts becoming a precedent; we could look at a side rule of 'pack owners and devs cannot post their own release as news'

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com

The same thing could be said about mods, though. There are hundreds of them (193 pages on CurseForge alone) and quite a few get their updates announced here. I don't see a problem with having packs announced here as well. It is "What's new in modded minecraft today?", not "What's new in minecraft mods today?"

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, and today it's @Winter_Grave with World Preset Manager
Winter_Grave said:
World Preset Manager 1.1.4 & 1.1.5
  • Added full compatibility with YUNoMakeGoodMap, it can be safely used with Sky Factory 2 modpack and have custom presets on the config file.
  • This update lets you get multiple biomes in a superflat preset by setting the biome to -1 in the config.

and @Kobata with Inventory Tweaks
Kobata said:
Inventory Tweaks 1.60-dev-13
  • Add method for syncronizing to acutal inventory. Kobata
  • Make config version update after load. Kobata
  • Setup the new config value correctly. Kobata
  • Start setup for ability to use a virtual container for sorting. Kobata
  • Reorganize container managers for 'indirect' option. Kobata
  • Update forge version. Kobata
  • Move container management classes to new package. Kobata
  • Rename containers package to container. Kobata
  • Add deobf jar to upload. Kobata

and @IFDevelopment with BeamExtended Chat
IFDevelopment said:
BeamExtended Chat 0.6.2
  • better emote support
  • fixed chat connection drops
  • now auto-reconnects
  • /me events now visible
  • /giveaway events now visible

and @jakimfett with Werkbench
jakimfett said:
Werkbench 1.2
Werkbench v1.2 adds vanilla furnace integration.

This is a beta release, there are still some visual glitches with the GUI, specifically the progress bar doesn't update.

Aside from that, this should be ready to go. I'd appreciate any input you might have on usability, and as always, if you run into any bugs, please report them on the issue tracker.

Note: version 1.1 was a test version, and due to the extreme instability of the concept, I decided to remove the code and move on to other features.

Changelog:
  • Fix whitespace — jakimfett
  • Fix incrementing coordinate bug — jakimfett
  • Refactor to use parameter based sides — jakimfett
  • SpatialHelper refactor — jakimfett
  • Remove unused lines — jakimfett
  • Set gui x/y offsets for types — jakimfett
  • Adjust enum usage — jakimfett
  • Add base offset to get coordinate method — jakimfett
  • Add rough generalized slot binding — jakimfett
  • Add enum for relative side — jakimfett
  • Refactor to use RelativeBenchSide — jakimfett
  • Merge conflicts from master — jakimfett
  • Add netbeans dist folder — jakimfett
  • Generalizing getters — jakimfett
  • More generalization — jakimfett
  • Remove todo — jakimfett
  • Bump version number — jakimfett
  • Move bench update check to container — jakimfett
  • Add checks for lit furnace — jakimfett
  • Add slightly better furnace graphic — jakimfett
  • Draw lit/unlit furnace based on blocktype — jakimfett
  • Fix slot positions for new background — jakimfett
  • Add left side furnace support — jakimfett
  • Add localization for config text — jakimfett
  • Randomize side checks between 0-100 ticks — jakimfett
  • Localizations for config descriptions — jakimfett
  • Make max update tick count configureable — jakimfett
  • Rename block side map — jakimfett
  • Refactoring for clarificiation — jakimfett
  • Rough first stab at furnace integration — jakimfett
  • Refactor side checks to use enums — jakimfett
  • Split craftGrid binding into methods — jakimfett
  • Fix method naming — jakimfett
  • Add @Mod stuffs — jakimfett
  • Stripping out prototype code, version 1.1 will not be released — jakimfett
  • Add a bit of info, links, images — jakimfett
  • Remove excessive packet sending — jakimfett
  • Add moar syncing — jakimfett
  • Remove unnecessary variables and objects — jakimfett
  • User proper FML instance for serverside — jakimfett
  • Send packet to server on increment — jakimfett
  • Start counting at 0 — jakimfett
  • Attempt to add update message — jakimfett
  • Add packet handler — jakimfett
  • Increment version number for **REDACTED** — jakimfett
  • Start work towards **REDACTED** — jakimfett
  • Add int for **REDACTED** count — jakimfett
  • Fix loading and saving craftgrid — jakimfett
  • byebye @Chicken-Bones — hilburn
  • Drop Items on break — hilburn
  • Remove CCC/CCL/NEI from configs — jakimfett
  • Create ru_RU.lang — verybigbro
  • Add todo, re-order methods — jakimfett
  • Add crafting recipe — jakimfett
  • Add block name — jakimfett
  • Add per-rendertype scaling — jakimfett

and @Dyonovan with Thaumcraft Node Tracker
Dyonovan said:
Thaumcraft Node Tracker 1.1.0
  • Deleting a node no longer closes the Gui
  • Changed sort order when sorting by type
  • Added Last Scanned Field when hovering over Distance
  • Added Second Arrow option
  • Added Config Screen
  • Arrow can now be moved (Either by buttons or click and drag with mouse) Thanks to Lunatrius for this
  • Arrow can be scaled

and @Keridos with FloodLights
Keridos said:
FloodLights 0.4.0-54
  • added Version Checker Support
  • added WAILA Support
  • added NEI Integration (currently only blacklists the phantom light so it is not shown in NEI)
  • changed carbon floodlight so you can use any fuel in it
  • changed default cone floodlight range to 24
  • fixing a serious bug where floodlights could render invisible when no blocks were near them
  • fixing a serious bug where carbon floodlights would eat any non fuel block put into them
  • P.S: The smaller lamp will be implemented at a later date.

and @defeatedcrow with AppleMilkTea2
defeatedcrow said:
AppleMilkTea2 2.5a
  • Add opaque chalcedony lamps.
  • Add particle board. It's the vartival half slab made from wooden dusts.
  • Add some recipes to another mod machines.
  • Some Bugfixes.
  • It can not still work on 1351+...

Sangar

Jul 29, 2019
OpenComputers 1.5.8 is out now! Lots of bugfixes, very much recommended.

As always, remember to make a backup of your world before updating.
  • Added: Emitting particle effects from robots when they try to move but fail. Added small timeout to avoid particle spam, so using detect instead of just trying to move may be more efficient, now.
  • Added: Peaceful-friendly recipe file (thanks dgelessus).
  • Added: Russian translation for manual (thanks a lot cyber01).
  • Changed: Allow redrawing holograms a tad faster, added method for setting raw data for fast full data swaps.
  • Fixed: A few issues with drones moving through portals, in particular they won't power down after moving through one, anymore.
  • Fixed: Absolute paths in manual (noticeable in the links from the German index to the English one not working).
  • Fixed: OpenOS being listed twice in creative tab/NEI.
  • Fixed: Potential memory leak involving drones.
  • Fixed: Race condition in computers that could lead to them stopping randomly.
  • Fixed: Reduced memory use of timeout enforcing logic in __gc callbacks.
  • Fixed: Standard I/O streams being closable in OpenOS (thanks mpmxyz).
  • Fixed: When using LuaJ fallback, computers were not starting when loaded again, when unloaded while running.
  • Fixed [MC1.8]: Colored text on screens influencing color of other rendered stuff.
  • Fixed [MC1.8]: Piston upgrade.