[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Davs

Jul 29, 2019
Hi!
How do I unlock the Witchery questline after upgrading from 0.6.x to 0.7.x? Holding the items in my hand from page 1 did not work;

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019

Probably just unlucky. Got 5 potato seeds and 2 belladonna before getting a mandrake to grow. Possible that if you got 10/10/10 potato or belladonna seeds, maybe they have a higher chance of spreading themselves than mutating towards a mandrake seed.

You don't mutate them, you get them from the dead grass.

You get belladonna seeds from dead grass, not mandrake seeds. Mandrake seeds are mutated from belladonna seeds x potato seeds.

TheGoldCrayon

Jul 29, 2019
Probably just unlucky. Got 5 potato seeds and 2 belladonna before getting a mandrake to grow. Possible that if you got 10/10/10 potato or belladonna seeds, maybe they have a higher chance of spreading themselves than mutating towards a mandrake seed.

You get belladonna seeds from dead grass, not mandrake seeds. Mandrake seeds are mutated from belladonna seeds x potato seeds.
My bad. I thought I had found them from the grass.

Last edited:
Reactions: tetshio

TheGoldCrayon

Jul 29, 2019
I was looking in the configs for TiCon, and I couldn't find it. I was wondering if anyone would know where I can change it so that when I cut down a tree with the lumber axe, all of the leaves go with it so they're not stuck up in the air for a while.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm presently attempting to do the Crucible Furnace quest, but I've hit a huge snag that I can't seem to get over--I can't seem to get lava. Fire Seeds require things from the Nether, which I can't get to because I need obsidian which needs lava. Is there another way to get lava which I'm completely missing? How can I progress?

TheGoldCrayon

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm presently attempting to do the Crucible Furnace quest, but I've hit a huge snag that I can't seem to get over--I can't seem to get lava. Fire Seeds require things from the Nether, which I can't get to because I need obsidian which needs lava. Is there another way to get lava which I'm completely missing? How can I progress?
Lava spawns naturally above ground, like normal water ponds. Just search until you find some.

Unclecj

Jul 29, 2019
Hey. im having trouble with the quests, i used edit mode to unlock all the quests but no matter what the thaumcraft questline wont go past the cauldron quest, and the botania questline wont unlock the terrasteel or pylon quest. Am i missing something?
i unlocked ALL the quests but they still wont show, please can someone help me?

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Hey. im having trouble with the quests, i used edit mode to unlock all the quests but no matter what the thaumcraft questline wont go past the cauldron quest, and the botania questline wont unlock the terrasteel or pylon quest. Am i missing something?
i unlocked ALL the quests but they still wont show, please can someone help me?
Iron seeds will open up the initial quests, but you're going to need an Arcanist Reputation of 85 before you can get most of the Thaumcraft quests. This can be done by completing Witchery quests in Chapter 10, one of which is also a requirement for opening up many of the Thaumcraft quests. Look out for the Thaumonomicon quest in Chapter 4. You'll also need to possess a gold ingot and any of the basic shards. I believe possessing lapis lazuli and a diamond is required to unlock the Botania quests.

TheGoldCrayon

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know a quick way to get the vanilla saplings? I've found that only the spruce ones will grow in a tall 2x2, but not oak or birch.

reddutton

Jul 29, 2019
Try a different soil type it grows on more than one type and you might get lucky.

will do ...i also tested in a single [lay world ince i am on a server and i wa able to mutte them there with ease so may be somthing wrong with the servers config files guess i will need to file a ticket with the server owner if i am still unable to mutate

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
I think I found out why some people think mariculture fish feeder is buggy. My squid will work during the day because the water is nice and warm but they wont breed at night because the water is too cold. When the water is cold you have to restart them during the day. To fix it you just need to upgrade the feeder with a basic heater or change the biome. Unhappy fish stop working. Fixing their environment will make them happy fish.

Side note anyone know why we have kelp seeds other than to grow kelp (kelp is needed to make the seed) I tried looking but cant find any other answer.

Unclecj

Jul 29, 2019
Iron seeds will open up the initial quests, but you're going to need an Arcanist Reputation of 85 before you can get most of the Thaumcraft quests. This can be done by completing Witchery quests in Chapter 10, one of which is also a requirement for opening up many of the Thaumcraft quests. Look out for the Thaumonomicon quest in Chapter 4. You'll also need to possess a gold ingot and any of the basic shards. I believe possessing lapis lazuli and a diamond is required to unlock the Botania quests.
thanks that helped

TheGoldCrayon

Jul 29, 2019
Sooooooo....... I was trying to get some of the witchery saplings using mutandis. I had a 9x9 patch of grass that I use for bonemealing and then using mutandis. I did it until I got the last saplings I needed, and left the rest of them there. Apparently, one of them was a redwood sapling.
IHVsVvx.png

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Sooooooo....... I was trying to get some of the witchery saplings using mutandis. I had a 9x9 patch of grass that I use for bonemealing and then using mutandis. I did it until I got the last saplings I needed, and left the rest of them there. Apparently, one of them was a redwood sapling.
IHVsVvx.png
I thought those had to be planted in a 7x7 to grow?