[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, since the mutandis thing keeps coming up, why is it the way it is? It just makes it harder to get ANYTHING useful out of mutandis, considering how most of the new plants in its list are pointless. If it's to enable you to get those plants without relying on a quest to say, get an ebxl sapling, why not add repeatable quests or recipes somewhere else to gain entry into that category, so that you can then use an alchemy catalyst to get others in the category? Right now it's just super grindy even compared to other grindy bits of the modpack.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, since the mutandis thing keeps coming up, why is it the way it is? It just makes it harder to get ANYTHING useful out of mutandis, considering how most of the new plants in its list are pointless. If it's to enable you to get those plants without relying on a quest to say, get an ebxl sapling, why not add repeatable quests or recipes somewhere else to gain entry into that category, so that you can then use an alchemy catalyst to get others in the category? Right now it's just super grindy even compared to other grindy bits of the modpack.
What's the issue with mutandis? Mutandis is very easy to produce both ways (using the table or cauldron) and you only need few different flowers from it o.o

JimmyJam

Jul 29, 2019
What's the issue with mutandis? Mutandis is very easy to produce both ways (using the table or cauldron) and you only need few different flowers from it o.o

The problem is that the modpack add 30+ saplings and flowers to the list! Meaning you need stacks and stacks of the stuff to get the plants you need.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is that the modpack add 30+ saplings and flowers to the list! Meaning you need stacks and stacks of the stuff to get the plants you need.
I still don't see an issue, considering how easy it is to make stacks and stacks of the stuff o.o

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
I kinda like the new saplings. Sakura wood for flooring, fir trees for the walls/foundation. Also that hopseed tree, if you want free dirt, plant 1 and it'll grow into 2x2 and it turns anything into dirt for some reason.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
So... does anyone know how to get a dead bush? I've tried scouring the overworld (seems like it should spawn, but i haven't seen one), tried bone meal, then tried a stack of mutandis, still no go.

Any ideas short of cheating one in?
Try looking near water, I've seen several spawn on sand there.

Azulorr

Jul 29, 2019
So signed up to these forums just comment on this pack. Coming into this, I've always considered myself a tech focused user (finished Material Energy 4 before this), getting machines to do everything. But, Regrowth has made plants and magical based mods fun, so I'll definitely be using them more in my future minecraft endeavors.

I've currently got myself a very tiny AE setup, running my base power through a 7x7 fire essence golem harvest field. Fire seeds burn for 250mb of lava in the crucible furnace and I'm using Mekanism Heat Generators (3) for all of my RF needs.

Loving this pack so far, probably going to focus my attention to base aesthetics and completing existing quest lines now. I haven't even touched Fish or Bees yet!

Looking forward to getting rewards for the Forestry, Mekanism and AE quests in the future, setting up that many basic circuits is a pain.

Also, a bug I encountered getting this power set up: Hopper Enhanced Inventories is causing a crash for me. I had a hopperhock, feeding into Hopper Chest, directly on top of a b-space barrel. Didn't realise that you could hopperhock directly into the barrel, which makes my life easier.

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
Is it only me or does it really feel strange that we have to level up witchery to get a thaumcraft table. Whats the point of starting thaumcraft if you havent started witchery? I have loads of magical essence from scanning things around my world that I cant use because I cant get the greatwood sapling without getting my witchery up to a certain point. I dont know witchery at all and its making me not want to level it because I dont know and the quests for it are too vague in what we actually need to do but if I dont level it then I cant do thaumcraft. Why would I need 2 magical mods that I dont really want to level?

Reactions: Xtremekiwi

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Is it only me or does it really feel strange that we have to level up witchery to get a thaumcraft table. Whats the point of starting thaumcraft if you havent started witchery? I have loads of magical essence from scanning things around my world that I cant use because I cant get the greatwood sapling without getting my witchery up to a certain point. I dont know witchery at all and its making me not want to level it because I dont know and the quests for it are too vague in what we actually need to do but if I dont level it then I cant do thaumcraft. Why would I need 2 magical mods that I dont really want to level?
It's called progression. You don't need to complete Witchery to get to Thaumcraft, ya can just go play a non-HQM modpack and jump into TC instantly o.o

JimmyJam

Jul 29, 2019
It is. You're using an item on a plant and you have a thing you want that plant to become, but you don't know how many times you need to use the item to succeed.

I'm not talking about use the stuff I'm talking about making it! That's the grind!

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not talking about use the stuff I'm talking about making it! That's the grind!
What is there to grind? Green dye can be gotten in about 43242 different ways, saplings come from tree farm of any kind, mandrake roots and bonemeal are extremely easy to mass-produce due to AgriCraft

JimmyJam

Jul 29, 2019
What is there to grind? Green dye can be gotten in about 43242 different ways, saplings come from tree farm of any kind, mandrake roots and bonemeal are extremely easy to mass-produce due to AgriCraft

That stuff isn't easy for early game and saplings are a pain in the butt to get a lot of.

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
It's called progression. You don't need to complete Witchery to get to Thaumcraft, ya can just go play a non-HQM modpack and jump into TC instantly o.o
But is it progression when all you want is a table for another mod. There is no other link between the 2 so why introduce the link when it doesnt feel right to link it? I could understand if it was linked to the seeds because you are using nature to link to magic, but magic to magic? whats the point.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
I discovered today that the cardboard box from mechanism will randomly change any node that is inside it when removed. Easy way to fix pale and fading nodes...not to mention one stop wand recharge if you don't mind a little extra work.
Once again I'm reminded that I need to figure out the Cardboard Box blacklist configs...

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
But is it progression when all you want is a table for another mod. There is no other link between the 2 so why introduce the link when it doesnt feel right to link it? I could understand if it was linked to the seeds because you are using nature to link to magic, but magic to magic? whats the point.
Tell me why doesn't the link feel right? Because you don't like witchery?

Heck, instead of ranting about here, just go in your world and do a /give Hitler 251 64 0 and /give Hitler 251 64 1 and you don't need to worry about witchery anymore