[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
it should auto drain the pools once you put your items on the plate..it dosnt do that?

Yeah, I decided to try it after I posted. I have never gotten this far into the mod, and know very little about sparks, etc. I didn't know if I need to add anything to the sparks.

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
Been working on power. Haven't manage to pull pressurized water out of a sluice, so dumped that idea for passive generation. Finally got a Mekanism energy cell made and tested that with a flux field and it works very nicely. I can connect the cell output to my grid and I should be good to go. Then I can add more cell nodes (with Botania mana feeds) to boost the inputs. Flower power baybee!

Now for a full proof of concept!

It's been a few months during a previous playthrough since I tried using the mariculture generator/turbine/pressurized water system, but I had to use a pump to pick up the pressurized water. I couldn't get it directly out of a sluice. In any case, while I don't remember the exact power output, I just remember the mariculture generator being very low for power output when I had 8 turbines with pressurized water. I'm liking the mana fluxfield way way more.

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I decided to try it after I posted. I have never gotten this far into the mod, and know very little about sparks, etc. I didn't know if I need to add anything to the sparks.
Just an FYI, sparks have a 12 block range and can move mana faster than any of the spreaders. But you will need to have progressed into upgrading your lexicon with the alfheim portal before you can make the spark augments.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
I have yet to actually quantify how much I'll be able to get out of my turnine setup, but I know it is nothing but low, I fill gold knetic pipes with power flow

JimmyJam

Jul 29, 2019
Top tip the more pools you have hooked up the faster is will go. :) Plus it takes half a pool to make one ingot!

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
It's been a few months during a previous playthrough since I tried using the mariculture generator/turbine/pressurized water system, but I had to use a pump to pick up the pressurized water. I couldn't get it directly out of a sluice. In any case, while I don't remember the exact power output, I just remember the mariculture generator being very low for power output when I had 8 turbines with pressurized water. I'm liking the mana fluxfield way way more.

Yeah, I had a turbine working and didn't like it much. I figured I could pump the water with a BC pump, but that was getting pretty kludgy. It really should autoeject from the sluice into a pipe, I mean it's "pressurized!"

I might try a Mekanism pipe later. If those work a bank of water towers and sluices might be worth using.

Still working on this mana-power scheme. I can charge the cells, no problem, just not sure I can get the power into BC pipes so far. May need Mekaism for that too.

I played with BC pipes for years. All this is bringing back nightmares. I don't mind needing gates and filters for some functions, but not crazy about how hard they are to get to work. I don't know if it's because other mod power systems don't try to support them, or if they've just failed to keep up with more recent APIs, but they are aggravating. A wooden fluid pipe on a sluice powered by a wooden engine SHOULD work per BC logic.

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, proof of concept works fine once I figured out I still need an input kinesis pipe to pull from the cube and added an emerald one. Now to tinker with it to optimize.

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
Okay I just found a severe problem with Enderminies killing creepers. I can't find any creepers anymore!

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, ocean base has power finally. Flower power. Two 20 hydroangea stacks, elven mana spreader each aimed at a single fluxfield sitting next to a Mekanism energy cube, then an emerald kinesis pipe pulling from the cube into my power grid (diamond and gold kinesis piping.) The pipes are overkill now, but resources are not a limit so I figured I'd leave room to grow.

Two spreaders to a single fluxfield appears to work fine. I can see energy bumps following the mana pulse from each.

Not sure how much power this puts out yet. It was faster than my single combustion engine temporary setup (burning fuel) when it had only 12 hydros in early tests in powering the three lasers in the screenie. I'm guessing it's equal to four fuel-burning combustions. Nice part is it's hands off now. No fuel worries, cooling worries or fumes, just allergy issues. :)

My ocean base is nearly framed. Have a wet room three levels down with a bubble entrance from the deeps. Putting my oyster farm down there, and a couple fish farms too. The fishfarming area will be on the bottom level just above that. Now that I have power I can get a nursery going and start farming something other than stingrays.

Oh, the current incarnation of the fishing net catches more than just cod, but mostly does catch and release. If you set up some nets, put a hopperhock on the bottom to collect the live fish it drops )or dive down and check occasionally.) The ones on top of the nets will quickly die, but, cod aside, most of them seem to end up on the bottom and alive. Living nightfish, minnows, tetras, damsels, stingrays and cod were turning up in my pack when I was looking for construction drops down in the coral. I was using nets as temporary walkways.

Screenies for those who like to see (as I do!)

The mana intake and connection to the power grid:

ranrLME.png

View of the two hydro stacks from above:

AXHbowv.jpg

And a sea level view of the stacks with the underwater mana intake visible through the water to the lower right:

5IiVgE0.jpg

Cobra1117

Jul 29, 2019
Bug Report

While playing in a LAN game, both the host and the remote player are getting this error:
http://pastebin.com/Y66aTMT1

The error only occurs when looking up recipes. Tested with version 0.7.2 of the pack. (I also tried updating Applied Energistics to the latest beta, but that doesn't seem to solve the problem.)

Jul 29, 2019
As per the FAQ on the first page, this error is because Applied Energistics caches the inscriber recipes, and it doesn't like when they're messed with. As of now, there are two possible fixes. 1) When leaving a world, completely exit the client before relaunching and entering any world. 2) Comment out or delete the inscriber recipes in the MineTweaker scripts.

Cobra1117

Jul 29, 2019
As per the FAQ on the first page, this error is because Applied Energistics caches the inscriber recipes, and it doesn't like when they're messed with. As of now, there are two possible fixes. 1) When leaving a world, completely exit the client before relaunching and entering any world. 2) Comment out or delete the inscriber recipes in the MineTweaker scripts.

Thanks pointing that out (missed it somehow)! For anyone else who has this problem: Doing a clean world load doesn't work with LAN games, so you'll have to modify the MineTweaker scripts.

SneakySquid

Jul 29, 2019
I have this weird problem were hqm quests " Earthly Possessions" and " Let's Try Punching Things" doesn't say incomplete or complete even though when I click on them it says I have already turned in all required items. This happened after I updated to 0.7.1 and I'm in 0.7.2 now. HELP!

I have already tried to reset using the OP edition hqm book.

Attachments

• 2015-03-28_20.27.08.png
    2015-03-28_20.27.08.png
    572.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 2015-03-28_20.27.17.png
    2015-03-28_20.27.17.png
    561.2 KB · Views: 37

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
I have this weird problem were hqm quests " Earthly Possessions" and " Let's Try Punching Things" doesn't say incomplete or complete even though when I click on them it says I have already turned in all required items. This happened after I updated to 0.7.1 and I'm in 0.7.2 now. HELP!

I have already tried to reset using the OP edition hqm book.
have you tried going up the quest chain? ie completing the tools quest that comes before it first and then trying to reset it?