[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Koosemose

Jul 29, 2019
Just started a playthrough of this pack this week, awesome so far. Definitely digging the different than standard modlist for this style of modpack, though I despise Witchery's mandrakes.

I've discovered I love Agricraft, though it's bringing out the collector in me, I can't help but get every new seed I get up to 10/10/10, even if I don't need that much of the plant in question.

If anyone's interested in watching my playthrough, I've got the first two episodes up on YouTube, and new episodes go up every Tuesday and Thursday.
Episode 1

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Just started a playthrough of this pack this week, awesome so far. Definitely digging the different than standard modlist for this style of modpack, though I despise Witchery's mandrakes.

Farm the mandrakes during the night. Or make those earmuffs if you want to kill those buggers at daytime.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Can anybody craft trodden dirt? It's on NEI but the recipe has dirt with itemid 3:1 but there's only dirt (3), unless there's a way to make dirt (3:1).

Koosemose

Jul 29, 2019
Farm the mandrakes during the night. Or make those earmuffs if you want to kill those buggers at daytime.

They don't come out at night? I think I love you... I just wish I had known this before I farmed enough mandrakes to get 10/10/10.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
They don't come out at night? I think I love you... I just wish I had known this before I farmed enough mandrakes to get 10/10/10.

I love you too, no homo :p

Yeah, they don't come out at night. They're sleeping. :D Have a stack waiting to be converted to mutandis or other stuff.

Necro9227

Jul 29, 2019
What research is required to get the Everfull Urn from Thaumic Exploration? I know i could use golems but that's no fun to watch.

Koosemose

Jul 29, 2019
Can anybody craft trodden dirt? It's on NEI but the recipe has dirt with itemid 3:1 but there's only dirt (3), unless there's a way to make dirt (3:1).
dirt 3:1 is the special dirt that becomes coarse dirt in MC 1.8, perhaps the recipe was backported by one of the mods?

Recipe is:
[d][g]
[g][d]

d is regular dirt, g is gravel.

I haven't progressed that far so I don't know for sure... but maybe you'll be lucky and I'm right.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
In 0.7.2 (at least) you can turn dirt into course dirt (3:1) with an alchemy catalyst and mana pool.

Reactions: tetshio

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
dirt 3:1 is the special dirt that becomes coarse dirt in MC 1.8, perhaps the recipe was backported by one of the mods?

Recipe is:
[d][g]
[g][d]

d is regular dirt, g is gravel.

I haven't progressed that far so I don't know for sure... but maybe you'll be lucky and I'm right.

I derped and didn't research more into it. Throw dirt into a mana pool with the alchemy catalyst to get the dirt 3:1

In 0.7.2 (at least) you can turn dirt into course dirt (3:1) with an alchemy catalyst and mana pool.

ninja'd :D

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Nice attempt. The area is looking a little flat. Trees give height ad in awesomesauces garden had fountain features to give the area more depth.
Thanks for the feedback.Some flatness is probably to be expected, because I'm not quite used to building otherwise. I'm hoping witchery can give me a better water color, maybe then I can try some pools and fountains.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
I'm...pretty confident there's better way to set up all the seed farms, but for the most part this is working out quite well (Most of the plants are 10/10/x). Really, my only real problem is that the small wheat farm is the only thing that produces compost for me.

Attachments

• 2015-03-28_16.32.43.png
    2015-03-28_16.32.43.png
    663.3 KB · Views: 63

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I'm...pretty confident there's better way to set up all the seed farms, but for the most part this is working out quite well (Most of the plants are 10/10/x). Really, my only real problem is that the small wheat farm is the only thing that produces compost for me.

Why don't you use sticks? They can be composted, and you don't seem to have a shortage of them.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Why don't you use sticks? They can be composted, and you don't seem to have a shortage of them.
Either I use most of my wood on crop sticks or, at the moment, I'm turning my wood into charcoal so I can get diamond seeds (48 blocks of Charcoal...)

JimmyJam

Jul 29, 2019
Why are champion mobs from Thaumcraft turned off? I think i am going to turn them on to make things a little harder. :)

AaronAndroid

Jul 29, 2019
I'm very interested to know how you managed to make new infusion alter recipes with Botania. I would like to for my personal modpack, replace all the normal crafting recipes for the different seeds in Magical Crops to strictly using the infusion alter for everything for the sake of balance.

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Either I use most of my wood on crop sticks or, at the moment, I'm turning my wood into charcoal so I can get diamond seeds (48 blocks of Charcoal...)

Most seeds compost just fine. I composted all of my non-best (except some essence seeds and a stack of something I had a lot of for crafting) as I was upgrading them and always had enough compost, but then I didn't go wild on making huge farms this time. I am doing a just-in-time system by farming up a few hundred essences when upgrading seeds, then farming whatever is getting low. My smallish farms are close to my crafting area though, so it's just a few steps to harvest whatever is mature and dump it in my drawers.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Pumpkins->4 pumpkin seeds each-> compost for days.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
I'm very interested to know how you managed to make new infusion alter recipes with Botania. I would like to for my personal modpack, replace all the normal crafting recipes for the different seeds in Magical Crops to strictly using the infusion alter for everything for the sake of balance.
This is via Minetweaker. Check out the .zs files in minecraft/scripts/ - magiccrops2.zs has lots of examples of using RuneAltar.addRecipe().

Acidion

Jul 29, 2019
I am having an issue with brewing drop of luck. I put in the ingredients 3 different times and for some reason it just sits at a green color boiling and never lets me actually scoop out the magical brew. Any hints?