[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Saw that and was there after posting. Question then, not knowing exactly what ruins can do, do you want the buildings individual or as a village? If ruins can make villages/cities, then I can parse each structure plus more (church, shops, wizard tower...) for a full set of ruins.

I like building things and graphic art...and I have time as a stay at home father...so it is no skin off my where ever. ;-)
A few variations of that small village would be nice to start with. I think its possible to do randomized complex ruins with command blocks in them, but I haven't done much research in that area so keep it to predesigned layouts for now.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
For the Mariculture Gas Leaks(that look like sand), do I just have to did down to collect it? I have found a few on the mainland.

SyberSmoke

Jul 29, 2019
A few variations of that small village would be nice to start with. I think its possible to do randomized complex ruins with command blocks in them, but I haven't done much research in that area so keep it to predesigned layouts for now.

I will see what I can do then. I may only build a couple as placement of the template buildings is iffy. I will keep the "villages" small for now, just a few buildings and some fields (nothing growing). That way they can spawn in areas with out floating. I will add in some padding of coarse...you get to edit it so ground is at ground though. :)

billybricker1

Jul 29, 2019
You might talk to @Iskandar about that. There were cities in the Crash Landing pack that iirc were created using the ruins mod.

billybricker1

Jul 29, 2019
For the Mariculture Gas Leaks(that look like sand), do I just have to did down to collect it? I have found a few on the mainland.
Yeah, when you find one dig down until you find a cavern, place a mariculture pump with a tank next to it, and (right?) click the pump to get the gas into the tank. From what I've read in this thread you need to place the pump in the middle of the cavern with nothing touching it on any side, other than the block on the bottom where you place it, except the tank for it to work. Also don't place a torch in the cavern unless you really like explosions.

Reactions: RehabOholic

Rakankrad

Jul 29, 2019
Is forestry farm broken? Every time I try to check the recipes with NEI, I crash. Didn't save the log for the crash, but if it's only me, I'll just google the recipes and do the crafts that way

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
Is forestry farm broken? Every time I try to check the recipes with NEI, I crash. Didn't save the log for the crash, but if it's only me, I'll just google the recipes and do the crafts that way
that sounds like the nei bug thats mentioned not forestry farm, try closing minecraft and ftb launcher and see if that works. as a general rule to anyone on the forum if your crashing when viewing a recipe in nei 9/10 chances its due to that inscriber script bug

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019

Pretty much. And avoid sparks or flames. If you drop an air pump in a large open area once you start getting the debuffs from the gas, you can hand pump a liquid tank full in seconds. You'll want a tank or so.

Maybe more. If you like scuba. :)

Reactions: RehabOholic

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, when you find one dig down until you find a cavern, place a mariculture pump with a tank next to it, and (right?) click the pump to get the gas into the tank. From what I've read in this thread you need to place the pump in the middle of the cavern with nothing touching it on any side, other than the block on the bottom where you place it, except the tank for it to work. Also don't place a torch in the cavern unless you really like explosions.

Thanks, I was replacing cracked sand with grass, and I seen that gas leak, but wasn't sure. I have seen them on many pack, but never tried to go down and see. What is the gas used for anyways?

SyberSmoke

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yeah, looking over the mod list it seems like he might have used Formivore’s Walled City Generator for the cities.

Walled cities could work with out some really nuts command block action. But that depends on the design look your after. But the cities need not be sky scrapers and that mod is updated for 1.7.1. It can always be tried...or the current maker of the ruins mod could be begged to add villages.

This is what was used: http://www.skydaz.com/walled-city-generator-mod-installer-for-minecraft-1-7-10/

Last edited:

Rakankrad

Jul 29, 2019
that sounds like the nei bug thats mentioned not forestry farm, try closing minecraft and ftb launcher and see if that works. as a general rule to anyone on the forum if your crashing when viewing a recipe in nei 9/10 chances its due to that inscriber script bug
Ah, alright. I still googled the multifarms since I didn't remember how to make them.. Sengir made them HUGE! the smallest farm is massive compared to what it used to be.. From 11x11 to 21x21.. Gonna have to expend my safe zone a good 10 blocks if I want to fit one in without demolishing anything.

And here I was thinking I'd have enough room with this much space:

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, alright. I still googled the multifarms since I didn't remember how to make them.. Sengir made them HUGE! the smallest farm is massive compared to what it used to be.. From 11x11 to 21x21.. Gonna have to expend my safe zone a good 10 blocks if I want to fit one in without demolishing anything.

And here I was thinking I'd have enough room with this much space:
you can have any size you want :p , the multifarm will only place down the soil on whatever your base material is say you just wanted 3x3 just put down 3x3 area of stone bricks and that would be the multifarms available space for trees

Edit: lovely base btw

Rakankrad

Jul 29, 2019
you can have any size you want :p , the multifarm will only place down the soil on whatever your base material is say you just wanted 3x3 just put down 3x3 area of stone bricks and that would be the multifarms available space for trees

Edit: lovely base btw
Ah, I always thought it had to be the size that it specified.

The base is still very much a WIP. I suck at making things look nice but figured I'd at least try to make paths out of marble :p

Reactions: JimmyJam

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I always thought it had to be the size that it specified.

The base is still very much a WIP. I suck at making things look nice but figured I'd at least try to make paths out of marble :p

The central control section is one of the specified sizes, but the actual crop planting area is a maximum, use as much or as little as you like. And you can to a degree mix and match different crops. I think 4 different per multifarm is the cap. My main issue with them is fertilizer in this pack. Apatite deposits in "normal" worlds are large and fairly common and fertilizer is pretty easy. Here not so much.