how OCD about Minecraft can you be?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Well I usually don't note down the tiny nodes in silverwood trees or totems either.

On another note (hehe), I like it how you can create separate collections of waypoints with Mapwriter. Good for exactly this purpose.

I've suggested this several times to the JourneyMap MCF topic, an option to group waypoints together so you can easily enable/disable a whole group with a single click.
it'd also be nice if there would ever be this option to also allow you to give waypoints the name of the group they're in so you don't have to type out the same text over and over, and to have all of the waypoints in a group have the same color, as I can never seem to get the exact same color for the same waypoints

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I've suggested this several times to the JourneyMap MCF topic, an option to group waypoints together so you can easily enable/disable a whole group with a single click.
it'd also be nice if there would ever be this option to also allow you to give waypoints the name of the group they're in so you don't have to type out the same text over and over, and to have all of the waypoints in a group have the same color, as I can never seem to get the exact same color for the same waypoints
JourneyMap already has three boxes for the RGB color of the waypoints, so if you memorize what you put in them (ex. neon green = 0, 255, 0), you can duplicate the color exactly.

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
This is really just vanilla stuff for me, I play modded so differently I can't even compare the two really
After falling into lava in some way (falling of cliffs in the nether, mining myself into underground lakes, walking into the surface ponds while not paying attention:oops:) about a dozen times and I now carry a fire resistance potion everywhere I go on my hotbar. No matter where I go, it could be the bottom of the freaking ocean biome and I will still have that thing on my hotbar:p (along with a trusty water bucket, cannot be too careful)

Enchantments scale differently for me than most people it seems. Some people go "Great, got Power III on my bow. Now I am set for that boss fight" while I go "Power III? how long will it take me to get a power III book to upgrade that to a decent power IV?" Maybe it is just from enchanting so many books top level enchants are relatively easy for me to get (still a PITA since I still use a single blaze spawner, but decently easy)

My favorite "scrap" block for derp towers and such is cobble. Mainly since it is cheap, about everywhere (underground, above ground, in the ocean, there is cobble near), has decent blast resistance, and no gravity affects. Now this is pretty common for most people I see, but I outright refuse to use dirt or something like that for scrap blocks, no matter the situation. I will jump up that mountain myself before making a dirt derp tower up it.

Reactions: Theopenlink22

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Same, absolutely, fire resistance is a must if you do not have the fire resistance gene from Advanced genetics.

Especially if you are like me, I tend to "wander off" mentally when doing boring task and will not notice anything for a good five seconds after the fact. Like I can fight multiple withers no problem but panic at the sight of one block that can kill me (I think that says something about the wither, the game's "boss" is less dangerous to me than a single block of molten rock)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
are there also any others who enchant all their tools and armors in the same exact order, even if they do not use a tool?
unbreaking always come first, after that it's either efficiency, sharpness or protection, and after that either silk, fortune or enchantments that prevent you from dying or losing items.
any other enchantments come after.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
are there also any others who enchant all their tools and armors in the same exact order, even if they do not use a tool?
unbreaking always come first, after that it's either efficiency, sharpness or protection, and after that either silk, fortune or enchantments that prevent you from dying or losing items.
any other enchantments come after.

Silk touch and infinity are my first two enchanting goals. Looting comes in behind those, followed by protections. Luckily, TiCo makes silk touch pretty simple, and I've gained an appreciation for the crossbow.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Silk touch and infinity are my first two enchanting goals. Looting comes in behind those, followed by protections. Luckily, TiCo makes silk touch pretty simple, and I've gained an appreciation for the crossbow.

I can really be OCD about the tinker's tool aswell, I'm actually so OCD that I often only make 2 sets of tools.
the first one is stone, because cobblestone is so easy and cheap to get, and the second is cobalt/manyullyn

I actually have a screenshot saved for my configuration of them... let's see

iQ2x7tD.png
wffMM8Z.png

as you can see they're not the most efficient, but I try to have the same kind of build for all the tools.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I can really be OCD about the tinker's tool aswell, I'm actually so OCD that I often only make 2 sets of tools.
the first one is stone, because cobblestone is so easy and cheap to get, and the second is cobalt/manyullyn

I actually have a screenshot saved for my configuration of them... let's see

-snip-

as you can see they're not the most efficient, but I try to have the same kind of build for all the tools.

I'm pretty compulsive when it comes to my TiCo tools, too. To the point that I'll build a set of stone tools just so I can make casts, but I will not make a proper pickaxe until I have steel. The steel pick gets silk touch and moss ASAP, and I use it for the remainder of the game. Sure, I'll make a cobalt headed pick later and spec it for fortune and speed, but my trusty steel pickaxe is my "around the house" pick - so I don't have to resmelt smooth stone, or accidentally mine through two extra layers and some wiring.

I have a similar hangup with my sword, although I've recently taken to using gem swords until I have manyullyn. Obsidian shovel head on a thaumium rod solves my shovel needs. I have recently discoved I can make an Unbreaking X Lumber Axe - nothing like watching a sacred oak fall with one chop.

My hammer is the only tool I really make a few of, as the materials for the end product are not usually available in large enough quantities to start with.