biomes a plenty - question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm using MFR lasers to get ore. They are really really awesome. The only hiccup I'm reaching is these biomes a plenty gems. The malacite, saphire, ruby, etc. Some of the gems have purpose but they all can be made into blocks and used as decorative blocks. The problem I'm having is one of automation. There's no grinding/sag mill/pulverizer recipie for turning an ore block into the jewels as you can with diamonds.

I'm trying to decide the best to go about automating it. I really would rather not use the autonomous activator with a pick but I suppose I could do it that way and repair it with a tinker's table and steve's factory manager (the best mod ever). But I figure some of you have already done this and why reinvent the wheel. :p

Ideas?

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
OOOH!!!!! I'm thinking of using the blocks to decorate lol. Yes I went through all the trouble creating a mining laser and will be creating one for each focus lens because I'm building the dream house :p

-is that aqua playing in the background? lol

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Or if you don't care about fortune a computercraft turtle should do the job.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see any reason to not simply add those ores to the S.A.G. Mills processing list. It's config driven.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Chris... elaborate... what is this config you speak of? Do I need to edit both server and client?

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Chris... elaborate... what is this config you speak of? Do I need to edit both server and client?
"SAGMillRecipes_User.xml" in installlocation\modpack\minecraft\config\enderio

And yes, you do want to make the change to both, server and client sides.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Ok the sag mill recipes are kind of... weird not sure how to add it.

I tried the block breaker and it crashed my world

EDIT: Specifically the syntax of addint to the file... it's not laid out as well as say thaumcraft or open blocks in it's config settings. I'll have to find another way around it. I had to disable minefactory reloaded. Then I had to start the server then stop it and reenable minefactory reloaded. Every MFR block was gone. All the auto spawners, harvesters, planters, chronotypers, etc. As I went through replacing the blocks... I realized how much apparently I rely on MFR. The main functionality of automation comes from it. I'm going to change that but yeah it really really sucked.

2nd note to top everything else off I was going through the ores that the laser (another MFR block) was getting me and one of them was a fire ore(?). I wasn't sure what it is or what it does but made the mistake of putting it in my inventory. After dying twice, losing half my inventory, half my house and some choice words I'd like to thank who ever decided to put that into the ore dictionary without a warning... lol

Last edited: