Mod Idea The Outside

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
Our world is the Inside, where everything exists and is made of the smallest unit called a philot (not factually correct, but close). The Outside is a place, if you can call it that, which is entirely these philots. But these philots are unassigned and want to be something. Instead of being called to the The Inside, you go outside and whatever you have on our mind will be made. This is the lore for the mod.

My idea would be to create a mod that creates a dimension called the Outside. And have drawings or "ideas" for items, as items like scrolls or something. And when you go to the Outside, that item that is written on the scroll is created. Now work would have to be done to make these scrolls and counter effects may occur.

What do you think? Obviously a rough rough idea that really only just came to me. I am not a dev but am learning Java currently to become one.

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
Yes :-D so glad some one knew! Idk maybe it could be worked in but Yea! That's my idea for a mod.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
What, no Hive Queens or Computer Entities to assist? (Speaker for the Dead/Children of the Mind/Xenocide reference :D)
I am on COTM right now, read the first sentence and knew the reference. Would be tricky, and what of a "clone" effect like
what happened to ender where he got 3 bodies
?

And how would fabricating the items work if you needed the exact pattern in your mind? Scrolls would be a good inplementation, but it needs to be a pattern in your mind...

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
The planet Luistania is amazing. Brilliant, unique and sadistic way of designing an ecosystem. Poor piggies.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
The planet Luistania is amazing. Brilliant, unique and sadistic way of designing an ecosystem. Poor piggies.
Atleast the (Outside spoiler virus) changed them, and saved the (two species) from mating due to the (virus)
Is thatspoiler-free enough?

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
I'm by far not the developer of thaumcraft. Basically i dont know everything about modding but this mod seems like it may not be possible but it is a cool idea.