[YogCraft] Flan's Mods, Yes or No?

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
In Episode #7 of Sjin's "Feed the World" series he states (at the very start) that the YogCraft modpack has Flan's Mods in it, which grants the ability to make planes, guns, and all manner of other interesting things.

This .. does not seem to match the information that is on the FTB Wiki however, and does not line up with what is included when you download the YogCraft modpack in the FTB Launcher. So what is going on here? Is this just a mistake on Sjin's part, and Flan's Mods are actually NOT included but just tacked on to their filming server?

If there is a descrepancy with this, what other mods are they using on their filming server that is not actually included in the modpack?

budge

Jul 29, 2019
In Rythian's latest video he used some weapons which could be from Flan's Mods. I don't know this for sure, however, as I haven't played Flan's Mods since beta 1.5.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Sjin made a two-seater biplane, which IS from Flan's Mods. He uses the plane crafting table from the mod to assemble the thing, as well. So.. they have Flan's Mods installed. I just think it's rather odd that they are using it, and the YogCraft modpack is supposed to be what they are using... but it isn't.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
YogCraft doesn't actually have DamageIndicators either. And the weapons Rythian used were from Flan's. I think it is a simple matter of permissions (or the FTB pack update schedule... if it exists)

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
He is using Yogcraft. He simply added flans mod to it. you can do that you know. You can add or remove mods from any pack.

Reactions: OmegaPython

Grumpy_Pirate

Jul 29, 2019
I really hope this is simply indication of an upcoming update. I'd love to start messing about with planes in the official pack release.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
If the Wiki ever gets updated with concise list of mods contained in the pack, I may compare and end up switching from Ultimate to YogCraft. Who knows.[DOUBLEPOST=1365427426][/DOUBLEPOST]
He is using Yogcraft. He simply added flans mod to it. you can do that you know. You can add or remove mods from any pack.
Whole point of the YogCraft modpack is so the followers of the series can use the same mods set as the Yogscast folks. You watch their series, follow along while learning about various parts of the mod packs, and replicate the results in your own game (as you see fit).

If they've got a modpack but then are adding in mods not included in the modpack, and these added in mods are playing key roles in their series... it is kind of defeating the entire purpose of the thing.

Reactions: Grumpy_Pirate

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
It's his series he can do whatever he wants. if it helps you can pretend that he's using a future update version. It's happened before.

Jokeless98

Jul 29, 2019
I have installed Flan's to the Ultimate pack, it's not difficult at all, but I can't seem to get Flan's working server side. Any help would be great.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I have installed Flan's to the Ultimate pack, it's not difficult at all, but I can't seem to get Flan's working server side. Any help would be great.
Is it your server?
Hay gota check off the obvious problems first.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
If the Wiki ever gets updated with concise list of mods contained in the pack, I may compare and end up switching from Ultimate to YogCraft. Who knows.[DOUBLEPOST=1365427426][/DOUBLEPOST]
Whole point of the YogCraft modpack is so the followers of the series can use the same mods set as the Yogscast folks. You watch their series, follow along while learning about various parts of the mod packs, and replicate the results in your own game (as you see fit).

If they've got a modpack but then are adding in mods not included in the modpack, and these added in mods are playing key roles in their series... it is kind of defeating the entire purpose of the thing.
They most likely don't have permission to distribute Flan's via FTB. I agree it's kind of silly to have a different pack in their series than they do on the launcher, but you should take that up with Yogscast. For what it's worth, I don't ever remember them saying anything like "play along with us in our modpack", in fact they barely reference the existence of the launcher.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
They most likely don't have permission to distribute Flan's via FTB. I agree it's kind of silly to have a different pack in their series than they do on the launcher, but you should take that up with Yogscast. For what it's worth, I don't ever remember them saying anything like "play along with us in our modpack", in fact they barely reference the existence of the launcher.
Twice Sjin has made the comment in his series about anyone watching being able to 'play along' by using the YogCraft modpack. This comment has also been made once in Duncan's series.

But all of that is honestly rather beside the point. The big point is that the average person will most likely leap to the assumption that the YogCraft modpack in the FTB Launcher is the same modpack as the one being used in the series... especially since Lewis and several others specifically stated early on that they are playing "YogCraft" now. Hopefully an update hits soon to the YogCraft pack that updates what it has in it.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Twice Sjin has made the comment in his series about anyone watching being able to 'play along' by using the YogCraft modpack. This comment has also been made once in Duncan's series.

But all of that is honestly rather beside the point. The big point is that the average person will most likely leap to the assumption that the YogCraft modpack in the FTB Launcher is the same modpack as the one being used in the series... especially since Lewis and several others specifically stated early on that they are playing "YogCraft" now. Hopefully an update hits soon to the YogCraft pack that updates what it has in it.
I stand corrected, I must have missed those comments. Regardless, I would direct you to http://forums.yogscast.com/forumdisplay.php?127-Yogscast-Shows&s=c5ae484e5270688f9e4482595e99df67 and join one of the several threads there asking the same question, as the decision makers for the pack are there, not here.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
You know there's a server called minecack. I don't think it has anything to do with the mod pack of the same name.

CtimeRUN

Jul 29, 2019
You know there's a server called minecack. I don't think it has anything to do with the mod pack of the same name.
That's strange. One might assume that since both the Mindcrack Pack and Mindcrack Team use the same logo, they were connected somehow. Hmm.

How mysterious. And unrelated.

Back on topic, I have tried to install flan's mod normally and as a jar mod and neither worked. Would it be wise to try installing it as a coremod or could the mod need to be repackaged?