Why is NEI broken?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Mr. Strange Tiger

Jul 29, 2019
Where are all the tabs that are usually in the upper left?

Attachments

• 2014-03-13_22.52.51.png
    2014-03-13_22.52.51.png
    370.8 KB · Views: 113

Mr. Strange Tiger

Jul 29, 2019
Its in cheat mode, Still nothing shows up. I even disabled NEI and relaunched the game to try and fix the bug and still nothing.

SuperSplit

Jul 29, 2019
Try pressing o or switch to recipe and back. Also if you want those cheats you can just go to Lan with cheats turned on and type commands into chat instead.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

InfiniLife

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having the same problem with my custom modpack from MultiMC. Tried almost everything but nothings worked so far

Mr. Strange Tiger

Jul 29, 2019
I run a server for my group and as the admin for the server those little on off buttons for cheat mode are really useful.

Attachments

• 2014-03-13_23.54.34.png
    2014-03-13_23.54.34.png
    290.9 KB · Views: 67

SuperSplit

Jul 29, 2019
If you search it on Google and research it hard enough someone might have had the same problem and it may be fixable

SuperSplit

Jul 29, 2019
Ah it's probable disabled in the server configs. There may be a sort of white list and you may be able to give yourself the permission to do it.

Mr. Strange Tiger

Jul 29, 2019
The only admin for the server is me, I didn't white list anything. All I did was update from 1.0.9 to 1.1.0 and found that my NEI options are screwed up. I have nothing on the white list nor anything disabled. I run the server vanilla.[DOUBLEPOST=1394770340][/DOUBLEPOST]Wow, Now I feel stupid. :(

SuperSplit

Jul 29, 2019
Oh okay I thought it was ftb server, so it would have pre made configs and white list stuff for perms

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
It was the answer.

JIC, X is for enchants, P is for potions, right click erases the whole nei search field, and @MODNAME will let you filter out by mod
Also | can be used to search like "thisORthat" as in lapis|redstone will show everything that matches either lapis or redstone
Still trying to figure out the regular expression that will let me search xANDy but it escapes me

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
JIC, X is for enchants, P is for potions, right click erases the whole nei search field, and @MODNAME will let you filter out by mod
Also | can be used to search like "thisORthat" as in lapis|redstone will show everything that matches either lapis or redstone
Still trying to figure out the regular expression that will let me search xANDy but it escapes me
Isn't it just X Y? As in nothing special in there?

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't it just X Y? As in nothing special in there?

X being an arbitrary word as well as Y. Basically filter for X, then filter those down again with Y
I'm thinking (?=.*X)(?=.*Y) might work, but its very convoluted

EDIT: For example I was looking for lapis facades, but I didnt know what facades was the first word so my current ANDing expression returned no results despite knowing facades came in a few varieties of lapis.