Why is ftb crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly_Night

Jul 29, 2019
I love FTB and play it allot, but recently the ultimate FTB pack crashes every 5 minutes or so. There is not crash report and the only thing that the console says is Stopping. I have tried adding more ram, uninstalling and reinstalling both FTB and java. I've run out of ideas, please help me.

earthanmoon

Jul 29, 2019
welcome to my world =P
i play on a small server and every 10 mins i crash, everyone on the server is fine, except me, i have given ftb 2.5/2.74 gigs of RAM i have, i play on pretty much the lowest settings, tryed reinstalling like you have and even made the java priority high in the task manager processes tab,
im playing on the mindcrack pack too, if that helps anyone at all,

any help would be greatly appreciated ;P

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Try this.
Also, make sure you'r not giving it so much ram that your computer runs out of memory.
There should always be at least 1,5GB left for the rest of the computer, and minecraft will rarely need much over 2GB

Reactions: earthanmoon

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Please post your entire client side console log on pastebin.com and link your paste URL here. This is the other window that is opened by the FTB launcher. Please post any and all other logs you can provide to pastebin.com and link those as well. Logs are much easier to read when uploaded to pastebin. To prevent future issues, such as pastebin flagging your log as spam and deleting it, it is simplest to create an account on pastebin.com and use that account to upload your logs.

earthanmoon

Jul 29, 2019
Woops, i forgot to add this link.
thanks again =)[DOUBLEPOST=1365086697][/DOUBLEPOST]
Please post your entire client side console log on pastebin.com and link your paste URL here. This is the other window that is opened by the FTB launcher. Please post any and all other logs you can provide to pastebin.com and link those as well. Logs are much easier to read when uploaded to pastebin. To prevent future issues, such as pastebin flagging your log as spam and deleting it, it is simplest to create an account on pastebin.com and use that account to upload your logs.
ok ill try that in just a second thanks you =)

earthanmoon

Jul 29, 2019
Woops, i forgot to add this link.
wow i just tryed this link and changed the RAM allowance, and its working like a treat, ill just have to see how long it stays this way,
and if it crashes ill upload the log to pastebin and link it here, but so far thanks so much for your help guys, i really appreciate it

earthanmoon

Jul 29, 2019

ok, it crashed and i got the pastebin link just here... http://pastebin.com/KyW02nwY
hopefully this can help find the problem,
and thanks again =)[DOUBLEPOST=1365099601][/DOUBLEPOST]do you what the text file too from the blue screen saying 'minecraft has crashed? i can try to get that for you if that will help

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Try deleting FTB and installing it in a empty folder, it sometimes gets kinda moody if there are other things in the folder it's installed in.
If you still get that error, try to disable the voxel map mod.

earthanmoon

Jul 29, 2019
Try deleting FTB and installing it in a empty folder, it sometimes gets kinda moody if there are other things in the folder it's installed in.
If you still get that error, try to disable the voxel map mod.
ok ill try that if it continues to crash[DOUBLEPOST=1365151579][/DOUBLEPOST]
You should have Java 7 not Java 6
ok, so i just need to update my java? sounds easy enough =) thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.