What TConstruct Weapon should I make?

What TConstruct Weapon should I make?

• Cleaver

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Battleaxe (I know this is a tool because it cuts down trees but I still considered this a weapon)

• BroadSword

• Scythe (I know this is a tool for farming but I still this as a weapon)

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Longsword

• Rapier

• Dagger

• Pan

• Battlesign

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hammer (I know this is use to mine but I still considered as a weapon)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Airbornehurdle

Jul 29, 2019
I finally got all the materials to built all this TConstruct Weapons and this my first time to try them (I never use the TConstruct Weapons because I spend too much time on Vanilla Swords) THERE IS SO MUCH WEAPONS I CAN MAKE BUT DIFFICULT WHICH ONE TO MAKE!!??!?!?! :eek:

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm... there are a lot of different aspects to weapons.

The scythe is the only AoE-Damage weapon, so if you want to have this, you have no choice.
The rapier ignores defense-properties (not just simply ones, it ignores PowerArmor, Lich Shield etc.) so if you want to pummel someone with a PowerArmor get a rapier.
The cleaver is slow, but has some style aspects, if you like FFVII get this weapon.
The Battlesign and the Pan arent that great... but they are fun, the sound of the Pan also is kinda funny.
The Longswords jump is kinda nice, while the broadsword basically is a normal sword.
The Hammer is the most effective TC-Weapon for dismantling the wither, since it has inherit Smite. Also getting Looting is easy.
The Battleaxe has the bonus of being able to mine wood. Similar to the Hammer you can get Luck (if you have at least 1) by choping wood.
I have never used the dagger... but how good can it be.

Also if you dont want an uber-weapon and just something to keep mobs at bay use an manyullyn-head shovel and enchant sharpness on it. You can easily get 5 hearts damage (so 10) and most shovel-materials are soft enough to not require much mining-speed. Unfortunatly Luck doesnt double as Looting and Fortune on a shovel (although I think TC doesnt tell you the damage anymore, it used to)

Here is the damage-bonus (added to the material-value) for all the weapons.

0 Hearts -> Mining-Tools (they normally dont show damage) have the reported 2 Hearts
0,5 Hearts -> Knife, Battlesign
1 Hearts -> Hammer, Rapier, Pan
2 Hearts -> Long-Sword, Broadsword, Battleaxe, Scythe, Cleaver

Also Rapiers ignore Armor and swing really fast (they seem to have a wider reach, but this might be visual due to there different animation).
Hammers have inherit Smite 2 (2-4 Bonusdamage to Undead).
Cleavers, Signs, Broadswords and Pans can Block.
The Battleaxe has a charge that will leap you a bit forward and gives you swiftness and haste.
Longsword and Rapier give 50% Bonusdamage when striking while sprinting.
Frying Pans have extra knockback and dazzle the target briefly.
The Cleaver has Beheading II, which gives more heads if you slay stuff.

Airbornehurdle

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm... there are a lot of different aspects to weapons.

The scythe is the only AoE-Damage weapon, so if you want to have this, you have no choice.
The rapier ignores defense-properties (not just simply ones, it ignores PowerArmor, Lich Shield etc.) so if you want to pummel someone with a PowerArmor get a rapier.
The cleaver is slow, but has some style aspects, if you like FFVII get this weapon.
The Battlesign and the Pan arent that great... but they are fun, the sound of the Pan also is kinda funny.
The Longswords jump is kinda nice, while the broadsword basically is a normal sword.
The Hammer is the most effective TC-Weapon for dismantling the wither, since it has inherit Smite. Also getting Looting is easy.
The Battleaxe has the bonus of being able to mine wood. Similar to the Hammer you can get Luck (if you have at least 1) by choping wood.
I have never used the dagger... but how good can it be.

Also if you dont want an uber-weapon and just something to keep mobs at bay use an manyullyn-head shovel and enchant sharpness on it. You can easily get 5 hearts damage (so 10) and most shovel-materials are soft enough to not require much mining-speed. Unfortunatly Luck doesnt double as Looting and Fortune on a shovel (although I think TC doesnt tell you the damage anymore, it used to)

Here is the damage-bonus (added to the material-value) for all the weapons.

0 Hearts -> Mining-Tools (they normally dont show damage) have the reported 2 Hearts
0,5 Hearts -> Knife, Battlesign
1 Hearts -> Hammer, Rapier, Pan
2 Hearts -> Long-Sword, Broadsword, Battleaxe, Scythe, Cleaver

Also Rapiers ignore Armor and swing really fast (they seem to have a wider reach, but this might be visual due to there different animation).
Hammers have inherit Smite 2 (2-4 Bonusdamage to Undead).
Cleavers, Signs, Broadswords and Pans can Block.
The Battleaxe has a charge that will leap you a bit forward and gives you swiftness and haste.
Longsword and Rapier give 50% Bonusdamage when striking while sprinting.
Frying Pans have extra knockback and dazzle the target briefly.
The Cleaver has Beheading II, which gives more heads if you slay stuff.
uhm........ I'm gonna look forward to Hammer but I'm just gonna wait for other people to say. :D

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Rapier is my favorite weapon so far. It completely bypasses armor and can be spammed very quickly since its hits have a shorter "flashy red invulnerability" period than normal weapons. Not only that, but its right click ability makes you do a quick hop backwards, which is surprisingly handy when going after things like Creepers.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Some of my perspectives:

You'll probably want one or more of these, since they all serve a different function and have a different purpose.

A Scythe is amazing for area effect, cutting swathes through mobs of creatures. This is great when you end up with a bunch of cursed earth or areas that have had mobs pile up before entering them. It should also be *highly* effective against the new zombie thing.

A Broadsword is your basic sword. You block for half damage, you swing and it hurts them. Use nether quartz to sharpen, and it can easily breach 10 damage and one-shot kill many things. If you want a sword similar to a vanilla sword but cooler, this is the sword to get.

The Rapier got hit with several nerf bats. I'm not sure how fast it is anymore, but I do know that functionality is less than it used to be. It does less base damage than a broadsword, but it does penetrate armor, which can be useful in certain circumstances. The jump back isn't really all -that- useful in my opinion, I can just back up while blocking if I need to get out of a bad situation.

The Cleaver's only reason for existing is a) it has more parts, so you can tack on more material abilities, and b) wither heads. That's really it. Otherwise, it's just a slower and significantly more expensive version of the Broadsword without any kind of damage boost.