Way to give ops a name color?

RobertWebb38

Jul 29, 2019
For example on ForgeCraft, the admins get a yellow name color. Is there a mod for this, or..?

I'm not sure exactly where the best place to post this is, so sorry if this is the wrong topic.

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
AFAIK on ForgeCraft name color is from ForgeIRC. You can set name color with essentials if you are willing to use Cauldron. Forge Essentials and Server Tools might also do that.

leelawd

Jul 29, 2019
Cauldron is used by all the major servers, i have no idea why everyone is so against the use of it as the community for it is still thriving. There is nothing wrong with using cauldron.

RobertWebb38

Jul 29, 2019
Cauldron is used by all the major servers, i have no idea why everyone is so against the use of it as the community for it is still thriving. There is nothing wrong with using cauldron.
Yeah, but most of the bukkit plugins are built against bukkit, and aren't exactly friendly with forge. People can still use mining lasers, and quarries to grief, and some blocks wouldn't register when using commands that involve items. Same with custom effects, and stuff.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Yeah, but most of the bukkit plugins are built against bukkit, and aren't exactly friendly with forge. People can still use mining lasers, and quarries to grief, and some blocks wouldn't register when using commands that involve items. Same with custom effects, and stuff.

This plus the fact that forge mods where never supposed to work with bukkit thus running cauldron can create some unintended behavior or crashes

Tethlah

Jul 29, 2019
I use forge essentials and I love it. All you need to do is do is change the colours of whatever you want using a command at that point. Their wiki covers everything from creating groups, setting permissions, changing chat codes , etc.

Goshen

Jul 29, 2019
If you want name colors without cauldron(I love cauldron), use vanilla teams...set the teams to colors and assign players to them.