Vajra

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Never had a problem with whacking someone with a vajra. Though you pretty much are in creative mode ones you get a UU factory set up. I think I got about 300 Ultimate solars and 20 rock breakers fueling 3 recyclers. With that going on, I can do as I please without worrying about resources. Within the ~week it's been running I already have half an upgraded barrel full.

Though in terms of vajra accidents, don't use it when a server's lagging. Used a rock cutter to mine some stuff (diamonds, redstone, nikolite, ect.) if you switch to the vajra, it suddenly thinks you mined it with that instead and just drops the pieces instead of the blocks. Though while I love it as a weapon, it can be a real pain to use it like one sometimes if you don't want to break your surroundings. But that's what warded blocks are for!

Are you not playing with GT installed or did you stock up on iridium before the nerf?

Archina

Jul 29, 2019
Are you not playing with GT installed or did you stock up on iridium before the nerf?
I don't exactly know anything about iridium nerfs as I don't pay attention to the patch notes. When did this happen?

Also, if you want to know if I use GregTech or not, re-read my post. A certain machine mentioned may answer that.

Futalis

Jul 29, 2019
I like how people think that having a vajra and a gravichest is creative mode, not like in creative you can spawn a mob/block at will or anything.

anyway, never use the vajra to kill somebody.

Well you get creative mode flight and faster than creative mode block removal all for practically free. As for spawning mob, soul shards accomplish mob spawning at will. As for blocks, well with the vajra's mining capabilities and quarries and a proper sorting system, you have all the blocks you could ever want.

Reactions: Whovian

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Well you get creative mode flight and faster than creative mode block removal all for practically free. As for spawning mob, soul shards accomplish mob spawning at will. As for blocks, well with the vajra's mining capabilities and quarries and a proper sorting system, you have all the blocks you could ever want.

ok, get a vajra, a full quantum and a quarry, I got creative mode, lets do a competition: in 1 minute who enchants a sword of the zephyr with books only (Sharpness 5 knockback 2 fire aspect 2 looting 3 unbreaking 3 and repair 2)

or spawn me an end portal or a mob just 5-20 secs after pressing e.

Archina

Jul 29, 2019
ok, get a vajra, a full quantum and a quarry, I got creative mode, lets do a competition: in 1 minute who enchants a sword of the zephyr with books only (Sharpness 5 knockback 2 fire aspect 2 looting 3 unbreaking 3 and repair 2)

or spawn me an end portal or a mob just 5-20 secs after pressing e.
He's saying it theoretically. By the time you have enough spare iridium for quantum, a vajra and a gravisuit, chances are you have a UU matter farm/factory and with said UU matter can just get pretty much any material you need without leaving the base. Spawning mobs? tier 5 soul cages are VERY easy to get if you've got the diamonds to spare (which UU matter can make.) getting Thaumcraft items? it ain't hard at all to research what you want when you could just make every aspect.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
what about XP? does UU gives xp?

and you dont necessarly need UU, you can use platinum dust. (bdubs and gb for example)

Necr0maNceR

Jul 29, 2019
A soul shard mob grinder, thaumcraft combat golems with visors (and perhaps dart launchers), and a bunch of brain-in-a-jars can automate experience grinding pretty well.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
well, thats not thin air like in creative, you have to research the theory of everything, then the golem, then the visor, then get the cage, then the brains.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
well, thats not thin air like in creative, you have to research the theory of everything, then the golem, then the visor, then get the cage, then the brains.
It's not creative mode, but it does make you for all intents and purposes invincible. would have to derp really really really hard to mess up and die with this kind of kit.
I do like the gravisuit myself for building, but i don't use a full Q-suit when out adventuring. there is no fun if there is no risk.
For me the Vajra is just not needed. Just like i prefer to not use the mining laser most of the time. (unless i want that mazestone for a particular build, but there are other ways to get that without having to craft a mining laser. turtles are way cheaper, but not as satisfying as bringing a inventory full of IC2 dynamite. :cool:

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
tell that to him, being invincible, flying and having a vajra doesn't mean you are in creative, as everyone said above, you need more stuff than just that.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
tell that to him, being invincible, flying and having a vajra doesn't mean you are in creative, as everyone said above, you need more stuff than just that.

Sure feels like it. Aside from the free blocks (and by the time you can build a gravichest typicall you have no shortage on any material) it's pretty much creative mode.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
You know, if you don't like it, don't build it...

I personally don't get that "pretty much creative mode" that keeps popping out.
A long time ago, it was with jet packs and drill from IC2, now it's with their upgrades.

You still need a big storage room, a lot of machines, and a ton of power, if you want to continue to play.
Because after that, there are still challenges in the world (the hydra comes to mind), and I am sure there are tons of machines left for you to discover, contraptions to build...

Oh, and you can still build cool buildings, and still have to have the materials.

Ok, those tools are very powerful, but they eat power, and have a high enough cost to make it an endgame goal.
Unless you abuse on glitches and/or bugs, they take an insane amount of resources and time to build too.
It's the reward for having built all those machines and generators up until now. You are still free not to use them, and even not to make them, if you feel like the reward is too big for you.

Reactions: Dravarden

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
You know, if you don't like it, don't build it...

Oh, we haven't heard that one before...

That's not the point. I'm not saying it should be removed or whatever, but a gravichest + vajra costs a LONG time to build but in return it pretty much gives you godmode. I mean, bosses like the Hydra and the Wither are suddenly complete pushovers. If you wear one and don't feel it's like creative mode, well, then you proably never tried creative mode. Aside from the unlimited blocks it's exactly the same.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, we haven't heard that one before...

That's not the point. I'm not saying it should be removed or whatever, but a gravichest + vajra costs a LONG time to build but in return it pretty much gives you godmode. I mean, bosses like the Hydra and the Wither are suddenly complete pushovers. If you wear one and don't feel it's like creative mode, well, then you proably never tried creative mode. Aside from the unlimited blocks it's exactly the same.

I can kill the wither with air and the warded blocks research of thaumcraft. Then those warded blocks are godmode then, according to you.

And nope, flying and quickly destroying blocks ain't creative.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
And nope, flying and quickly destroying blocks ain't creative.

I said it feels like creative, that's my opinion, nothing more. And I am very happy flying around in my gravichest. I don't really use my Vajra much because I tend to destroy stuff I did not plan to :)

Reactions: Confidential1207

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
You could even say that it is better that creative, because you can fly much faster with the right gear too.

But there is also the fact that, in creative, creepers won't try to blow you up, slimes won't bother you, ghasts won't shoot all over the place...
Sure, that won't kill you, but it is annoying as hell when you are working on something.

I completely get that you are saying that it ruins the challenge, and god-mode is a good way to put it, because you kill everything fast, and are very hard to kill, even with poison/whither.
But creative mode still has things you can't have with those, that's why there is always the arguing when this comes into the discussion.

But anyway, it's that discussion again, right?
The one about what is "overpowered" and what is not, and how it differs for each single person.

Those tools are designed to be the top tier, the goal, and they give very high power as a result.
You are free to see them as "too powerful", because yes, I don't see how you could do more than that.

Reactions: Antice