Updated mods?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Glowstrontium

Jul 29, 2019
That's my point exactly, while I personally don't see myself using many of the items Gregtech adds, the thing that I think annoys most people (myself included) about it is the fact that it alters many recipies for both other mods and vanilla, and as such you are forced to do things the Gregtech way. As long as it's set to be unobtrusive most people probably won't even notice it's there.

LazDude2012

Jul 29, 2019
Think of it this way. Thermal Expansion takes Buildcraft to a whole new level, but if you want, you can do everything the vanilla BC way. Gregtech not only changes around IC2, but my beloved vanilla as well.

Lolinder

Jul 29, 2019
In my opinion, many of the GregTech config options should be turned off. I want blocks of materials without compressing them. :mad:

However, I really like the changed solar panel recipe. It makes it far more interesting to get to the mid-level IC2 power gen.

LazDude2012

Jul 29, 2019
I hated it, as I was recording for my very first youtube video, and the new GT recipe made me look like an idiot. Also, it requires a centrifuge to use, which requires power, which is why I was making solars in the first place. Grr.

Dragonfel

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, a happy medium.

My point exactly, no reason to remove the mod. Just change the default values so it's not intrusive. Sorry to hear about your youtube mishap, hopefully it doesn't put you off from making a bad ass lightning rod!

LordDeTracy

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed the FTB pack includes extra bees, but ingame... i cant seem to find or search through the NEI for any of the new hives listed in the ExtraBees mod.

LazDude2012

Jul 29, 2019
You realise the chances of said lightning rod actually being hit aren't worth the minerals it takes to construct, and plus, I've disabled weather in my world?

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
I noticed the FTB pack includes extra bees, but ingame... i cant seem to find or search through the NEI for any of the new hives listed in the ExtraBees mod.
That is probably because we just, as of 10 mins ago, removed extra bees due to it being glitchy.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Sad day. Any idea when it will fixed? My girlfriend loves the beekeeping. (rolls eyes)
Nope, same thing as every single other mod that is not ready yet, we have no idea when it will be ready. But rest assured, when it is, we will add it back in.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. Keeps me headscratching as well. You'd think people would just use one of the multiple options available to configure or disable the mod if they feel so strongly about it...

LazDude2012

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I do, and I must say the FTB launcher is light years ahead of Technic's. (although I kinda liked it showing my character in the launcher). What I'm saying is that, by default, GregTech should be configured to not mess with IC2 or vanilla. At all.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I do, and I must say the FTB launcher is light years ahead of Technic's. (although I kinda liked it showing my character in the launcher). What I'm saying is that, by default, GregTech should be configured to not mess with IC2 or vanilla. At all.

I agree, and they are much closer to this with the current version. Most of the expensive recipes were changed to false. Things that remain are relatively minor, though some might still find them annoying. Solar Panel still uses the GT recipe, you still need to use the rolling machine for Advanced Alloy, and you need to use the Compressor for most storage blocks. However, the macerator no longer requires 3 diamonds, etc.

LazDude2012

Jul 29, 2019
Hopefully, they'll change all that, too. I just disable GT, but hey. If it was changed to not mess with my beloved IC2 or vanilla, I'd keep it enabled, maybe cause some havoc with it.