[Unleashed ] Starter Map - Cave Style

Reiyano

Jul 29, 2019
Howdy All!

After lurking for ages I decided I'd upload and share my version of a starter map for the Unleashed Pack. I've seen a few great ones but I personally find it more fun/challenging to start in a cave-type home rather than a nice house on a flat area. I left the furnishings and area pretty untouched and basic to prevent the urge to scavenge parts of the house for materials.... Not that I tend to do that or anything.... nope.... not at all....

Any comments or suggestions on improvement are welcome. I know most people hate cave dwelling, but I know there must be a few other weirdos out there.

Please Enable Biomes-o-Plenty for this map!
(Otherwise I have no clue what it'll do but I doubt it'll be pretty.)

Starting Area Features:

- Oil (A small starter supply in the main room of the house, there doesn't seem to be any natural spawns nearby)
- Water Mill power, BattBoxes, and basic Industrial Machines.
- Tinkerers Construct stations and smeltery
- Barrels
- Enchanting Room
- Personal rooms with Private Safes, beds and storage for up to 4 Players. (Designed for LAN play)
- Mine with Spawner and Abandoned Mineshaft w/ Lava Lake access
- Farm, Animal Pen, and bee-keeping area
- Nearby a Large Village and an Orchard Biome

Pictures: (Will add pictures from outside as soon as I can. I keep getting a upload errors for some reason.)

2013-08-19_23.09.31.png

2013-08-19_23.01.11.png

2013-08-19_23.01.19.png

And the download link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r9onw1czv5q26t4/Unleashed Cavedweller.zip

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Ok some of things I noticed:

1: There seems to be 3 sheep but only one cow, intentional? Also there is only one pig

2: I would suggest adding some vines to the bees area

3: In the first two rooms there are double ups of one book in the shelves that need swapping (I'm assuming they are meant to be one player's area)

4: I would add some other basic ores, like copper, tin and aluminium

5: Some double ups for patterns in the pattern chest, I would just add one of everything.

6: Personal Safes? is it linked to the first person to open it or the one who placed it? If it's the latter I'd get rid of them, if the former they are fine.

7: I would have liked to have seen a nice well lit constructed tunnel down to the beginnings of a strip-mine (about layer 5-10)

Other then this, it looks like not a bad starting point

Also my OCD kicks in alot with random stuff on shelves and the disarray of the farms, but that's just me I think

Reactions: goreae

Reiyano

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Yosomith!

I made all the changes you suggested except for the strip mine... I have a bit of an aversion to them for some reason. However, I did extend the natural cave system mine I had and found a very large Mineshaft that goes to lava lake level. I'm hoping that will give the player more access to ore without having to dig around too much.

Personal safes are linked to the first person to use them, not place them according to the wiki.

I also fixed the farm... it was driving me crazy as well.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Well that's why I said I'd like to see, since for me, strip mining is how I start going, no mobs an such, well redownloading and having a look

Edit: ok map looks good, just messed with the watermills for about 10 mins before I came to the conclusion that I just don't understand them but they are fine. I like the fact the tunnel goes past a mob spawner, that's a real nice start.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Ok some of things I noticed:

1: There seems to be 3 sheep but only one cow, intentional? Also there is only one pig

2: I would suggest adding some vines to the bees area

3: In the first two rooms there are double ups of one book in the shelves that need swapping (I'm assuming they are meant to be one player's area)

4: I would add some other basic ores, like copper, tin and aluminium

5: Some double ups for patterns in the pattern chest, I would just add one of everything.

6: Personal Safes? is it linked to the first person to open it or the one who placed it? If it's the latter I'd get rid of them, if the former they are fine.

7: I would have liked to have seen a nice well lit constructed tunnel down to the beginnings of a strip-mine (about layer 5-10)

Other then this, it looks like not a bad starting point

Also my OCD kicks in alot with random stuff on shelves and the disarray of the farms, but that's just me I think
I was seriously about to say all of this. -_-