Twilight Forest

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

CyborgTriceratops

Jul 29, 2019
I found some diamonds, finally, and found what I believe to be a huge hollow hill. Already have 3-4 diamonds back from my 1 diamond investment. I do need to make some better armor, get some better chests, and a bed to keep clearing this place out. The issue is mobs can spawn in mid air and I can't seem to prevent that...

TheQuixote

Jul 29, 2019
Watch were the mobs are dropping from, there's a spawner in the rocks.

Also if you got a raven feather and some blaze powder look into making a magic map. It will point you to all the hills and other POI's

CyborgTriceratops

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen the mobs spawn in mid air, so I'd have to either pump mountain full of water to stop it, or light it all up, even dark air blocks. Either one will take a while.

I do plan on getting a magic map, though I'll need to head into the nether first.

Kinsata

Jul 29, 2019
What will you need from the nether to make the magic map? It's just a raven feather surrounded by paper. :D

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
... then why was it showing as glowstone and blaze powder in NEI?
That's because you're looking at the 1.4.2 recipe in the Beta Pack A while the Torchberry recipe is from the 1.4.5 version included in the Magic World pack. The Blaze Powder recipe was removed in favor of the Torchberries, apparently, some time during the transition from 1.4.2 to 1.4.5.

Reactions: ICountFrom0

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Torchberries are found in any underground area in the Twilight Forest and are easy to find just by looking for the various cave entrances dotting the landscape. They are very common and help keep the subterranean in the similar state of "twilight" to most of the rest of the dimension. Their primary use is as a common and highly efficient source of torches.

Drakt

Jul 29, 2019
Just a quick question as i dont want to look into the twilight forest too much and spoil things, is it possible to "live" there, ie make a workshop, with all machines, still have access to all the ores, certain machines work etc, just like with the overworld?

thanks!

arovin

Jul 29, 2019
Just a quick question as i dont want to look into the twilight forest too much and spoil things, is it possible to "live" there, ie make a workshop, with all machines, still have access to all the ores, certain machines work etc, just like with the overworld?

thanks!

Yes, most of the forest is relatively safe and you are free to make a home anywhere you like. I have seen ores from the other mods in the twilight. I do not think the ground is as deep as the in overworld and it will be harder to find concentrations of ore (still possible but you will have to figure it out on your own if you do not want anything spoiled.)

Solar panels will not be as powerful there and lava is pretty scarce, you will need to use other forms of power.

nukularpower

Jul 29, 2019
Just to note, you don't need to put the fireflies in jars to use them. You can just plonk them down as-is.

I love collecting the cicadas and putting them around my gardens. Nice ambience.

Cescgoal

Jul 29, 2019
Plz tell me why when i go to Twilight forest i run out of memory in 15-30 secs but on overworld and nether it never lag out plz tell me