Transferring FTB save files

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xMuRKaGe, Apr 6, 2013.

1. xMuRKaGe

xMuRKaGe New Member

I was wondering if someone could help me out here. On my computer I had created a FTB world. I needed to get a new hard drive for my computer but did not want to lose my FTB world so I saved it to a memory stick. However now I don't know how to put it back into my saves, can somebody help me out please.
  2. ICountFrom0

ICountFrom0 Well-Known Member

with luck, you copied the entire save folder.
    Without luck you'll be missing so many bits that you'll never salvage most of it.
  3. xMuRKaGe

xMuRKaGe New Member

Yea I managed to get the whole file but I don't really know what to do with it.
  4. ICountFrom0

more then one file, you'd need the entire contents of the save folder (including the NEI sub folder) to be sure you have everything.
  5. xMuRKaGe

xMuRKaGe New Member

Do I need to have the NEI sub-folder?
  6. ICountFrom0

Won't know until you try.

Make a new world with the same name, then drop the files you have in the places with the files that match.
  7. xMuRKaGe

xMuRKaGe New Member

Ok thanks i'll give it a try
  8. xMuRKaGe

xMuRKaGe New Member

Have a small problem, when I click and drag the file it wont let me move it to the FTB save ??? I've put an image showing what it shows.

Attached Files:

9. ICountFrom0

and you are dragging into FTB why?
    find that folder for yourself, on your own computer, and put it there yourself.
  10. Virgoddess

Virgoddess Active Member

Hon, you want to open your actual FTB folder, not the launcher. Then double click on folder of the pack you're using, then mindcraft, then saves - that's where your folder needs to go.