Tips on reducing lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

sondrex76

Jul 29, 2019
When redpower is released, use tubes instead of pipes (better routing, no dropping stuff, less lag), and use regulators to combine stuff into stacks (like dirt/cobble from the quarry)

redpower is MUCh MUCH MUCH laggier then buildcraft in 1.4.7, in 1.2.5 buildcraft lagged more but redpower have not been optimized as much as buildcraft. (the pipes from redpower is a special tile entity witch is laggy and not needed)

sondrex76

Jul 29, 2019
I used to be able to integrate the modpacks into my original .minecraft and that fixed the lag right away, but the latest mindcrack pack won't allow that... I get a Null error.

Had this same problem with the Tekkit launcher.

well if thats your problem i may know whats your problem with lag, i got the same problem i got lag on multimc, ftb launcher and such programs but the normal minecraft launcher did not lag. i found out that my computer was using the internal graphics card instead of the main one...when i made the deafult the real grapichs card the lag dissapeared from multimc and FTB launcher (from 3-5 fps vanilla texturepack to 70-100fps 64xsphax) now if you are using your real grapichs card (sorry for my grammar) i dont know whats your problem.

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
Yesterday, my girlfriend noticed a severe drop in her fps. From 60 to 20. We're not sure what caused it, but it appeared to have taken place after the 1.0.6 update. When we looked into it further, we noticed the version she was using of Java was Java 64bit Version 7 Update 1. I was using Update 9. She did a complete java reinstall to the latest version and her fps doubled without even putting optifine on.

The moral? Always keep your Java up to date.
Rather than post a new topic making the same point (though probably with a less catchy headline), I've decided to have a go at the Dark Arts of Necromancy.

Anyways, I was searching for ways to reduce TPS lag on servers, and I found a confusing exchange about FPS lag. But amid that was this. It made me check my Java version, even though I wasn't getting that orange update alert. (This would otherwise be a rather random and unlikely thing for me to do.) Lo and behold: I was two whole versions behind.

The moral? Always check to see that you're keeping your Java up to date.

ATFY.

darman81

Jul 29, 2019
You said you have your performance on power saver? NEVER have it on power saver.Keep it on max FPS. On power saver it can reduce your cpu usage to 1%.

Status
Not open for further replies.