Thermal Expansion Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone, figured I'd just drop a note here and let people know what's going on with regards to TE and the update status.

I'm on vacation this week and am basically not coding at all. I realize 1.6 is coming up a lot faster than I anticipated, but unfortunately TE just isn't going to be ready anywhere close to release, and I'm not going to stress over it. I do this for fun.

I just have too much going on in my life right now, as does Zeldo, and I'm not promising anything before August.

We have a lot of new stuff in the works and a lot that I'd really like to push out, but frankly at this point I just want to be 1.6 compatible, so we might see a 2.5.x branch before a full on 3.0. Or maybe a 3.0.0.a branch. Just too early to say. The mod has basically been rewritten from the ground up.

As far as BC power system stuff, since that has come up a lot recently - I see nothing that will force me to move away from the BC system. Alternatively, even should I choose to write my own framework, there's nothing preventing me from supporting BC stuff fairly easily.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone, figured I'd just drop a note here and let people know what's going on with regards to TE and the update status.

I'm on vacation this week and am basically not coding at all. I realize 1.6 is coming up a lot faster than I anticipated, but unfortunately TE just isn't going to be ready anywhere close to release, and I'm not going to stress over it. I do this for fun.

I just have too much going on in my life right now, as does Zeldo, and I'm not promising anything before August.

We have a lot of new stuff in the works and a lot that I'd really like to push out, but frankly at this point I just want to be 1.6 compatible, so we might see a 2.5.x branch before a full on 3.0. Or maybe a 3.0.0.a branch. Just too early to say. The mod has basically been rewritten from the ground up.

As far as BC power system stuff, since that has come up a lot recently - I see nothing that will force me to move away from the BC system. Alternatively, even should I choose to write my own framework, there's nothing preventing me from supporting BC stuff fairly easily.

Dont rush yourself, i think most of the community would rather have the mod alot more stable and with more content then instantly.
Im really exicted to see the content you will bring out :D

Reactions: shockwave95

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019

I just started 1.5! Have fun, I don't think anybody here can even be mildly angry with you for leaving. You're great with updating, great with new content, and you're even obliged to tell us when you can't. Take your time, we don't need mules.

Well, I don't think I do.

AliveGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Take your time man, vacations (holidays over here in the UK :p ) are meant to be enjoyed. As you said, it's for fun, people's lives don't exactly depend on the status of TE. It's still awesome that you will be getting it to 1.6 anyhow. Enjoy your hols once again!

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Heck, I'm doing a trans-continental move, so I probably won't be back online before August anyways. Have fun on your vacation, I'll see ya when ya get back.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
KL enjoy your vacation, the game will still be here when you get back, no really it will, tnx for taking the time to let us know now go have fun, & thats an order.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
Hell most of us are still having a blast with 1.5, we only update because of features added in mods, not because we want vanilla stuff.. and even with your holiday, chances are you will be ready long before enough mods are ready to make a switch to 1.6 worthwhile.

LeQwasd

Jul 29, 2019
Can i see somewhere what are you planning to implement in 1.6? I have heard about item cunduits..

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
Can i see somewhere what are you planning to implement in 1.6? I have heard about item cunduits..

I forget where I heard this (it's somewhere in these forums) but I'm pretty sure there will be early game conduits, tiers of energy cells and item conduits ("just for completeness")
Don't take that as gospel though as I can't find a quote (I will look now though)

Status
Not open for further replies.