Thermal Expansion 3.0!!! No More Beta! Thanks KL!

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
tumblr_mvmz9gkekp1s2yegdo1_400.gif

Such a good mod from a great team... but still out of reach D:

Larandar

Jul 29, 2019
Sniff.. I don't want to add that. But if TE provide a way to make redstone like top tier stuff then it's better.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
I'm also assuming the use of Ender IO to connect Combustion with the Quarry implies that RF is not yet finished, i.e. not yet fully supporting MJ suppliers and consumers.

Conduits will never support MJ suppliers unless said suppliers also happen to provide RF. There's a chance that conduits will provide MJ and act as inherent converters, but I'm not fully sold on the idea. It feels a bit disrespectful to BC.

Sniff.. I don't want to add that. But if TE provide a way to make redstone like top tier stuff then it's better.

I'm not saying it'll happen. I'm also not saying it won't happen. ;)

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
:20 second in this video:

How on earth is he putting multiple stacks of 1 cobblestone in there so fast? Is there some type of hold and drag keybind? Surely no one can click ~10 times in .1 seconds. :O

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
How on earth is he putting multiple stacks of 1 cobblestone in there so fast? Is there some type of hold and drag keybind? Surely no one can click ~10 times in .1 seconds. :O

Welcome to vanilla Minecraft, which in fact does offer new useful features every update, regardless of what cynical forumites will tell anyone who cares to listen ;)

New in 1.6:
Hold left + drag: split current stack evenly between all slots passed over
Hold right + drag: place one item from current stack in all slots passed over

I guarantee you, after playing 1.6 and crafting furnaces or chests in half a second with one quick drag over the crafting grid, you will refuse to ever go back to 1.5 again!

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome to vanilla Minecraft, which in fact does offer new useful features every update, regardless of what cynical forumites will tell anyone who cares to listen ;)

New in 1.6:
Hold left + drag: split current stack evenly between all slots passed over
Hold right + drag: place one item from current stack in all slots passed over

I guarantee you, after playing 1.6 and crafting furnaces or chests in half a second with one quick drag over the crafting grid, you will refuse to ever go back to 1.5 again!

This is amazing, and very helpful. Such a small, but incredibly useful feature.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Will there be options in the TE configs to adjust the mod's power balance? Would like to keep TE in line with other mods myself.

Sarda

Jul 29, 2019
Will there be options in the TE configs to adjust the mod's power balance? Would like to keep TE in line with other mods myself.

Please tell me TE isn't part of the new stupid mod fuel balance scheme.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Please tell me TE isn't part of the new stupid mod fuel balance scheme.
As much as I agree that the new system is utter crap for a standard modpack (it works for a GregTech or Hunger Tweaks modpack just not a normal one), TE luckily doesn't rely terribly (read: at all) on fuel for power. IF TE gets steam integration than Solid-Fuel Boilers all the way.

Or it could just ignore the new system entirely. Just because two modders think it's a good idea doesn't mean everyone else has to accept it.

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
What is this mod fuel thing about?
I'm not 100% sure, but I've heard that railcraft and forestry and some other mods have made their fuel burn for for less or whatever. i'm one of those stuck-in-1.4-because-of-redpower nerds, so it doesn't effect me much :p

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Basically liquid fuels are crap and people will abuse tree farms for charcoal even more now. I run 4+ boilers on the average MFR tree farm with 1 dozen cows for fertilizer.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
What is this mod fuel thing about?
Basically, all of the BC family mod liquids (maybe lava too, I dunno) had their overall power nerfed to 1/4th of its 1.5 state. It basically makes liquids a completely nonviable option for power, namely with boilers, next to solids like Charcoal. It would be a great idea to go along with Unhinged or especially Magic Farm, but somebody apparently was deluded into thinking that this was a good idea for default configs.

Oh well. Factorization/MFR+Metallurgy still laughs at every nerf Covert could implement (aside from a nerf so severe it would render his mod completely useless), so we're just forced to [ab]use 2 options instead of 3.