Thermal Expansion 3.0!!! No More Beta! Thanks KL!

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
This has been answered several times in the thread; they are already a planned feature.
Can't wait, the only thing that is constantly making me reconsider not installing IC2 is the Induction Furnace, I hate waiting when I'm in the middle of crafting something and I run out of glass\smoothstone or something ridiculous like that.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Can't wait, the only thing that is constantly making me reconsider not installing IC2 is the Induction Furnace, I hate waiting when I'm in the middle of crafting something and I run out of glass\smoothstone or something ridiculous like that.

Thaumcraft's Infernal Furnace fueld with Ignis or Dartcraft's Force Furnace with a Speed core are also very fast if you're really desperate for some non-IC2 quicksmelting.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Unleashed only? If not, Mekanism's Elite Factory (Smelting) with 8 speed upgrades for x9 speed.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft's Infernal Furnace fueld with Ignis or Dartcraft's Force Furnace with a Speed core are also very fast if you're really desperate for some non-IC2 quicksmelting.
FTB Unleashed only? If not, Mekanism's Elite Factory (Smelting) with 8 speed upgrades for x9 speed.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk
No Dartcraft, no Mekanism (self built heavily magic based pack, TE now counts for me as a magitech mod :D) the infernal furnace could be a good choice, with ignis it fair cooks. I hadn't considered it really probably due to the TC3 incarnation that you really didn't want to use regularly due to it eating your aura and causing flux. Could be a fun project to automate too since I built it in my Thaum room which is at the top of my tower (yeah I could move it but wheres the fun in that?) and my main work room is at the base of the tower with no covers\facades for easy hiding (due to the tower being made of Chisel blocks) of item transport so mirrors\golems it will be.

Sam Cooper

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone worked out how to automate Flux Capacitor insertion into machines? Itemduct won't do it, any ideas?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Note that this is sandstone, wich is much easyer to break then regular stone ;)

but still, I can already see it happening, misclicking with the pickaxe once in my base, and then...

F4Flv5u.jpg

Sam Cooper

Jul 29, 2019
why not just run conduit?
Nothing to run it from as its in a remote location.

The ideal would be to use tesseracts but I don't have those yet due to a lack of enderperals to make them. So I was using remote delivery of capacitors, which I have working, except I can't work out how to insert them automatically.

Sam Cooper

Jul 29, 2019
In theory, you can't, that'd be intended. If you find a mod that circumvents this either intentionally or through poor coding, please let me know so I can be sure to yell at the author.

That's a shame as I though it would be a good mid-level remote power solution until I get to the End to get a reasonable amount of pearls.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Does anyone know why, in earlier versions of TE, items disappeared while they were being processed, but now they do not? What was the reason for diverging from the normal Minecraft mechanic originally, and why was that decision reversed in TE3?

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing to run it from as its in a remote location.

The ideal would be to use tesseracts but I don't have those yet due to a lack of enderperals to make them. So I was using remote delivery of capacitors, which I have working, except I can't work out how to insert them automatically.
I'd suggest a few things.
#1 Go to Ominous woods to hunt endermen with a looting weapon, kill the enderdragron and profit!

#2 Go to a nether fortress, get blaze rods, make ender tanks and setup remote dynamo/fluid energy setup.

Other than that I've got nothing from a pure TE perspective. Ender pearls remain a huge limiting factor with most mods. I approve of it though, despite is annoyance pre-end portal[DOUBLEPOST=1386612096][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm hurt.. no one has faith in the Lite pack :(
I've got fatih in YOU. Does that count for anything?

Sam Cooper

Jul 29, 2019
I'd suggest a few things.
#1 Go to Ominous woods to hunt endermen with a looting weapon, kill the enderdragron and profit!

#2 Go to a nether fortress, get blaze rods, make ender tanks and setup remote dynamo/fluid energy setup.

Other than that I've got nothing from a pure TE perspective. Ender pearls remain a huge limiting factor with most mods. I approve of it though, despite is annoyance pre-end portal

Yeah, I'd come to the same conclusion, however I was surprised it wasn't possible to use the capacitor as it seemed an interesting alternative. Like I said, it seems a shame but not the end of the world.