Thermal Expansion 3.0!!! No More Beta! Thanks KL!

Tybot

Jul 29, 2019
I think adding another tier to make the itemduct move stacks or perhaps an upgrade like how extra-util's transfer nodes are like.

I would think the upgrade would have to come at the inventory connections, else you would have to make it so ducts of a different tier couldn't connect to each other. Or you could get inventive and say you can move stacks at a time but items move much slower, and upgrading to glowstone ducts mitigates the speed penalty significantly.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
the power to move items in AE is next to nothing compared to the power required to pulverise/smelt lead, pulverise obsidian, and induction smelt them together. Plus whatever other material is going to be needed alongside the hardened glass... the op arguments are not only premature, they're also pretty silly.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
The original OP.
opie.jpg

Or was that Opie ... Anyow Ron Howard for the win!

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Playing around with a terrain generator mod today, I developed a spontaneous craving for CoFH Core in order to tinker custom ore generation to match the new terrain :p

I don't suppose that might be ready earlier than Thermal Expansion proper...? *crosses fingers, makes hopeful eyes at King Lemming*

Reactions: SonOfABirch

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Playing around with a terrain generator mod today, I developed a spontaneous craving for CoFH Core in order to tinker custom ore generation to match the new terrain :p

I don't suppose that might be ready earlier than Thermal Expansion proper...? *crosses fingers, makes hopeful eyes at King Lemming*

If you know how to navigate the configs of Metallurgy 3 to get ride of the fluff, it's a viable alternative. Just not for the average user.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I see TE3, BC, and Ender IO.

What mod are those 55-gallon oil drums on top of the combustion engines from ?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I want to know what that box is at the left hand side, that isn't connected to the conduit.

I think that's just a normal TE machine, sitting on the ground. The perspective makes it look as if it's hovering next to the itemduct (not a conduit).

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
So...ExtraUtilities oil drum, oil-powered combustion, cooled by water from below, powering a BC quarry via Ender IO conduits.

Output is fed into a (IronChest ? Strongbox ?) chest. It looks like a new TE3 ItemDuct network pulls it from there, and into ye olde pulvs and furnaces. Power for TE3 ore processors is from RF conduits powered by Magmatic Engines from an OpenBlocks lava tank.

The question I have is : How do the ItemDucts know where to route the ores, pulverized material, and the finished ingots ?

Perhaps there's a filtering/routing/sorting right-click or shift+right-click mechanic going on that's not obvious from this screenshot.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I'm also assuming the use of Ender IO to connect Combustion with the Quarry implies that RF is not yet finished, i.e. not yet fully supporting MJ suppliers and consumers.

I do like the use of Ender IO, though. Much nicer and less laggy than BC pipes, IMHO.