Thermal Expansion 3.0!!! No More Beta! Thanks KL!

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Well, bees are content from another mod. They're neither part of vanilla Minecraft nor of Thermal Expansion, so there's little reason to support them out of the box.

A better question would be: how easy or hard is it for other mod authors to make their own special item ducts and add them in? Buildcraft made this easy, and several modders (including Sengir) took advantage of this. But Buildcraft has a different development model, and the item pipe feature as such is implemented differently.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I know, it's just that I'm addicted to bees and well always end up using BC pipes for these as AE just doesn't do it right. It's cool though I'll persevere, there's nothing wrong with using BC pipes it's just .. well ... these would look much nicer :D

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I'm with you, b0bst3er. I gotta have my Apiarist pipe ! More addictive than a crack pipe.

My usual Alveary setup is 1x Wooden w/Autarchic, 1x Apiarist, 1x Ender Chest. I currently use AE Basic Export bus to keep the frames filled. Looks better than LP, IMHO. But, would be nice to try itemducts if it could work efficiently.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I rather they do not connect directly with each other so you can work all of them into a same sorting system but not having them mingle when you do not want them to. Plus, I still do like BC just for facade, gates and pipe wires.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Well not wishing to hijack this thread but I just got extra utils pipes working on apiaries so in theory so long as item ducts have a form or iron/directional pipe they should work too.

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I know, it's just that I'm addicted to bees and well always end up using BC pipes for these as AE just doesn't do it right. It's cool though I'll persevere, there's nothing wrong with using BC pipes it's just .. well ... these would look much nicer :D

Apiarist pipes aren't the only items that can be used to automate bees. I demoed in a video how to do it with Translocators.

On topic, this look great, and I can't wait to see more. I am super excited about the changes coming in TE.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
R.I.P. RP2 Tubes. This is, in a word, brilliant.

Questions:
-Could we possibly get a look at some new power gen or machines, if you made any?
-What would be the chances of MPS, AE and MFR working with Redstone Flux?
-Will there be any extreme power producers, (i.e. boilers, HV solars)?

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
R.I.P. RP2 Tubes. This is, in a word, brilliant.

Questions:
-Could we possibly get a look at some new power gen or machines, if you made any?
-What would be the chances of MPS, AE and MFR working with Redstone Flux?
-Will there be any extreme power producers, (i.e. boilers, HV solars)?

Machines are changing a bit, but nothing "new" offhand. An automated Lexicon might make it in. We'll see. Currently we have 3 dynamos - Steam, Magmatic, Compression.

Yes, yes, and yes, respectively to those mods.

No extreme power producers at this point - the mod just doesn't use quite enough power to justify it at this time. We'd prefer to scale energy production and consumption possibilities at the same time.

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
Machines are changing a bit, but nothing "new" offhand. An automated Lexicon might make it in. We'll see. Currently we have 3 dynamos - Steam, Magmatic, Compression.

Yes, yes, and yes, respectively to those mods.

No extreme power producers at this point - the mod just doesn't use quite enough power to justify it at this time. We'd prefer to scale energy production and consumption possibilities at the same time.

The more I hear and see, the more I love it. Hmm ... one question, I guess. With those three mods being able to utilize RF as a power source I don't even know if I'll have much use for MJ once TE is out. The sole remainder, I think, would be the Extra Bees/Extra Trees machines. Do you think there is any likelihood of those mods accepting RF?

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, in reference to that Q&A video..
if an input duct is considered "stuffed" will there be a visual indicator of this? like maybe the texture of it changes to black?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, in reference to that Q&A video..
if an input duct is considered "stuffed" will there be a visual indicator of this? like maybe the texture of it changes to black?

^this, it'd be nice if the itemducts could have some diverse texturing for all the functions and states

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
There will be sorting. ATM, facades and multipart are not supported. We'd like to support FMP, but it's still a bit buggy. Facades are something we'll look into, but we'll likely roll our own version there if we go that route.

KingLemming, you really should consider speaking with CrazyPants about the possibility of TE3 piping and 'ducts supporting Painted Facades from Ender IO. I think those would really go well with Thermal Expansion, in general.

Skullywag

Jul 29, 2019
I love CrazyPants and EnderIO, the facades in his mod are brilliant and allowing you to see the pipes in them when holding certain items is genious. I agree 100% with the poster above, if you dont use them directly at least check them out to give you ideas as they are very well done.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
I've been waiting for a good, intuitive, replacement for the (admittedly laggy and somewhat buggy) RP2 tubes, BC pipes just never seemed to be as "nice", personal preference most likely there but these look to be shaping up to be that replacement. (that they are part of one of my favorite mods for clean, useful builds, is just icing on the cake)

Reactions: shockwave95

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Buggy and laggy? A lot of things in RP2 spammed unecessary block updates, relays and red alloy wire among them... but pneumatic tubes by themselves where neither abnormally laggy nor bugged.