The Unofficial FTB Infinity Evolved Recipe Suggestion Thread

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
So, I feel we need one of these. If I shouldn't be making this, just lock it, no further drama needed. Also, tagging @tfox83 so if he wants, he can look at everybody's ideas. Allow me to kick off this thread.

First, I think that we need a magical way of getting 4 planks from a log/2 sticks from a plank. Seems like something easily missed as tech is much more popular than magic, but I feel it needs remedying. So, how about throwing a log in a Portal to Alfheim does this? It seems about right tier-wise.

My second idea is a bit more... complicated. I've noticed the Angel Ring's recipe is a jetpack rather than a ring. So, I've put together an alternate recipe idea that I think works better than the current for what it is. I've kept most components and added a few more, but the real change is the shape. A few notes:
  1. I've used the Fairy Wings as my example simply because that is the only recipe with more than one component added. The others will use whatever material (glass, feathers, leather, gold nuggets) instead of both Pink and Purple dyes.
  2. The Diamond Blocks in this recipe are actually Mana Diamond blocks. Hard to distinguish.
ytqwHbd.png

Now, post away!

Last edited:
Reactions: Conznes

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
The alchemist catalyst already changes logs into other types of logs, but I do agree with you that wood should be able to produce at least 4 planks with magic. Also food as well.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
The alchemist catalyst already changes logs into other types of logs, but I do agree with you that wood should be able to produce at least 4 planks with magic. Also food as well.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk
Oh, okay. Not sure what the alternatives are. Maybe Alfheim portal?

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
A few quick recipes for the ExU generators. Lava seems like an obvious cut, but the Pink Generator seems like an early-game power source. Made a recipe for it that involves Botany clay cause why not. Also, the Potions Generator has a recipe that I came up with.
screen-shot-2015-11-07-at-9-28-51-pm-png.24428
screen-shot-2015-11-07-at-9-05-29-pm-png.24431

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-07 at 9.28.51 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 211
  • Screen Shot 2015-11-07 at 9.05.29 PM.png
    903.1 KB · Views: 199

Conznes

Jul 29, 2019
Thumbs up for making this thread Fortanono - it's good to have a place to discuss the expert recipes.

I always thought the portable tank from TE was too cheap, even in vanill- uh, normal mode. It makes a huge difference for the use of tinker's smeltery, and is cheaper than all the other portable tanks. I'm reluctant to suggest it should need more copper though - I haven't played expert yet, but I've always felt like I was running short on copper in the past, and I can't imagine expert would make that any better... having the tank at least need a copper plate, instead of just ingot, seems decent enough, and fitting with the bucket also needing plates.

I'd also like to cast my vote for a late-game recipe for lava generators. Maybe I'd like having my base powered by them after I've tried all the other things, because I just like the look/feel of it. Or because I need something to do with all of ti after terraforming the nether with the enderthermic pump... In general, I'm a big non-fan of making anything *impossible* to get, especially after you've achieved so much as you're going to if you work your way through expert mode. This is Infinity, the pack that pretty much, by definition, has it all. So please, pack devs, rather than making anything impossible to craft, add at least a late-game recipe.

jolli86

Jul 29, 2019
I was actually thinking the same thing yesterday Conznes in relation to the portable tanks from TE. The recipes are quite cheap, even in when not in Evolved. Especially in relation to how useful they are in conjunction with a Smeltery. But copper is a real pain to get until later in the game (when you get to automated mining) so I would also be hesitant about adding more copper to the recipe lol.

Conznes

Jul 29, 2019
I was actually thinking the same thing yesterday Conznes in relation to the portable tanks from TE. The recipes are quite cheap, even in when not in Evolved. Especially in relation to how useful they are in conjunction with a Smeltery. But copper is a real pain to get until later in the game (when you get to automated mining) so I would also be hesitant about adding more copper to the recipe lol.

Maybe it'd be good with iron bars in the corners, four glass and a copper plate in the middle.
could also instead of adding iron bars, exchange the glass in the recipe for hardened glass, but I think maybe that's a little too hardcore, needing yet another machine for something that really helps make mid-early game run more smoothly. Though it'd be fitting thematically, I think, with it being a portable, upgradable tank.

jolli86

Jul 29, 2019
I like the first idea. I did think of hardened glass too, but I thought it was maybe a bit too far down the tech tree for something that holds 8 buckets of fluid. Also the next tier requires requires the hardened glass as well.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
A few quick recipes for the ExU generators. Lava seems like an obvious cut, but the Pink Generator seems like an early-game power source. Made a recipe for it that involves Botany clay cause why not. Also, the Potions Generator has a recipe that I came up with.
screen-shot-2015-11-07-at-9-28-51-pm-png.24428
screen-shot-2015-11-07-at-9-05-29-pm-png.24431

The Pink Generator produces 1RF/t, it's still rather pointless making it even if you want to devote an absurd amount of resources to making a 64x version! If you want slow RF that you'll never really use maybe a Pink Generator has some sort of use, but mainly I found it was too much trouble to set one up for a measly 1RF/t. If I want any kind of Extra Utilities generator, I want Furnace Generator, Culinary Generator, or better. :D

There's reasons they haven't changed or altered the Extra Utilities Generator recipes in Evolved, namely the fact that they are already quite expensive and don't need changing! ;-)

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
The Pink Generator produces 1RF/t, it's still rather pointless making it even if you want to devote an absurd amount of resources to making a 64x version! If you want slow RF that you'll never really use maybe a Pink Generator has some sort of use, but mainly I found it was too much trouble to set one up for a measly 1RF/t. If I want any kind of Extra Utilities generator, I want Furnace Generator, Culinary Generator, or better. :D

There's reasons they haven't changed or altered the Extra Utilities Generator recipes in Evolved, namely the fact that they are already quite expensive and don't need changing! ;-)

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Idea: Make it from a different material like Chisel's Woolen Clay, and then remove the Energy Nodes from the multiplies recipes, so if you have enough resources, you can easily get 64RF/t.

K

Kierado

I really like the idea of adding a Magma Crucible recipe for molten metals: IE mid to late game gear crafting. Honestly I think this won't altar much if any of the game progression that they are going for.

Also Fortanono perhaps on your proposed recipe you could add arcane levitators, Aether from BM, and possibly demon shards? Just a thought.

Last edited:

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
I really like the idea of adding a Magma Crucible recipe for molten metals: IE mid to late game gear crafting. Honestly I think this won't altar much if any of the game progression that they are going for.

Also Fortanono perhaps on your proposed recipe you could add arcane levitators, Aether from BM, and possibly demon shards? Just a thought.
Maybe.

Honestly, I'm quite surprised that the Ring doesn't have a Flugel Tiara added to it.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Hey, I just had an idea: There are a LOT of major time sinks in IE, but what if you could avoid them by taking a trip to the good ole Twilight Forest? It could work as an alternate way to get higher up on the tech tree, also allowing you to skip time sinks like the Resonant Machine Frame and Pure Certus Quartz Crystal. The balance would be that you could pretty commonly die there, but hey, adventuring is more fun than waiting around, right?