The new EE3 aludel

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Yay, now we can sit and drool over it while Pahimar sits and chuckles at us as we wait for Dire's video that was recorded 4 days ago to come out and explain how it works.

Then he'll probably miss something and we'll have to wait a month for a spotlight because nobody will catch the thing he forgot about.

Reactions: tehBlobLord

RandomMoped

Popular Member
Nov 17, 2012
Somewhere on the internet
Yay, now we can sit and drool over it while Pahimar sits and chuckles at us as we wait for Dire's video that was recorded 4 days ago to come out and explain how it works.

Then he'll probably miss something and we'll have to wait a month for a spotlight because nobody will catch the thing he forgot about.

lol thanks downer dan

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
He's more of a Realistic guy.
Or the Cynic.
But what the heck, he's still preety good.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Pahimar, as far as I know is against Greg so let's see how that pans out.

EE3 appears to be a lot more alchemical.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
what does the alude do?
As far as I know, looks great with a glass bell on it. That may actually be all it does currently to boot, since it needs ashes(which you can't get legit), a item to consume, and generic fuel. Well, really, that IS all it does because it's unfinished and doesn't work. So get a alude and a glass bell, and put the bell on the alude. The room's feng shui is complete! This totally was worth it.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
He makes things that stray from what most of us want, like the central idea of EE and transmutation, and goes into dusts and machines and tiers. #ihopeXenomakesEE4

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
He makes things that stray from what most of us want, like the central idea of EE and transmutation, and goes into dusts and machines and tiers. #ihopeXenomakesEE4

Modders don't make things for you. First of all, you're weird, second of all they make it for themselves and if other people happen to enjoy it, then all the better.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Modders don't make things for you. First of all, you're weird, second of all they make it for themselves and if other people happen to enjoy it, then all the better.

lolololol that's been said many times, we know. never said they make things for me. I'm saying that i don't rather like the direction the mod is going currently. But I am interested to see what it's for. But trust me, this isn't the first time I've heard that, "modders are people too and you cant boss them around omg you oppressive SOB"

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Uh, who said he's straying from what we want? What I want is more alchemical things.

Which is what he's adding.

He'll get around to EMC and such.

Jul 29, 2019

Actually that's not true, most modders generally want their mods to gain popularity, and therefore if a large amount of people oppose a change, it generally won't happen. With EE3, all he's trying to do is make a new, more interesting alternative to the straightforward and plain progression of EE2. Though development seems to be going quite slow due to ?????, forcing us to wait to see how it develops, the fact that the philosophers stone (and its accessible form, the minium stone) is still in shows that he is trying to keep what people liked, while removing the annoying fluff everyone didn't. I personally like how he's fleshing out the mod from the 'Grind resources and once you get X amount total you get Y' it used to be.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Actually that's not true, most modders generally want their mods to gain popularity, and therefore if a large amount of people oppose a change, it generally won't happen. With EE3, all he's trying to do is make a new, more interesting alternative to the straightforward and plain progression of EE2.

Only a very shallow person would design things due to mob approval or not. Pahimar is definitely not such a developer, as the easiest way to get the most approval is to continue EE2 as it was. Both Pahimar and Xeno are on record as EE2 being horribly OP and not fun, and Pahimar is making a mod that's fun for him.

Developers do, on the other hand, listen to rational complaints and thus can and generally will adjust things in response to such discussion. It's far from the mob rule you propose in "if a large amount of people oppose a change"

Also, you're a complete derp face for a 3 month thread resurrection.

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
Not to mention by what info I have gleaned out of Pahimar's commentary on DW20 videos, development is going so slow because he's accomplishing some EXTREMELY challenging programming. Including things like letting EE3 interpret what mods are installed, potential effects, and catching possible exploits in order to adjust EE3 recipes accordingly. Think blaze rod maceration, which would be fixed.

It is easy for a person to do, but a program needs some crazy math stuff to do it. Bonus is it may be modified into Thaumcraft by Azanor as Pahimar was talking about sharing whatever the heck he's doing to help TC element values on items go dynamic, instead of the current "by hand" approach.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
I'm excited about the above information for Thaumcraft, but as it stands EE is STILL going to be banned on half of servers. Seriously, people think Minium Stone alone is OP.

I think it'd be kinda funny to see how many important mods have been completely written during EE3 dev.