Thaumcraft Research Helper, Webbrowser and Windows version available.

chinchill

Jul 29, 2019
Intro:

H
ey guys, just a few days ago, i had to make some thing in thaumcraft for my personal needs - unfortunately I was on hangover and passed after one single research
635356669595167032.png
Since it was my 10+x time i had to make thaumcraft from scratch i told myself that i need something to help me brain-off and get past it. And there it is, after few hours of thinking i made algorithm for my program, and got all thing together, so Thaumcraft 4.1 is walk in the park for now

Update 30.0.3.2016: Released application with support for all modern browsers, ( internet explorer is far from modern ;) ) available at http://chinchill.ga

Update 30.05.2015: changelog:
  • Added tooltips for compound aspects
  • Added automatic Tier calculating for use with new plugin feature
  • Added plugin feature - now it's possible to create Your own aspects with custom icons - learn more by pressing Add version in dropdown menu, and check out example
there is little bug that will crash application if You declare aspect with undeclared compound.

Update 29.11.2014: changelog:
  • Added advanced search mode - now every search result can be sorted based on complexity of chain, for example if there will be chain made with tier 7 aspect and chain made from tier 1 aspects, tier 1 will be sorted first, based of tier sum. It is also possible to add weight to desired aspect, so we can avoid chains with f.e. Ordo.
    635356669595017022.png
  • Added Likes counter - just for fun, there is counter that show how much peoples left Like for me :)
  • Added graphical appearance for selected aspects.
  • Help button will contain instructions in next update.

Update 27.11.2014:
Program now supports Thaumcraft 4.1 AND 4.2. Enjoy
if You need some more setups, maybe with plugins, feel free to request. i will try to add every possible combination
635356669596273706.png

changelog:
  • Now also supports thaumcraft 4.2
  • Rebuild program so it will be more update friendly == asap updates!
    clear.png
  • there is now possibility to choose version.
  • added notification about empty results.
  • Icons now are generated automatically(main thing that keepd me away from updating it
    clear.png
    )

USAGE:
select Your version of thaumcraft from list in upper right corner, then select with left or right mouse buttons aspect You desire to connect, then click FIND! button and expect list of results. You can change deepth of scanning (bigger values may take more time to find out all connections) and minimum number of steps.

example of use:
e2dUVIa.png

cMB7xTl.png

MeBdgDE.png

sG7pMWW.png

Fast way of discovering all aspects, by KaosK:
If you quickly want access to all the aspects, but don't want to combine aspects in the research table (unless it's really necessary), then follow these Guidelines.
First, research these in order:
    1. Torch --> Lux
    2. Stone, Cobble --> Saxum
    3. Coal --> Potenia
    4. Bedrock, Bowl --> Vacuos
    5. Research: (Aqua + Terra) --> Victus
    6. Seeds --> Granum
    7. Gras --> Herba
    8. any Wood --> Arbor
    9. Trapdoor --> Motus
    10. Iron Ingot, Ore --> Metallum
    11. Potion of weakness --> Mortuus & Praecantatio

• or alternatively:
      • Research: (Victus + Perditio) --> Mortuus
      • Mossy Cobble, Chiseled Sandst. --> Praecantatio
    1. Chicken --> Volatus & Bestia
    2. Soul Sand --> Spiritus & Vinculum
    3. Paper --> Cognito
    4. Rotten Flesh --> Humanus & Corpus
    5. Flint --> Instrumentum
    6. Wool --> Fabrico & Pannus
    7. Cake (Item) --> Fames, Messis & Sano

• or alternatively:
      • Apple --> Fames & Messis
      • Milk Bucket --> Sano (not a requirement for other aspects)
  1. Obsidian --> Tenebrae
Then research these (no particular order necessary):
    • Snow, Ice --> Gelum
    • Blaze, Obsidian Totem --> Alienis
    • Diamond --> Lucrum & Vitreus

• or alternatively:
      • Gold Ingot --> Lucrum
      • Glas --> Vitreus
    • Slime --> Limus
    • Fence Gate --> Machina & Iter
    • Ethereal Essence --> Auram
    • Zombie, Skellington --> Exanimis
    • Spider Eye --> Venenum, --> Sensus
    • Any Hoe, Farmland --> Meto
    • Arrow --> Telum
    • Leather, any Armor --> Tutamen
    • Any Pickaxe --> Perfodio
    • Tainted Goo --> Vitium
    • Research: (Aer + Aqua) --> Tempestas
    Anybody (who sees some value in these guidelines) is free to include them in their own Guide, repost them, or do whatever they want with it.

Link for first version and virustotal:
direct link:

Installer with automatic updater:
http://chinchill.tk/

feel free to post virus scans. i decided to go for clickonce application, and it doesnt offer me that functionality.

Screen:
47fjf4.jpg

Last edited:

chinchill

Jul 29, 2019
also, I compiled it to .net 4.0 - so it should work on any windows from now on.
Next thing im going to do is to make some checkboxes for adding aspects from magic bees and forbidden magic. Also would be nice to have Youtube tutorial hook up under help button...

chinchill

Jul 29, 2019
This night I expirienced major issues with free hosting, so I moved on to commercial one, link in main post updated, hope You enjoy!

chinchill

Jul 29, 2019
I don't understand, why there are so much hate talking - some peoples already found it useful, helpful time saver...

example of use:
e2dUVIa.png

cMB7xTl.png

MeBdgDE.png

sG7pMWW.png

chinchill

Jul 29, 2019
it finds all possible connections between 2 aspects, so user doesn't have to remember every connection, and can choose from variety of possibilities, that normally he wouldn't even think of - so in the end whole process takes much less time, and aspects are distributed in more efficient time. I hope it's clear enough now.

PrinnyCastGrover

Jul 29, 2019
Really. Thank you god for this. I'm sick and tired of Azanor's shit when it comes to major changes to this mod every other month. There's no point in even checking let's plays for thaumcraft since he's changing stuff around since this version came out.

Kerby Stoudt

Jul 29, 2019
Um, I'm hesitant to run this program. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea. However, I went to run the installer and I got a few warnings. First, I get the typical unknown source warning. Then, Windows SmartScreen popped up a blue band accross my monitor (Windows 8) and told me it really doesn't trust this. Thus my hesitation.

PrinnyCastGrover

Jul 29, 2019
It's safe. I'm using it right now. Windows 8 likes to whine like vista sometimes. The way it installs is kinda bizarre but still all good.

Last edited:

chinchill

Jul 29, 2019
I hate windows 8 :( clickOnce applications are installed in user appdata, because its space where typically it doesnt ask for permissions etc. funny how its easy in terms of accepting Potentially unwanted Programs, and fires all sorts of protection versus simple windows form applications :|