Testing HQM Map-It is not complete

Jed566

Jul 29, 2019
Ok guys, I am going to try to get my pack to be a private pack hidden behind a code wall. Unfortunately one of the requirements for this is cover art. I, having no artistic talent call out to you my friends. I need someone to PM me about this, of course if i cant get it we can continue to do it manually.

note: the splash image would need to be 420x200 pixels and the logo would need to be 42x42

Jed566

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, do you think it would just be a horrible idea to give a thaumic cheat sheet as an early reward in the thaumcraft quests?

Emitt54321

Jul 29, 2019
If by cheat sheet you mean the creative book with all the recipes then yes, it would be a horrible idea. You'd be better off changing the recipe config to easy if you don't want people to play the research mini-game.

Jed566

Jul 29, 2019
If by cheat sheet you mean the creative book with all the recipes then yes, it would be a horrible idea. You'd be better off changing the recipe config to easy if you don't want people to play the research mini-game.
Ah i thought that was a thing Jaded had made for her map, didn't realize it was a actual thing in thaumcraft.

Note: keepInventory in on because i was testing something and had to log off quickly and then forgot, please turn that off I have kept cheat mode on while we are so early in testing for this reason. When it is closer to being finished I will turn it off via NBT explorer.

Emitt54321

Jul 29, 2019
Huh, I haven't died yet so I didn't notice the keepinventory thing. While I'm here, did you intend for OpenBlocks Elevators to consume XP? Most people turn this off, and I've done so on my end for now, was just curious.

Also, what's stopping a person from nerd polling to the surface and living up there? You have a quest for us to make an animal spawning patch, but even if the water went to height 256 you could still make a room with grass underwater to achieve this. It's a bit too simple to avoid the main mechanic of the map ATM.

Reactions: goreae

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
It's my understanding that for private packs, the art doesn't have to be particularly good, it just needs to be art. So have something I made that's bad in a good way.
underTheSea.png

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Huh, I haven't died yet so I didn't notice the keepinventory thing. While I'm here, did you intend for OpenBlocks Elevators to consume XP? Most people turn this off, and I've done so on my end for now, was just curious.

Also, what's stopping a person from nerd polling to the surface and living up there? You have a quest for us to make an animal spawning patch, but even if the water went to height 256 you could still make a room with grass underwater to achieve this. It's a bit too simple to avoid the main mechanic of the map ATM.
I'd have to agree. If the water went to the max, you could still clear out an area of water to get sunlight. At that point, you need to work to get the sun, not just pole or angel block.

Jed566

Jul 29, 2019

Yeah i meant to keep it on. It encourage uses of different elevators. I thought you need sunlight for them to spawn or do you just need light?

It's my understanding that for private packs, the art doesn't have to be particularly good, it just needs to be art. So have something I made that's bad in a good way.
View attachment 12598

That art is fantastic Gor, the issue is it is to big and when i resize it compress incorrectly, I need 420x200 and 42x42 according to this http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/3rd-party-modpack-guidelines.18250/

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius

Jed566

Jul 29, 2019
flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg

I'll get right on that. The iimage I posted before is 640x640, which is my standard avatar size.
Just saying I have a guy on another forum making one as well so if yours amuses me more than his has quality will be the deciding factor on which i use :p

Emitt54321

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah i meant to keep it on. It encourage uses of different elevators. I thought you need sunlight for them to spawn or do you just need light?

Animals just need light to spawn, not sunlight. The trick for maps like this is the height you build the room at. If you build it too low you'll get loads of slimes which will screw with animal spawning.

Jed566

Jul 29, 2019
Animals just need light to spawn, not sunlight. The trick for maps like this is the height you build the room at. If you build it too low you'll get loads of slimes which will screw with animal spawning.
So in the book where should i tell them to build it? After I world edit the world into water

Emitt54321

Jul 29, 2019
It would have to be above height level 40, as below that height is viable slime spawning territory. It wouldn't be much of an issue, except the map is pretty much designed like a flat world, save for water instead of air.

Jed566

Jul 29, 2019
Ok guys, I am replacing every air block in the game with water ATM using MC edit. While I am waiting i came up with two ideas 1: Replacing all dirt blocks in the game with sand(this I am doing the next I am putting up to you guys) 2: replacing all sand and dirt blocks with sandstone this would make starting up quite a bit harder... what do you think, does taking away the sand make it to much like agrarian skies? In any case the dirt will go away I am leaving it up to you guys to determine sand or sandstone[DOUBLEPOST=1413507558,1408852055][/DOUBLEPOST]HELLO, everybody! I have finally returned! due to catastrophic laptop failure I have MIA for a few months, as such I have made absolutely zero progress since the last update. I have decided to finish all quest chains i have planned ATM then update a beta version. Sorry for the absence -Jed