TerraFirma+ [TFC] [HQM] [MineTweaked] [WIP]

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
I'm working on a TFC HQM pack, inspired by Genrikb's Sticks and Stones. The goal is to make a enjoyable walk through quest line taking a complete noob from stone to red-steel. For more experienced players there will be hoarding quests similar to AS for rewards and reward bags.

The pack will have multiple other mods that have been extensively minetweaked to work with TerraFirmaCraft resources. XU is a goal along with some aesthetics mods like chisel and carpenters blocks. So far I have most of the beginners progress done.

At the moment the quests walk a player through up to forges and anvils. I still have a lot of progress to be made, but want to receive feedback and mod addition ideas from the community.

Mod list-

TerraFirmaCraft 0.79 1.7.10
TFC Addons- Lanterns, Water Skin
Carpenters Blocks
Dynamic Lights
Jabba
SuperCraftingFrame
MineTweaker
ModTweaker
Custom Stuff 2
IronChests
DecoCraft
+ a bunch of client side mods such as NEI with TFC integration, Inv tweaks with custom TFC fixes, Waila, and JM with custom TFC icons

Screenshots of progress-

wayNcMt.png

U57M3V5.png

Djbqg6L.png

7ii0ujy.png
'

We are accepting alpha testers for a few days. Please comment if you would be interested.

Last edited:

UnD3adLegacy

Jul 29, 2019
This looks very nice indeed. Never played with TerraFirmaCraft and the small Modlist is very nice. I hope you get far with this and get it on the launcher! :D
Also if you need a tester or anything I definitely can help :D

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
This looks very nice indeed. Never played with TerraFirmaCraft and the small Modlist is very nice. I hope you get far with this and get it on the launcher! :D
Also if you need a tester or anything I definitely can help :D
Thank you! I'm hoping that this will encourage those who never tried it to test it out, and enjoy it. So far I almost have most of series one done, and started series 2 Feed me Stevemour!
I definitely will once I get the quests done and finish the recipes. Thanks for volunteering! It shouldn't be longer than a few weeks before a semi-stable alpha.

Reactions: UnD3adLegacy

UnD3adLegacy

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you! I'm hoping that this will encourage those who never tried it to test it out, and enjoy it. So far I almost have most of series one done, and started series 2 Feed me Stevemour!
I definitely will once I get the quests done and finish the recipes. Thanks for volunteering! It shouldn't be longer than a few weeks before a semi-stable alpha.
Also, I noticed DecoCraft was on here ;) which is a very good mod that I love lol. And sounds nice message me if you can when a form of it comes out. :D

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I noticed DecoCraft was on here ;) which is a very good mod that I love lol. And sounds nice message me if you can when a form of it comes out. :D
Ikr! It's under used and awesome. I will send you the pack codes for the pre-release once it is somewhat done along with the testing server's IP.

Interesting tidbit, Genny was having problems with his food rewards rotting. It seems that if you try to use food that was in your inventory for HQM it keeps time and rots. BUT if you search food and use that, it never was time stamped and thus will not rot or spoil.

Last edited:

Zaid

Jul 29, 2019
If u need a tester i would be happy to test the pack for you and can recorded my gameplay to

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
I've never played with TFC, so this looks interesting. I'd love to test it out
Thanks! I'll message you as well for early alpha.

Messing with the chisel feature, it's like micro blocks but better-

boOuEdP.jpg

Last edited:

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Is that the TerraFirmaCraft chisel feature? If so I may need to build some awesome things with it ;)
Yep! It's really amazing. So much so I which i was it's own mod. What I was using there is detailed mode which makes a block into 256 micro blocks that can be individually removed for super detailed effects. The hitboxes actually update with them so you can chisel a hole through 4 blocks a jump through the middle.

UnD3adLegacy

Jul 29, 2019
Yep! It's really amazing. So much so I which i was it's own mod. What I was using there is detailed mode which makes a block into 256 micro blocks that can be individually removed for super detailed effects. The hitboxes actually update with them so you can chisel a hole through 4 blocks a jump through the middle.
Much amazing, Many wow. I want this mod pack now. XD

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Much amazing, Many wow. I want this mod pack now. XD
Sorry! If you want to mess with plain TFC features you could just grab it and run that for a while. If not though I should have an alpha out sometime next week if all goes well. Right now main time-sucker is going to be editing extra utils. Then onto the other mods like chisel, and finishing the quests.

UnD3adLegacy

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry! If you want to mess with plain TFC features you could just grab it and run that for a while. If not though I should have an alpha out sometime next week if all goes well. Right now main time-sucker is going to be editing extra utils. Then onto the other mods like chisel, and finishing the quests.
Yea I know D: but good luck on it! :D

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Yea I know D: but good luck on it! :D
Thanks man! It's such a cool mod, and tying others to it seems like a fresh idea.

EDIT:

ExtraUtils Balance Progress-

z9K2xYH.png

EZCWybG.png

Mainly just trying things out at this point. I'll prolly change the black steel to black bronze for the wand to keep the theme. The shears are so expensive since they are way faster than any other tool, and a multitool. Wings are going to be hard to balance.... Maybe Redsteel helmet, chestplate, leggings, and double plates along with some other expensive blocks.

Last edited:

J-Pixel

Jul 29, 2019
If possible could i alpha test. I have watched many tfc series (including Etho's and the beginning of Sticks and Stones) but never got into it because it looks difficult. But with the light amount of mods and the HQM i think this will be a good experience for me (the noob) to play!