Tekkit + Voltz + ThaumCraft?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cabius

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be possible to make a FTB pack with everything from Tekkit, Voltz and Thaumcraft in it? I think that may be what they are aiming to do with the Yogpack.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Definitely doesn't have Voltz/Ampz/UE/Ohmz.

Though it's entirely possible to make pretty much any modpack, just so long as you don't have BTW and a Forge-requiring mod. Oh, and if you don't have Forge, don't forget to be careful with sprite indices. And remember you only have 255 block IDs without Forge and 2047 with.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Definitely doesn't have Voltz/Ampz/UE/Ohmz.

Though it's entirely possible to make pretty much any modpack, just so long as you don't have BTW and a Forge-requiring mod. Oh, and if you don't have Forge, don't forget to be careful with sprite indices. And remember you only have 255 block IDs without Forge and 2047 with.
Ohmz?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be possible to make a FTB pack with everything from Tekkit, Voltz and Thaumcraft in it? I think that may be what they are aiming to do with the Yogpack.

Yes. I have one. If I ripped out Thuamcraft, Xycraft, RP2 and a few other goodies it might even be legal to distribute. It works pretty well, although I've been having problems getting Wireless Redstone to play well with it. I can give you my config files if you like.

It feels shockingly stable, to be honest. Immibis gives us a great tube network and microblocks, AE and Factorization give amazing storage and processing options. And I keep singing the praises of UE's pack as a really solid basis for an industrial modset. UE works just fine with MineFactory Reloaded, too! I've even got some extra stuff like Dimensional Doors, Grey Goo, and PLA.

ryanjh5521

Jul 29, 2019
It would be possible it is just the permissions that will be your problem. Some mod authors don't like their mod to be in modpacks.

Reactions: Ewokz750

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
It would be possible it is just the permissions that will be your problem. Some mod authors don't like their mod to be in modpacks.

Very clear and indisputable point here. It is 100% okay for you to take a bunch of mods that the authors offer for download and put them together however you like. Where things get complex is when you re-distribute that publicly. There are lots of debates about mod sharing policies, but they never question this axiom because it's so well-understood.

ryanjh5521

Jul 29, 2019
Very clear and indisputable point here. It is 100% okay for you to take a bunch of mods that the authors offer for download and put them together however you like. Where things get complex is when you re-distribute that publicly. There are lots of debates about mod sharing policies, but they never question this axiom because it's so well-understood.
Yes. I was actually quite discouraged about this when I was making my own Private Modpack. When I realized what the end result would be was when I decided to follow through.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
You could create a server and distribute it only to whitelisted members, though, that might be nice =)

Ewokz750

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone got a definitive reason for why they didn't add voltz/UE to the ultimate pack? Was it a problem with permissions?

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone got a definitive reason for why they didn't add voltz/UE to the ultimate pack? Was it a problem with permissions?

Last I heard is that those packs/mods are designed around the UE energy system and it would seam out of place to add it to the mix of power systems that is the other packs.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
That, and it is already fairly silly to have a pack that has four different energy systems, and then add a fifth. And you get into the situation where more and more mods you add, you'll likely never use much or even any of the content from a lot of them. After all, how many Macerators,Pulverisers, Rockcrushers, Enrichment Chambers do you use in a given play through?

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
The current Voltz/Ampz/UE packs/mods available have a lot of stuff in common with the major tech mods available at the moment in the Ultimate pack. They have some additions others don't but so have the other mods compared to UE.
It doesn't really make much sense to add another bunch of mods which at their core do the same as the already available ones.

Affex

Jul 29, 2019
That, and it is already fairly silly to have a pack that has four different energy systems, and then add a fifth. And you get into the situation where more and more mods you add, you'll likely never use much or even any of the content from a lot of them. After all, how many Macerators,Pulverisers, Rockcrushers, Enrichment Chambers do you use in a given play through?
What am I missing? Eu, MJ , Blutricity and ????