Suggestion:Disabled Mod Notes

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
In another thread it was suggested/explained that the reason AM2 wasn't added to Monster by default was because it's resource intensive. I remember another thread where Eyamaz said that Galacticraft wasn't put in Monster because people wouldn't know by default that there is a config issue with BoP. (biomes/flowers/trees/etc being on the moon)

I'm suggesting that all disabled mods on the packs should have a mouse-over note as to why they are disabled or even a "note" section where it can be displayed when you highlight them. This would help people more readily determine if it's something they want to enable as well as allowing more mods to be added to packs/supported by packs as an option, without forcing them on anyone because as Eyamaz noted, people tend to just enable everything.

WYfIPST.jpg

Last edited:

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
In another thread it was suggested/explained that the reason AM2 wasn't added to Monster by default was because it's resource intensive. I remember another thread where Eyamaz said that Galacticraft wasn't put in Monster because people wouldn't know by default that there is a config issue with BoP. (biomes/flowers/trees/etc being on the moon)
good suggestion, but your examples have nothing to do with your suggestion. just sayin' lol :p

Reactions: SatanicSanta

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
good suggestion, but your examples have nothing to do with your suggestion. just sayin' lol :p

lol... I forgot where I was going with them... I think it was supposed to say something along the lines of:

So when you mouse over "Ars Magica 2" in the disabled list, it would say "Disabled due to resource intensity, enabling may cause excessive ram/cpu usage...etc"
Galacticraft would be something like "Disabled due to conflict with Biome's O Plenty, disable BoP or go to this thread: <thread> for possible fixes."

I was actually going to make a little spoofed tooltip and spoofed notebox, but I hadn't been to sleep and it slipped my mind completely. Anyway, I guess it's not that hard to follow. Just used to explaining things to children. :p

Last edited: