Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lacunanight

Jul 29, 2019
You have Advanced Machines as "In The Pack" and in "Maybe/Maybe Not"

One thing caught me off guard as not being in the pack was Compact Solars. I knew back in the day huge solar arrays would cause lag on servers. Was this fixed or where they just added into IC2?

Beliar58

Jul 29, 2019
Lacunanight if you check out the beta of the FTB Pack you see that there are now advanced solar instead of compact solars (they are a bit different crafting wise and they produce eu at night

456dss

Jul 29, 2019
That could certainly be good if ABO doesn't get updated.
Even if ABO get's updated, these fit better for railcraft with the use of iron tanks for storing and extracting steam at the proper rate. Although they do compliment each other to a certain extent. It would be cool to see both of them in the pack.

XxN4BxX

Jul 29, 2019
Gravity gun from Half-Life 2

http://ichun.us/mods/gravity-gun/

it adds a new gun that can pull/push entities and also grab them if they are nearby, it also lets u pickup blocks and move them around
can get in handy for moving expensive machines that can be destroyed by hitting them with the wrong tool

Pantheis

Jul 29, 2019
Question on the "Maybe/Maybe not list", you have "Advanced Power Systems" listed, but as far as I can tell, the only mod by that name is stuck at Minecraft 1.2.5. Did you happen to mean "Advanced Power Management" instead? APM (formerly a rewrite of the old Charging Bench) is a brand new, written from scratch IC2 mod by Tallinu and myself that adds three tiers of Charging Benches (with more costly recipes than the original mod) and Battery Stations, a Storage Monitor and creative-mode-only Emitters that could be useful for map makers.

More information is available both on my github (https://github.com/pantheis/AdvancedPowerManagement) and on the forum post for the mod (http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7900).
Thanks! :)

Xulai

Jul 29, 2019
The modpack includes the Twilight Forest mod yet Tropicraft is on the wont be included this? This doesn't make sense whatsoever.

Also The Runic Dust Mod is completey tech-like enough to be in the modpack I believe albeit with a different approach to the ordinary place loads of blocks made from loads of metal to do stuff. What's wrong with it?

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
The modpack includes the Twilight Forest mod yet Tropicraft is on the wont be included this? This doesn't make sense whatsoever.

Also The Runic Dust Mod is complete tech-like enough to be in the modpack I believe. What's wrong with it?
Supposedly Tropicraft requires an API that does not give permission to modpacks.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Supposedly Tropicraft requires an API that does not give permission to modpacks.

That is correct.

As to the other questions. The original thread has some explanations. A lot of things are taken into consideration when choosing the mods.

How buggy is it?

How willing are the devs to fix problems and make compatibility changes?

What does it add to the game?

Does it add enough to the game to be worth the amount of ram/cpu use adding another mod takes?

Does it fit the overall feel of the map?

Can we get permission to use it?

VaultTec_CEO

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps I've failed to see it listed by the OP of this thread, but here goes;

Soul Shards: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...v110-and-recipe-remover-v11-updated-11062012/

I'm sure Slowpoke, and Tahg/Vaht (if he even contributes to the modpack) are familiar with this mod as I've seen it on the Forgecraft server. Original mod, updated to 1.4.2 and I don't believe it would conflict with any other mods as it relies on Forge and is used in conjunction with the other various mods on the Forge server.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I see, that's fair enough then. Need to get Forge to replace the Render Player API then :p

Can we get the list of denied mods made into a List of Permission Denied mods and a list of FTB Team Denied mods?

At this point I am not sure anyone other then Slow could differentiate between the 2 right now. I know Optifine was a denied permission mod because it has come up frequently. I really can't justify asking Slow to take the hours necessary to divide the mods up further with all he is doing to get ready for launch.

On a personal level I hope that some mods like Optifine will give permission after the launch and after they see how nicely the mod devs are treated.

Status
Not open for further replies.