Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

bsb23

Jul 29, 2019
Slow has said on more than one occasion while livestreaming that thaumcraft WILL be in the main FTB pack, and this has frequently been cited as the reason for not including mods like Timber! and Treecapitator - they devalue Thaumcraft's Axe of the Stream. And if it were the case, slow would never use "because I said so" as a reason for it. Just because there will be another "magic" FTB pack does not mean thaumcraft will be exclusive to it.
Okay good, I was worried there for a second or two.

mrmaxam

Jul 29, 2019
The cctv mod
http://minecraft-mods.org/cctv-video-camera-mod/

Ftb has a lot of technic stuff and what do technic people like, yes, an high-tech factory with automated stuff and defenses, the cctv mod adds placeable cameras/monitors so people can watch multiple areas in there home from one central point. It doesnt ruin gameplay or makes it to easy for the player, it adds the missing piece of an cool/modern factory.

Reactions: Jeza

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Okay good, I was worried there for a second or two.

Honestly i'm like 99 % sure it will be in the modpack once released. The people saying it's not are either stupid or trolls. And worst case scenario you can add it in yourself

benben500

Jul 29, 2019

+1[DOUBLEPOST=1354324832][/DOUBLEPOST]
The cctv mod
http://minecraft-mods.org/cctv-video-camera-mod/

Ftb has a lot of technic stuff and what do technic people like, yes, an high-tech factory with automated stuff and defenses, the cctv mod adds placeable cameras/monitors so people can watch multiple areas in there home from one central point. It doesnt ruin gameplay or makes it to easy for the player, it adds the missing piece of an cool/modern factory.

The last official version was for beta 1.7 or 1.8, the last unofficial version was for 1.2.5, and I don't think strange adfly links from an unofficial site that seems to update mods by itself at least 2 weeks before they update is a good file to download.

Reactions: Jonh_McFee

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Slow has said on more than one occasion while livestreaming that thaumcraft WILL be in the main FTB pack, and this has frequently been cited as the reason for not including mods like Timber! and Treecapitator - they devalue Thaumcraft's Axe of the Stream. And if it were the case, slow would never use "because I said so" as a reason for it. Just because there will be another "magic" FTB pack does not mean thaumcraft will be exclusive to it.

That is not precisely true. To clear up some misconceptions that seem to have popped up. As per Slow's latest discussion of this. No TC3 will not be in the MAIN pack. It will be in the Magic World pack. It can of course be added to the main pack but it will not be in the main pack by default. Slow may change his mind, however badgering him about it will not lead to him changing his mind.

I think people are misunderstanding the purpose of the MAIN pack. And maybe it needs a different name. The pack being referred to as the main pack, is the pack that will be used to create the next version of the FTB maps. It will not include mods that are not going to be used in the map. Technically the MAIN pack is actually the FTB map mod pack. Its not that its the suggested or recommended pack. Its just the mods that will be used for the skyblock map. Thats why some mods are refused for the main pack. Honestly what use is custom trees etc in a skyblock world without plants?

eisbaerBorealis

Jul 29, 2019
the pack that will be used to create the next version of the FTB maps.
Its just the mods that will be used for the skyblock map.
How's that going to work, anyway? Is the main FTB/skyblock map going to be almost exactly like the old one? I had heard that EE3 is not going to have a transmutation table. If not, would FTB even be possible?

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
That is not precisely true. To clear up some misconceptions that seem to have popped up. As per Slow's latest discussion of this. No TC3 will not be in the MAIN pack. It will be in the Magic World pack. It can of course be added to the main pack but it will not be in the main pack by default. Slow may change his mind, however badgering him about it will not lead to him changing his mind.\

I thought for a little bit that this was gonna be a really cool modpack. Slow advertised it with a bunch of mods that are now not gonna be included and it looked like it would be fun. But now it's not looking so good. For starters slowpoke is starting to seem like a jerk. He doesn't seem to care about the community or their opinions, only his stupid map, He constantly changes his mind about mods and how do I know he won't do that with mods that are in the pack, and he has lied about the exclusion of at least one mod. He also said the pack would include Thaumcraft, gregs lighting, etc and people got excited for a legal modpack with all their favorite mods, not all our favorite mods neatly divided up into various modpacks. He let us down and now I don't know what i'm gonna do for the lets play I promised my subs. I mean even Direwolf20 bailed and is gonna use his own modpack. I know you probably won't reply to this, and of course Slowpoke would never dare to post on his forum for fear of associating himself with a mere community member. But if you don't want to reply to the other stuff please just take the time to answer this: Will there be a different modpack like the one Slow promised?

Reactions: RandomMoped

AliasXNeo

Jul 29, 2019
I thought for a little bit that this was gonna be a really cool modpack. Slow advertised it with a bunch of mods that are now not gonna be included and it looked like it would be fun. But now it's not looking so good. For starters slowpoke is starting to seem like a jerk. He doesn't seem to care about the community or their opinions, only his stupid map, He constantly changes his mind about mods and how do I know he won't do that with mods that are in the pack, and he has lied about the exclusion of at least one mod. He also said the pack would include Thaumcraft, gregs lighting, etc and people got excited for a legal modpack with all their favorite mods, not all our favorite mods neatly divided up into various modpacks. He let us down and now I don't know what i'm gonna do for the lets play I promised my subs. I mean even Direwolf20 bailed and is gonna use his own modpack. I know you probably won't reply to this, and of course Slowpoke would never dare to post on his forum for fear of associating himself with a mere community member. But if you don't want to reply to the other stuff please just take the time to answer this: Will there be a different modpack like the one Slow promised?

Currently the Feed the Beast pack is the only one with permission and it will stay that way for a while.

Quoted from the Thaumcraft 3 MCForums topic. You should probably reconsider your argument.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
OK Jyzarc and everyone else that has not heard the news about how things are going to work, I will try to explain exactly how the packs are going to work. So the pack that is currently on the launcher is a test pack and it is clearly labelled as such. It was not and is not designed for long term use and more a pack that we have included to enable us to refine the launcher as more and more people use it. This has in some respects worked as planned as over the past couple of weeks we have made huge strides both in the launcher and on the servers that distribute the mod packs.

I think before I go on I should maybe clarify something. FTB is not a single thing any more, it is now a collection of various components that whilst they are designed to work together are actually totally seperate with seperate teams working on each. The first is the launcher, this is what we released a couple of weeks ago. The second is the FTB Mod Packs, these packs are not just a load of random mods thrown together but are mods selected that work well together. The third is the maps. So the thing everyone is concerned about at the moment is the mods packs. Where are they and why have we been waiting so long. So there are a couple of areas I cannot talk about because quite frankly it is not my place to do so, however I will try to explain the delays as much as possible. For the most part the delays have been down to things that are totally out of our control, but ultimately it has boiled down to waiting on specific mods. Everyone knows about this already, what with all the Minecraft updates etc that happened, there was never really a time when all the mods (especially those that have world gen) were all updated together. The second part was Forge deciding to no longer waste huge amounts of time making bukkit compatible. This decision really hurt everyone when it came to servers. There were also problems our end, the demand for FTB completely destroyed any predictions that were made and we have had to revamp the infrastructure behind both the pack and launcher downloads and the forums several times.

So that explains the delays, so now we are almost past them what about the packs themselves. I partly blame myself for not being very clear about this, however it should be noted that there is no main FTB pack. We are not just about a single pack, we want to release several different packs and keep adding to those over time. However to start with we are looking at releasing up to 6 packs. I want to give time frames for this, but honestly I cannot do so, not because its a secret or anything, jut we do not know because it is dependent on the mods being completed and ready for release. However the packs themselves will be the following. Tech World (a mod pack that focuses more on tech style mods) Magic World (a mod pack that focuses more on magic and fantasy) Lite (a mod pack aimed at servers that dont have massive amounts of resources available) Map Pack (a mod pack build for the needs of the map build teams) and finally Ultimate (this is an amalgamation of tech world and magic world packs. This isnt to say this pack will include everything, but it will have the best of both packs)

So now to respond to Jyzarc's post.

For starters slowpoke is starting to seem like a jerk. He doesn't seem to care about the community or their opinions, only his stupid map

At the end of the day, yeah I started off with just the map. However in response to it being the only thing I care about. I would respond with this. If the only thing I care about, why would I have insisted on the following things.

• An open source launcher that is free for anyone to examine.
  • A launcher that is not just designed or the mod packs that I need but also that allows anyone to create their own packs and distribute them through the launcher.
  • A launcher that also allows people to create their own maps and also distribute them through the launcher
  • The setting up of a central repository of permissions from mod developers that will enable a lot more people to quickly and easily build their own legit mod packs without having to worry about permissions
  • Not only myself but a team of now close to 20 people working almost full time hours just to make this the best experience we can for as many people as possible.
  • A licenced fully paid for forums which is being constantly developed to allow people like you to come on and make posts like the one above.
  • etc
  • etc
  • etc

He constantly changes his mind about mods and how do I know he won't do that with mods that are in the pack, and he has lied about the exclusion of at least one mod.

I am not sure which mods I have changed my mind on exactly I am interested to find out what you are talking about. As far as I am aware, the only mod we have made any changes with was Gregtech and that was based on the results of the test pack. As to lying about the exlusion of a mod. Please clarify this.

. He also said the pack would include Thaumcraft, gregs lighting, etc and people got excited for a legal modpack with all their favorite mods, not all our favorite mods neatly divided up into various modpacks.

Yes these mods will be split into various mod packs. But they will also be found in the ultimate pack which is the best of both tech and magic.

He let us down and now I don't know what i'm gonna do for the lets play I promised my subs. I mean even Direwolf20 bailed and is gonna use his own modpack.

How exactly have I let you down. I am sorry but I am not in control of the mod developers. These are people with real lives and responsibilities. Those responsibilities are not to your youtube audience however. I am not going to rush out incomplete packs because you or anyone else have made promises to other people based on effectively nothing. My stance has always been the pack will be out when its ready and not before. Furthermore Direwolf20 has not 'bailed' maybe you should find and post where you have seen that information. Allow me to correct your incorrect information. Direwolf20 is going to be using slightly different mods than what we will be using in out packs. What we are doing is creating a pack to be distributed through the FTB Launcher that is designed and will be updated to suits Direwolfs needs and not ours. This is so that he is in control of what mods are added or removed from his pack. This pack will be available for all to play through our launcher and will probably be maintained and updated by the FTB team, it will just be controlled by Direwolf.

I know you probably won't reply to this, and of course Slowpoke would never dare to post on his forum for fear of associating himself with a mere community member.

Guess you were wrong there.

I know everyone is impatient and I know everyone wants the mods like yesterday. As soon as we can possibly do it we will get the packs out to people. Like Thaumcraft 3 was released as I was writing this post. From here I will be going straight off to start building the Magic World pack in the hopes that I can get it added to the launcher tonight.

Anyways I hope this answers some of the questions being asked.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking forward to it, Slowpoke. Watching the development of Thaumcraft 3 has made me more excited for it than probably any other mod in the modpacks. Any sneak peaks at what all you're considering "magic" oriented enough for the magic pack? I'm crossing my fingers for some of the line-toeing mods.

Jerx99

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for clarifying things, Slowpoke! I, being more of a tech type of guy, was kind of worried about having to deal with TC3 world gen and stuff like taint running loose when I have no interest in doing so.

The splitting of mods into several packs will be annoying when looking up guide/tutorials/wiki pages though...

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Jerx99, Taint is currently not in Thaumcraft 3, and I so far have not seen anything that indicates it will be in it, though I suppose i could easily have missed some information. Instead what you have to deal with is Flux, which is essentially air pollution caused by your own Thaumaturgic actions, and can be cleaned up over time with more careful and diligent Thaumaturgic actions. It doesn't mess with the world, it instead effects the ambient magic fields and spawns dangerous Wisps attracted to high flux. Again, I'll reiterate, Flux is caused by your own actions, specifically wasteful and haphazard Thaumaturgy. I think Thaumcraft features can even be safely ignored, in fact...

Julian Zhou

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. I'm just curious, so will the current FTB modpack be the equivlant of the Ultimate Pack you're talking about?

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
Not really on the current pack. That was put out to let us test various things. the ultimate pack will have a lot more in it.

in other news

I just spoke to Eloraam and have this statement.

There are 4 serious bugs left to resolve in Red Power 2. There has been no progress over the last week due to Eloraam being swamped with work in real life. Things have eased off now and Eloraam has returned to coding this weekend and hopes to have something ready for release soon.

Julian Zhou

Jul 29, 2019
I see. I should've rephrased my question a bit better. Sorry about that. I understand that the ultimate pack will have ALOT more in it. But I would just like to make sure that the world I'm working on right now will stay intact past the beta period. I've put ALOT of time and effort into my world and as you my expect, I really don't want to start over. (I'm sure a lot of people would agree). Ores and similar I can fix my creating a new Mystcraft world. That is no problem to me. I already have a few ages in the making.

Status
Not open for further replies.