Storybook Romance Vol. 2

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
This is like the original storybook romance thread, but it's slightly different.

Read this quote. What's in the quote has been modified to an extent, so even if you already know the rules, I suggest you take a look at it.
So there's this couple right? Their names are John Freeman and May Stock. They're in mild love, basically at the friend zone. Your goal is to either get them married, or to keep them apart. The way it works is that they start out with 500 points. Each devious/good act will either raise or lower those points. If they have hit zero, they'll stay apart forever. If they hit 1000, they'll get married. You also may only use a plot line once. You also cannot kill them. There must also be a chance it could actually happen (As in, twenty mountain lions can't just randomly come out of nowhere and attack them both, right when they were about to go on a date). Also, there is no time limit on this version of Storybook Romance. It lasts until they either leave each other or get married.

Good? Good. Now let's begin.

(Also, I have an idea for a Storybook Romance Vol. 3, for more advanced players, though I won't make that thread just yet. Hint: Independent thoughts, beliefs (not religious or political), and scores)

Current Score: 415
Last post: #38
(^^^^^^^^^^^^ That's just to help me keep track, you can ignore it, or you can use it to see how updated this thread is)

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
John Freeman finally works up the courage to ask Mary out for a date. He picks a pretty generic and boring date to the movies, but he's much to nervous to do anything much.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
John Freeman finally works up the courage to ask Mary out for a date. He picks a pretty generic and boring date to the movies, but he's much to nervous to do anything much.

+5

May knows he's nervous, so she accepts, and they go on the date. May still doesn't expect much from John, though.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
As they are walking back to Mary's apartment in the streets of NY, they get mugged. Before John can do anything, Mary shanks the muggerith a butterfly knife and leaves him bleeding in an alleyway.

OOC: You never put any restrictions on the characters character C:<

Reactions: PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
As they are walking back to May's apartment in the streets of NY, they get mugged. Before John can do anything, May shanks the muggerith a butterfly knife and leaves him bleeding in an alleyway.

OOC: You never put any restrictions on the characters character C:<

20+

John is a little afraid of May now, but he doesn't care that much, and admires her a bit more.
After that John buys a plane ticket to Iraq.

(I'm not killing them!)

Having not bonded a decent relationship yet, they almost completely forget about each other by the time John gets back. They attempt to recreate the relationship, but their attempts don't end well.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019

May loses her temper slightly, but forgives John. She starts thinking that John has been going out with other girls, and mistrusts him slightly.

RandomMoped

Popular Member
Nov 17, 2012
Somewhere on the internet
May begins to spy on John to make sure he hasn't, and figured out that John hasn't been seeing any other girls, but thankfully he hasn't. May just hopes that he doesn't find out about the spying

+25 (or do you decide on points)

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Peggle decides, I'm pretty sure.

John get's a mohawk and dyes his hair yellow in hopes that the "bad boy" look will win her over.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
May begins to spy on John to make sure he hasn't, and figured out that John hasn't been seeing any other girls, but thankfully he hasn't. May just hopes that he doesn't find out about the spying

+25 (or do you decide on points)

+35

She feels like she betrayed John slightly for thinking that he was cheating on her, and feels bad.

Peggle decides, I'm pretty sure.

John get's a mohawk and dyes his hair yellow in hopes that the "bad boy" look will win her over.

May finds his idea cute, but to her it seems unlike him, and she avoids him slightly.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019

John feels slightly excited, but May is disappointed with his abilities. She asks him not to try to do it again.

Symmetryc

Jul 29, 2019
May decides that modern food is too unhealthy and changes her diet to solely comprise of bugs. John becomes a cannibal to show her how stupid her idea is. However, after May quits eating bugs, John finds that he can't stop eating humans, he addicted.[DOUBLEPOST=1375504275][/DOUBLEPOST]
my god you guys are evil
>: D

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
XD

John's father decides that May is not trustworthy and that John can never see her ever again.

John and May go out and meet each other each night at a public café.

May decides that modern food is too unhealthy and changes her diet to solely comprise of bugs. John becomes a cannibal to show her how stupid her idea is. However, after May quits eating bugs, John finds that he can't stop eating humans, he's addicted.

Having had John pay for the hospital bills to get her ankle repaired, she takes some of her life savings and gets John a spot in an asylum. In two months time, he's feeling better again, and he apologizes to May. May's still disgusted with John and doesn't feel the same around him anymore.