Starting a new server and have questions

MattTheGeek

Jul 29, 2019
I want to start an ftb server but I have not ran one in quite a while and I am new to the fact that mcpc+ or culdron as it is now called is no longer in development:(.

I want to create a FTB Infinity server with management plugins, /tpa, /home etc oncluding towny if possible. From what I can see Sponge is still in beta. So forge is my only option. With forge none of the documentation is clear to me. I dont see how downloading the forgeinstaller dose anything as i dont see where the ftb infinity server files fit in and all that.

Can anybody clear this up for me?

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
Reactions: daliena

MattTheGeek

Jul 29, 2019
I should clarify, If I download FTB server from the FTB launcher or website how do I take that server and add forge to it, every tutorial im seeing is related to vanilla minecraft. like wher do I put certian files etc, so when I launche the ftb server it has forge. any help anbody can provide would be grate. step by step information would be awsome, im not a newb at hosting servers, websites etc. but there very little documentation when it comes to doing it with an ftb modback.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I should clarify, If I download FTB server from the FTB launcher or website how do I take that server and add forge to it, every tutorial im seeing is related to vanilla minecraft. like wher do I put certian files etc, so when I launche the ftb server it has forge. any help anbody can provide would be grate. step by step information would be awsome, im not a newb at hosting servers, websites etc. but there very little documentation when it comes to doing it with an ftb modback.

The ftb server you download for each modpack has the appropriate forge built in.