Sphax/Unleashed Texture pack file limit

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
I have compiled a 64x Sphax FTB Unleashed texture pack as the one on the BDcraft site seems to have many missing textures and also has 1.4.7 textures mixed in, which obviously don't work.

I'd say I'm 90% complete with all textures. There are a few missing bits from some of the mods where the textures just don't exist anywhere.
But I have hit a wall.

I found a complete Tinkers Construct pack which has over 4000 png files. When I add that to my pack and select it the game struggles for a while like normal and then flips over to default textures.

I've stripped it down to mainly just the completed weapons and it works fine.
The file size for my entire pack is 98MB.
I've seen 512x packs with a larger file size so my question is:

Is there a file count limit where minecraft just cannot load anymore textures?
If yes is it based on ram? Would allocating more ram overcome this?

The other possibility is that somewhere in amongst all the files is one corrupt file that is throwing everything off.
But, before I go chasing a needle in a haystack I was hoping for a definitive on file counts.

Thanks

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
I do have the full TC sphax pack, you are correct its 3335 files. I was guesstimating. ;)

My problem is that I think the Sphax pack I have put together (I think I have pretty much 95% of ALL textures for ALL the mods) is getting too large. The only thing I am missing is Steve's Carts and teh occasional texture here or there. Everything else is perfect.

I am finding that if I add just pieces of the TC pack it works, but I can't add all of it. I'm at the point where if I want to add say the textures for the frying pan, I need to remove other textures or it crashes to default textures.

Yesterday I wanted to add the textures for the hammer. I tried merging in just that folder and crash to default textures.
I then went back in and removed the entire IC2 crops textures folder (as I don't plan on using IC2 crops, prefer the MFR farms) and now the pack works.

So I think its either a file size or file limit issue that MC just can't handle once you get past X amount of textures.

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
I have edited your texture pack and put in the patches that are in my texture pack.

It's now 91.27MB instead of being 94MB.

Here's a link to the texture pack that I have compiled for you: [redacted]

Hope that helps :)

You should probably remove that link from your post. You are NOT allowed to distribute the base textures of Spahx.