Sphax Texture Pack Freezes Then Won't Load

piraka72

Jul 29, 2019
Now i know that many other people have had this problem as well. I've spent some time trying to figure out what the problem to this is. Most just say it's a problem with not allocating enough RAM. I don't have a problem with that as my computer has 32 Gigs of RAM (I use it for multiple Modeling Programs), but I'm not sure my CPU is capable of handling the texture pack. As i said, I'm not sure, but I'm skeptical that my computer can't handle a 64x64 texture pack. It works fine with just minecraft textures, but whenever i patch it, with numerous types of patches (I'Ve tested multiple modpacks), the game freezes then doesn't load the textures. I even adjusted my NVIDIA graphics in hopes it might help. Nope.

computer specs if it helps at all:

Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
Model: Qosmio X75-A
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.4GHz 2.4GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 32 GB
system type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Afrique617

Jul 29, 2019
I have similar problems with sphax 128, Im 90% sure my computer can handle 128 but just doesn't want to load for some reason. I can throw out random suggestions that may or may not help you.

1.) Up the amount of ram you allow minecraft to use.
2.) Make sure you're using 64bit version of java
3.) If you're using java 8 try java 7 and vice versa.
4.) make sure you're combining the sphax patch with the base sphax texture pack correctly.

i7-3770k
16 GB Ram
Nvidia GTX 680

piraka72

Jul 29, 2019
The problem was the bibliocraft texture pack not loading right. my computer runs it just just fine. read the error report

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
There's a long thread on the BDcraft forums about this and it often entails packs with Tinkers Construct in and is to do with the sheer number of textures in a complete pack.

But before we get there, a couple of questions.

1) Which MC version
2) Which modpack
3) When you choose the resourcepack/texturepack from in game the freezing is normal whilst it loads, how long have you waited?
4) RAM allocation is relative to Java, how much RAM is allocated to Java to run the MC instance?