Setting up DW20 1.7.10 Server with McMyAdmin

Cougar281

Jul 29, 2019
I've been running FTB servers for a while, but this is the first time I'm trying to get a 1.7.10 server running. I worked through several new things, such as having to run the install script that grabs the official Minecraft jar, reading & editing the EULA (Must be a Microsoft thing :/) and such, and I'm at a point where I have a functioning DW20 1.7.10 server on CentOS 6.5 64-bit and JDK7u65. But only if I start it using the 'StartServer.sh' script. If I try to start it with McMyAdmin, it moves along through most of its motions, then it fails after a while of loading.

The final errors were:
Code:
Console   : [20:07:12] [Server thread/ERROR] [TiCTooltips]: Skipping event FMLPreInitializationEvent and marking errored mod TiCTooltips since required dependency TConstruct has errored
Console   : [20:07:12] [Server thread/ERROR] [TMechworks]: Skipping event FMLPreInitializationEvent and marking errored mod TMechworks since required dependency TConstruct has errored
Console   : [20:07:15] [Server thread/ERROR] [WR-CBE|Addons]: Skipping event FMLPreInitializationEvent and marking errored mod WR-CBE|Addons since required dependency WR-CBE|Core has errored
Console   : [20:07:15] [Server thread/ERROR] [WR-CBE|Logic]: Skipping event FMLPreInitializationEvent and marking errored mod WR-CBE|Logic since required dependency WR-CBE|Core has errored
Console   : [20:08:21] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Applying holder lookups
Console   : [20:08:28] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Holder lookups applied
Console   : [20:08:28] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: Fatal errors were detected during the transition from PREINITIALIZATION to INITIALIZATION. Loading cannot continue

Just going into the Minecraft directory and running the startserver.sh script and it starts fine. So it must be related to how McMyAdmin is starting the server.

What am I missing? It must be something stupid...

Related, from reading around, I know the max recommended memory on clients is 4GB - is this true of servers also, or should they be set higher?

Thanks

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
It's a while since I used McMyAdmin, but is the patch to the minecraft folder and the .jar name correct in the mcma config.

I'm currently running my server with I think 8Gb memory.

Cougar281

Jul 29, 2019
It's a while since I used McMyAdmin, but is the patch to the minecraft folder and the .jar name correct in the mcma config.

I'm currently running my server with I think 8Gb memory.
I'm not aware of any specification of the jar file name in the MCMA config - I searched for '.jar' and 'ftbserver' in it an there was no reference to the actual file name. I haven't been able to find it anywhere that I've looked. But I renamed the 'FTBServer-1.7.10-1231.jar' to 'ftbserver.jar' and MCMA can launch it. It gets most of the way loaded. I wonder if something is looking specifically for 'FTBServer-1.7.10-1231.jar'?

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
In MCMA under configuration -> server settings is a setting for server type, I used ForgeMod as the server type so MCMA looked for ForgeMod.jar Since MCMA lauches it I don't think that is the problem.

It gets most of the way loaded.
Does it crash or just gets stuck? If the console only shows same output as in your first post, you could check the logs folder for fml-server-latest.log