Setting a server flight speed limit....

Tethlah

Jul 29, 2019
So basically the biggest causes of timeouts on my server is when someone is wearing a hodgepodge of items from different mods that allow them to have unnatural flight speed.

Is there anyway to set a global maximum flight speed on the server? Something that no matter what you have, you can't go faster than it? Or even a mod that allows you to limit how much stacking different mods can do for various altering of abilities? It would be nice to set limits on how powerful and invincible you are as well.

I am using forge essentials to govern a lot of stuff, but I haven't found anything on this yet.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
You could possibly check the configs of the mods themselves to see if there is speed limiting on the questioned devices.

Tethlah

Jul 29, 2019
I've done this a bit with simply jetpacks. But I'm coming to notice just how many things there are in the mods we have that can't be configured in such a way.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
I've done this a bit with simply jetpacks. But I'm coming to notice just how many things there are in the mods we have that can't be configured in such a way.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Then banning uncontrollable devices is a way to go. After all it not like your banning flying completely.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
As far as I know there is no way to limit it. Does it only happen if they generate new land? because in that case you can just pre-gen more or limit how far people can travel.

Tethlah

Jul 29, 2019
That's the problem, in another thread I ask about this, I'm trying to figure out how to pregen a server with BOP on it.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
depending on the minecraft version you use you can install server tools and it should be able to properly pregen the world for you. It did it fine with fun world gen

Tethlah

Jul 29, 2019
That looks like a watered down version of forge essentials to me. I don't see anything on their website about pregenerating a world, what function within the mod does it?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I am pretty sure it was server tools that did it, the command would be /pregen or something like that. Sorry for being so vague I can't look it up on my server now and I only had to use it once and that was long ago.

Tethlah

Jul 29, 2019
I left them a message asking if it can pregen BOP biomes, anyone know if this is the case?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
make a backup and try for yourself.
If it is the same mod that I used(which I am 99% certain of) then I know it did work with fun world gen correctly which also needs a change in the properties file to work correctly

Tethlah

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I tried admin tool box. The thing claims it generated the chunks, but the moment I started flying around, it was blatantly obvious that it didn't.