Sector Eleven, the bad story.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
This is an AWFUL story so.. I apologize.

Whoever can guess how many mods are shown in each spoiler/chapter you'll get love and I do take input into the story, and may even put in character suggestions.
“Presents are made for the pleasure of who gives them, not the merits of who receives them.”
― Carlos Ruiz Zafón, The Shadow of the Wind

"Oopmh." The worker said, his shirt tag betraying his name, Cliff. "That's the last of them, Extra-dimensional, extra heavy."
Craig shuffled awkwardly, and looked over the barrels, then double checked his clipboard. "Thanks Cliff, I uh hope you have a good.. day."
Cliff adjusted his hat and smiled "Yeah, well, thanks. Payment in the same place as always?"
"Yup. See ya."
Craig jumped into the wagon, and flicked the reins. The pigs sluggishly started moving. He noticed a decline of speed in them. Understandable, they were hauling huge barrels filled with supplies.

LATER ON

Craig had finally arrived home, or at least as much as you could call Sector Eleven a home. It appeared to be a pale white building, barred windows, and lots of windows at that. Most people referred to it as 'Really really tall whitestone building
He jumped off of the carriage, and patting a pig's head as he walked by. He arrived beside the large metallic doors. He lowered his face, particularly his eye to a scanner, and after a brief moment he heard a click and the doors moved in with a wild woosh as the pistons retracted.
He imagined old Xavier's face when he saw what Craig had obtained! He quickly started the pigs up again.
The entrance to Sector 11 was a large open grassy area, called the garden entrance. Grunts, as they were called were lounging about it but instantly stirred, for Xavier was known for ranting for hours if things were not done quickly.
But Craig was the first one to the back of the wagon, and he removed a covered barrel.
"Wassat?" one of the grunts asked.
"Mind your own and unpack, Kyle."
Then Craig strode to the western lift, and slammed his middle finger and index finger into the golden monitor, selecting floor forty-two. He stood in the lift and closed his eyes tightly. He clutched the barrel tightly to himself and felt his stomach lurch as the levitators pushed him up, and he carefully stepped onto the forty-second floor. Doors spread out on all sides but Craig strode forward to the old brown door, as opposed to the white iron doors of the others. He rapped twice.
"Let 'em in, Marvin." The door, called Marvin, swung itself open. Xavier sat in his chair, his gray hair with blondish streaks. He was quite thin and his skin was quite wrinkly. His eyes matched Craig's green ones.
The room had lots of bookshelves and books stacked. He had multiple item cases dotted on the walls, some crammed with items, some empty. Floating over his left shoulder was his pet Wisp, Tutamen, or as he liked to call it; "A singularity born of broken down aspects placed as fluctuations in the vis of the world. Creating a reaction of life as a burning, electric ball of life."
"I have it, Xavier." Craig strode to his spruce desk and placed the barrel on it. He tapped the front of it, making the front piece of wood drop down, and Xavier removed the red orb, and gasped reverently.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Should I keep adding to the OP or post new posts?

(I don't have anything wrote ATM but I have a vague idea for chapter two.)

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Philosopher stone.

Much more useful than red matter by itself. Unless the other barrels were full of dark matter and philo stones/transmutation tablets.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
But it was Red and shiny!
Well the Red Matter isn't exactly shiny.
But the Philosopher's stone is Pink!

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
I'm guessing about 7 mods. There's factorization for the barrels; the clipboard may be from dartcraft (the one in the story looks like it is used to store information but maybe Craig was testing to see if the materials crafted correctly?); the building is probably made from MFR whitestone (though it could be marble from redpower or another mod); the eye scanner is probably from a computercraft peripheral mod but I can't think of a specific one; the golden monitor is obviously from computercraft; the lift, door and wisp are from thaumcraft; and the item cases are probably bibliocraft. The red orb probably is red matter from EE2 which would make it 8 mods but I didn't think of that.

EDIT: Also the hat mod, so 9 mods.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Omegatron is correct. The building is made of paved whitestone, and the eye scanner is a player detector from Railcraft.

Oh yeah and here's the update. I also named Chapter One and I gave it a quote.

“This is why alchemy exists," the boy said. "So that everyone will search for his treasure, find it, and then want to be better than he was in his former life. Lead will play its role until the world has no further need for lead; and then lead will have to turn itself into gold.

That's what alchemists do. They show that, when we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better, too.”
― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Craig stood proudly. All the workers in this entire building, and yet HE got the sphere of red. It was a piece of the ages bygone, when riches were plentiful. It was red matter. Not only was it worth millions of emeralds, but it had been THE thing back in the day. Armor had been forged from it, and the ones who wielded it were considered to be the closest thing to gods that a mortal could be. That was of course, until The Second Reign of Alchemy fell. The Third Reign of Alchemy eventually started, a much more confusing version of alchemy. Nowadays, however, only minium stones still existed, but they were much rarer than even in the Third Reign.
At any rate, Xavier placed the red matter in a small glass bell on his table. "One of the last pieces of the old days." His voice was quiet and reverent.
"I also got the supplies to-" Craig started but Xavier waved his hand. "Then be off to the Xeno presentation. I have things to do."
Craig was headed off, the presentation was on the Thirteenth floor, East Wing. He took the conveyor system down, as the Levitators were to be used mostly in emergencies. The conveyor system had been installed rather recently, and updates were made often, keeping him up many a night. He jumped on a lane that pushed him down to the "Limbo Point" as many students called it as it was on no charts of Sector Eleven. It was a big room with the ceiling made of black bricks, and the floors made of whitestone and red stony walls. It also contained a bit of a "buying area" on one side. The rest of the thing was dominated with queues, with information panels telling them where the conveyers were going to push them. He selected a rather long line in "Eleventh Floor."
He chatted with a short time with a rather short girl and her boyfriend about the chemical make up of Netherwart. Afterwards, after arriving in the dark theater in which the presentation would play, he selected a seat beside a testificate wearing a green robe with a thick leather book.
"Hello." The Testificate muttered.
"Hi." Craig settled down and turned his attention to the large screen.
A man dressed in a green robe akin to the one the testificate wore walked onto the stage. "Hello everyone!"
A collective greeting emerged loudly from the crowd and the man smiled. "Well, I'm Doctor Lewel Haim. I am here to show how Nodes developed."
He indicated the screen "This is showing a man using the old Thaumic implements, which existed around the time of The Second Reign of Alchemy. Most users of this eventually were overtaken by Taint and it was hard to share, but eventually it died out, and a new magic was born.
Now the Taint and Vis in the air, somehow was condensed by some form of magic gravity, created by the "base of a node" and absorbed in. This the basis of all Thaumic Magic."
Doctor Lewel tapped the screen again to show the six types of vis shards. "We have water, fire, earth, dull and v-" he stopped and waved his hand. "Rescheduled to Eight o'clock tomorrow night. Study up."

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Another thing: if you want me to PM you when the story updates tell me.
What mods do you think were in chapter two? Will the green robed testificate have more part? FIND OUT NEXT TIME!