Resonance Unleashed - [Closed - merged into Resonant Rise]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeRazor

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I dunno how, a priori, you break out of the crowd. But the net result is that you cannot "compete" with the existing FTB packs in the FTB space. Which is too bad, because then the community could try and make something really compelling.

Anyways I am plenty happy. I'm not sure if this is any indication, but check out how much people are playing (select RR from the dropdown). At least some folks are having a ton of fun, and many of these people I do not know at all! And this is with me basically posting in this forum and on our own internal G+ and a small announcement on ATLauncher's twitter. As we really start pushing I think it'll grow well.

Sadly i have not yet gotten to play around with Resonant Rise. I only watch Way playing and I keep myself to FTB otherwise. But i could try it sometimes soon :)

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
So whilst building this, I've discovered that the FTB team aren't keeping their IDs synced between packs anymore. That makes this more complicated.

A version of the new config pack is ready but because of this problem I'm going to have to set up something to allow people to transfer worlds between packs properly because right now that's not possible like it used to be. The config pack itself uses FTB Unleashed's block/item IDs 99.5% of the time so if you're using that pack anyway you're welcome to jump the gun a little.

Once I set up a set of mIDas patches I can release this properly. :)

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I dunno how, a priori, you break out of the crowd. But the net result is that you cannot "compete" with the existing FTB packs in the FTB space. Which is too bad, because then the community could try and make something really compelling.

Anyways I am plenty happy. I'm not sure if this is any indication, but check out how much people are playing (select RR from the dropdown). At least some folks are having a ton of fun, and many of these people I do not know at all! And this is with me basically posting in this forum and on our own internal G+ and a small announcement on ATLauncher's twitter. As we really start pushing I think it'll grow well.

Expect at least one more user (and Let's Player!), once my recording and computer performance setup is a little more stable. ;)

On the subject of the config pack, will there be a replacement for the brutality option at all? It's not my personal style of gameplay, but I enjoy watching other people suffering through playing it from time to time. :)

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Haha I'm not even sure what it means in the end and I maintain half of it.

But Block-ID compatibility is increasingly hard to maintain. Modders themselves are making it harder and harder to do. This is one of the reasons I've been traditionally reluctant to change my IDs. At this point, I have a continutiy with some block IDs going all the way back to 1.4.7 and prior. Now, if you never used underground biomes and I dunno... like... found a way to migrate from EBXL to BoP you'd... well... nevermind. Absurd proposition. Still, I don't like breaking maps if I can help it.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
I'm quite militant about maintaining compatibility and frankly even I'm struggling with the massive world breaking patches the Forge team feel necessary to make.

On the subject of the config pack, will there be a replacement for the brutality option at all? It's not my personal style of gameplay, but I enjoy watching other people suffering through playing it from time to time. :)

Although GT was the crux of that mode, a version of it should still be possible, but it's the lowest priority on the list after a single-player friendly mode, extended compatibility and rebalancing to better match RR.

Reactions: Spoo

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
New config pack, new system, new hosting. That's a three-for. ;)

Resonance Unleashed is now out and ready. Support for FTB Unleashed, DW20 and Resonant Rise is implemented. This is yet another fresh start for the pack and I've attempted to be more professional this time.

Unfortunately, FTB packs are no longer keeping their block and item IDs unified, so I have had to improvise. In 99% of cases, the block and item IDs I use match FTB Unleashed, as I suspect that to be the most frequently used modpack of the three supported. This will stay the case going forward, although I will make changes as I feel appropriate, and this is much easier to do now thanks to the other stuff I've prepared for this release.

If you're coming to the config pack from DW20 or RR, I recommend either starting a new world or converting your world to RU's IDs with mIDas. mIDas patch files are provided with the config pack to make this as easy as possible for everyone. Check out the original post for mIDas download links and the mIDas Patch Maker which lets you use NEI data to make the patches. This is how I do it and it's a huge timesaver!

RU now has a GitHub repo, where you can check out detailed changelogs and pick up development versions of the pack as well as official releases. You can also do it old-skool through a direct download like before. This also lets you suggest changes to the pack through GitHub by sending me pull requests! By all means do, especially if there's a mod you want supported.

In the future, configs built for solo play will make a comeback. Configs tuned for FTB play and RR play will also be included in the future; the current release is tuned for FTB users exclusively.

Huge apologies to everyone that I can't make this as smooth for novice users as I used to, but I have to work with what I'm dealt. Happy crafting!

Reactions: KirinDave

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Copied over the configs, the IC2 chargepads have the same id slot as electric expansion Redstone Wire.

Edit: ID 3099 if you're wondering the number.

Reactions: Velotican

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Np, I checked it from the MAIN_1_5_2+ folder that you have in the download to make sure it wasn't just a problem on my end as well.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Did you actually run Minecraft with these configs and get a conflict?

This might be one of those rare times where one mod bitshifts and another doesn't and we get lucky. I think all UE mods bitshift so add 256 to the EE ID.

I purposely scoured the loading log for conflicts before finalising the release and the only explicit conflict left is one where Engineer's Toolbox overwrites itself like a crazy person, at least on my end.

E: Reconfirmed that the pack loads correctly. I wondered why I hadn't caught anything, it looks like those are junk settings.

3098 and 3099 are registered in the EE config but neither they nor 3354 and 3355 are taken with anything at all (except 3099 has the ChargePad ofc). It looks like redstone wire has been replaced with Switch Wire, which is present and not conflicting.

Thanks for your vigilance on this one, I'll keep an eye out, but it looks like no emergency patch is required here. :)

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, I ran it and it had a conflict, thus I checked to see which ones were conflicting. In my experience the only ids that seem to do the shifting are non-block ids, but that could just be coincidence. But yes, in the configs both items are set to 3099 and it caused my game to throw out an error about conflicting ids. The only other thing I can think of is it didn't change the configs properly when replacing the olds ones and the configs are shifted....gonna check that now.

Edit: Just completely removed the old configs and replaced them with the configs provided in the download and it's throwing out the ID conflict, so it wasn't just an issue of overwriting the old configs either.

2013-07-27 10:59:50 [INFO] [STDERR] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 3099 is already occupied by myrathi.ic2.chargepads.e@2a3973c when adding electricexpansion.common.blocks.BlockRedstonePaintedWire@421de57

Reactions: Velotican

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
That's really weird. I get no such conflict at all on my end, so I wouldn't have caught this.

I'll get them moved quickly.

E: It seems those particular items are never being registered on my end at all, which is really really odd. I suspect this might be UE anti-redundancy behaviour kicking in, possibly incorrectly.

I'm using Electric Expansion 2.0.0 if that's any help here. It's possible these were recently removed after all.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using 2.3.0.51, however if I go to download 2.0.0 it says this: Invalid File: downloads/ee/ElectricExpansion_v2.0.0.jar

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Based on the above conversation, v1.0.0.2 has been released with the fixed config. Enjoy!

E: Funnily enough, shortly after this was sorted, EE got pulled from RR. It looks like EE is on its way out anyway.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Any plans to support the mods in Wyld's Ultra Hard Mode Survival pack? The private pack code is UHS.

Edit: Also, I wonder why is was pulled. Only thing I can think of is you can just use TE conduits instead of the wires that EE adds.

Status
Not open for further replies.