Resonance Unleashed - [Closed - merged into Resonant Rise]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

shockwave95

Jul 29, 2019
i'm using version 2.82C and i cant see that config the reason i was asking is becase i cant find the recipie for the iridium alloy ingot. on the wiki or in NEI. Do you know the recipie for it

viveleroi

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using the easy gregtech configs, updated the server and my client, but several IC2 recipes still won't "restore" - the ic2 machines seem fine, but the mining drill, mixed metal ingots, and a few others won't work with their normal recipes.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
These cannot be restored as Greg has for some reason made these recipes hardcoded in more recent versions of his mod.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Now that 1.6.1 is out, there will be the inevitable code freeze and transition from 1.5.X to 1.6.X.

I will be making a finalised 1.5.X support pack soon, probably this weekend. Then it's time to move on once again!

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Due to recent GregTech pram-toy-flinging drama and other immediate commitments taking priority (Resonant Rise going public this weekend), future updates to this config pack are postponed until I make my mind up as to whether it's appropriate to continue to support GregTech after what's happened, and either way, I will need to redesign the pack more thoroughly than I was expecting.

There will probably be some version of U-FTB in the future, but it's going to take a different form now. See you down the road. :D

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019
Due to recent GregTech pram-toy-flinging drama and other immediate commitments taking priority (Resonant Rise going public this weekend), future updates to this config pack are postponed until I make my mind up as to whether it's appropriate to continue to support GregTech after what's happened, and either way, I will need to redesign the pack more thoroughly than I was expecting.

There will probably be some version of U-FTB in the future, but it's going to take a different form now. See you down the road. :D
Don't.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019

Drop it, never look back. Concentrate on Resonant Rise. If people want to use the configs you've made for the packs/versions you have already done, great. But I wouldn't spend another second of my time going through Greg's configs. I'm finished with him and his dickish ways.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always

I hope you won't dump the Universal FTB Config Pack along with all the GregTech stuff. I can easily see a Universal FTB Config Pack being used by other mod pack compilers to be able to release mod packs which are compatible with FTB mod packs, and can employ plug-and-play compatibility with any of the mods used in FTB. That project would still be worthwhile.

And who knows, maybe GregTech won't show up in any FTB mod pack. In which case... it just doesn't get included.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
It's nice to see my work over the last few months has been appreciated. It's not often very obvious. :)
Oh, I absolutely appreciate all the hard work and effort you have put into it. But let me tell you, if you are able to put together a universal FTB config pack for 1.6.x (once the FTB packs are released, of course), it would make smaller custom mod packs (like, say, mine) *much* more likely to be able to have other mods added on to them without ID conflicts.

There are some mod authors which do not permit a wide distribution of their mod. Which is perfectly fine, and well within their rights. However, it means that mod pack compilers like myself cannot include them in our mod packs.

However, people still wish to be able to play with them. So a Universal Config Pack would permit, say, ShneekeyCraft to have config files for mods such as TC3 or Ars Magika, which are not giving permission for inclusion into mod packs outside of their select circle. That way, end-users can pick them up themselves, quite legitimately, and won't have any ID conflicts when trying to add them in the Launcher. Just add and done.

Best of all, since 1.6.x is basically forcing a world-restart on everyone anyways, it is the *perfect* time for a mod pack compiler to jump on board with a project like this, since it will involve a significant change in ID's and thus corrupt old worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.