Resizable Launcher

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

FyberOptic

Jul 29, 2019
I saw a post on the FTB subreddit earlier where someone asked if FTB would make the launcher resizable. And I totally agree. Problem is, I know that this launcher will be decommissioned eventually, so I question how much effort I should waste on it.

I focused specifically on the modpacks panel to gauge interest, and if people/FTB/whoever is interested enough then I might try to straighten out the rest of the tabs and do a pull request.

The biggest difference that you'll notice is the implementation of a split pane now, which is adjustable.

ftbigger1.png

ftbigger2.png

There's still quirks to iron out when you resize it smaller than usual, but I think the entire launcher is doable with a bit of effort. Even if FTB doesn't want it, I'll certainly keep it!

Reactions: xbony2

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I've found it pretty darn bizarre how I can't read the News thru the Launcher (its been like that for months despite me commenting on it a few times). The text doesn't wrap, and the window isn't large enough to fit it all in properly. The launcher cannot be resized.

Either I'm the only one who has this problem (doubtful) or else it's a problem that nobody cares about (also doubtful but possible).

Reactions: BIG mac and Pyure

FyberOptic

Jul 29, 2019
Well look at that, you're right. Text isn't breaking properly at all. I mostly use MultiMC and just check the website for the news, so I never noticed.

I noticed that it works fine in my version, so I built the latest version without any of my changes to check, and it does seem that they've fixed the line-break issue. They also fixed the @ forum tag thing so that it doesn't show up as broken bbcode. I imagine that they'll push that out before long.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I've found it pretty darn bizarre how I can't read the News thru the Launcher (its been like that for months despite me commenting on it a few times). The text doesn't wrap, and the window isn't large enough to fit it all in properly. The launcher cannot be resized.

Either I'm the only one who has this problem (doubtful) or else it's a problem that nobody cares about (also doubtful but possible).
Same here. iirc I hold the left mouse button and "drag" the screen around to be able to read it.

Drives me nuts.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Same here. iirc I hold the left mouse button and "drag" the screen around to be able to read it.

Drives me nuts.

That never worked for me, but I did finally figure out that there's a link that can be clicked in the News window to open the web broswer and take you to the FTB site to read the News. I think you just click on the title of the news report.

You guys made me happy tho, its the first confirmation I've ever gotten that it isn't just me having this issue. :)

Reactions: Pyure

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I think the news thing is one of those things you assume they will fix soon so you just ignore it for now and deal with it in whatever way you can (I just come on here), then... before you realize it, it's been months later and it's still broken but you've gotten so used to just dealing with it you don't even care anymore lol