Remember that boring old nether?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
The thing about ore bushes is that they a) take a long time to grow, and b) only give a nugget when processed.

Unless you were to wait for the imminent CC peripheral to come for it, they can only be manually mined, and you would need ~100 gold ore berry bushes for it to be worth it.

Did I mention they take a long time to grow?

well even if there not op i don't think it makes sense

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
To anyone thinking "OMG NETHER IS UGLY NOW GREG COME HERE NERF THIS THING":
The Nether was supposed to be one hell of a place to explore (ignore the pun). As it stood in FTB, it wasn't really useful - most useful mobs were put in mobtraps using Soul Shards, Nether Wart was farmable in the Overworld with Forestry/MFR and you could make a Netherrack MystCraft age for all your Magma Crucible needs (Lava)/Compressor needs (Nether Brick).
Now it is not only worth exploring, but also quite dangerous - and they fit!
Like sulfur clouds! Used to make Gunpowder! Or Ash Clouds - coal!
All mob drops.
If you think Glowvines are out of place... Then Glowstone is out of place too.
Every mob has its Nether equivalent (IMO - Blazes/Enderman, Ghasts/Creepers, Pigmen/Zombie, Spiders/Spiders, Wither Skeletons/Skeletons and Wither/Ender Dragon) now.
And truth be told, the Nether is more of a "Doomed version of the Overworld" then a "Desesperate place with no life in there, save some mobs" now.

Reactions: TheLegendaryFoxFire

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
The thing about ore bushes is that they a) take a long time to grow, and b) only give a nugget when processed.

Unless you were to wait for the imminent CC peripheral to come for it, they can only be manually mined, and you would need ~100 gold ore berry bushes for it to be worth it.

Did I mention they take a long time to grow?

MFR supports the ore bushes now, so they're a decent way to mine passively. But they will not respond to fertilizers, so the only way to speed then up is a fairly massive area. MFR systems slow down and cost more energy the more you upgrade them, so its never going to be competition for the mining drill laser or even manual mining.[DOUBLEPOST=1370720009][/DOUBLEPOST]
well even if there not op i don't think it makes sense

It is at least as plausible as torches that burn forever, infinite water, bedrock, and a portal leading to hell.

Reactions: Lambert2191

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
MFR supports the ore bushes now, so they're a decent way to mine passively. But they will not respond to fertilizers, so the only way to speed then up is a fairly massive area. MFR systems slow down and cost more energy the more you upgrade them, so its never going to be competition for the mining drill laser or even manual mining.[DOUBLEPOST=1370720009][/DOUBLEPOST]

It is at least as plausible as torches that burn forever, infinite water, bedrock, and a portal leading to hell.

they don't make sense from a logical standpoint, but i don't think ore berries make sense more a minecraft standpoint

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
MFR supports the ore bushes now, so they're a decent way to mine passively. But they will not respond to fertilizers, so the only way to speed then up is a fairly massive area. MFR systems slow down and cost more energy the more you upgrade them, so its never going to be competition for the mining drill laser or even manual mining.

I prefer to use multiple Harvesters, one for each ore type harvesting 9 oreberry bushes, so you end up with one ingot per berry cycle on average.

Also, as of RC1, Natura's Berry Bushes are also compatible with Harvesters, and they will look 'up' now. So you only need a single Harvester for a 3 x 3 x 4 tall berry bush, and it will harvest the ones in the middle that you normally could not reach.

Now the question is... what to do with them? They can't go in the Bio Reactor for processing into Biofuel, and there's no way you're going to go through THAT much food...

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
they don't make sense from a logical standpoint, but i don't think ore berries make sense more a minecraft standpoint
One can argue however one wants - trying to combine "logic" and "minecraft" in the very same sentence is a futile endeavor.

Reactions: fergcraft