Remember that boring old nether?

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by Lambert2191, May 31, 2013.

1. Lambert2191

Lambert2191 Popular Member

it's not my favourite past time either.. I'm not so experienced at verbal vomit

2. Dravarden

Dravarden Well-Known Member

ok, add features, but have fucking sence when doing it

clouds and trees? wtf! its supposed to be hell, not the paradise.[DOUBLEPOST=1369991786][/DOUBLEPOST]

so just because I have an opinion is automatically trolling?

ahh, the internet, gotta love it and the wonderful people that use it

anyway, talking about hating mods, thaumcraft is one of the few I don't hate (every feature has to do with each other, researching is fun, no nerfs everywhere, updated and always has new features...)

3. Lambert2191

did you watch the vid or just look at the picture?
    The trees are called ghostwood, bloodwood (and theres another I forget) the mushrooms look seethrough and creepy, the vines sting like a bitch, the new mobs are exceedingly dangerous..

seriously all of the new shit totally fits in with the Nether. You don't know what you're talking about

4. Golrith

Golrith Over-Achiever

new features:
    burning sand - hot to walk on
    thorn vines - hurt to touch
    mushrooms - poisonous effects
    nitrocreepers - perfect hell version of overworld creepers

Apart from the names of Ghost Tree and Blood Wood, I don't think the trees have any hellish side effects
    Not sure if the sulphur clouds also have any effect

No doubt others I'm not aware off.

Edit: ninja'd by Lambert

5. Lambert2191

the ghostwood is fucking seethrough!

And burning sand didn't hurt for me to walk on, may have been my Osmium booties though

6. Trunks9809

Trunks9809 Active Member

Doesn't bloodwood explode when you harvest it? Or is that ghostwood?

7. Lambert2191

neither, it's the one I forget the name of

8. Poppycocks

Poppycocks Popular Member

That's funny, I sometimes have negative opinions about stuff as well, and I even express them, noone's called me a troll yet though.

Take for example your second post where you explain why you don't like it. It still shows that are your making opinions based on emotional kneejerk disinformed conclusion jumping, but you at least explain why you feel that way. I'm sure as hell not going to call you a troll for that.

That's the thing, you yourself fall into the category of internet users you hate :D.

9. Golrith

Golrith Over-Achiever

Your boots may have protected you. I think I remember seeing in DW20's spotlight that the sand can burn when he took off his boots.

Now you mention it, I vaguely remember the exploding tree too. It's that blue one isn't it, the one we've all can't remember the name off? :D

10. Trunks9809

Trunks9809 Active Member

Fusewood? That sounds vaguely explodey (I'm just checking the code on github, at work so no minecraft to check in game...)

11. Lambert2191

I think it's the blue one.. not certain

12. Revemohl

Revemohl Well-Known Member

13. Mjw

Mjw Well-Known Member

14. WayofTime

WayofTime Blood Magic Dev FTB Mod Dev

Biomes O' Plenty. It is a different world gen mod that adds biomes, which we use on the Resonant Rise server.

Turning away slightly from your videos, which I still say are quite good, it is nice that you are recording since it may help to get the positive attention to the pack that we need to gain permissions.

Apart from that, perhaps uploading in a ... consistent pattern may be the best idea. I don't know, just my thought =3

15. Lambert2191

lol that would probably help yes.. sowwy :p

16. Avatar

Liking ur vids lambert, your lucky to have a voice which is made for video making, mine is just too...different :)
    Subbed btw.

Lambert2191 likes this.
  17. xSINZx

xSINZx Member

I'm a Noob. The Nether Ain't Boring. It has Ghast's and Pigmen and Firebats.
    If I wasn't busy building a Township in the Overworld. I would probably build something bigger in the Nether.

EDIT: :)

18. Dravarden

Dravarden Well-Known Member

yeah! lets add unicorns to the nether but when you touch them you get burn, totally fits!

and yes, I did saw the video.

19. xSINZx

xSINZx Member

I find it funny how you think "Nine Months" is the definition of Stupidity.

20. Mjw

Mjw Well-Known Member

I know its biomes o plenty i use it in my pack aswell i was wondering if the nether biome was added in Bop, also which version is it?